Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 136 to 148 of 148

Thread: Recruiting

  1. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatjanelpick View Post
    In ones-that-got-away-since-Stollings-didn't-much-care-about-posts news, Taylor Koenen's Tarheels have kicked it up a notch in the back half of the season, beating #1 Notre Dame and unbeaten NC State.
    Not to defend Marlene’s lack of success recruiting in-State players but Koenen was committed to UNC before Stollings was hired.


  2. #137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samloupete View Post
    Does anyone know if Taya Hakamaki is a recruiting target for the Gophers?
    There was a good article on Taya on Prep Girls Hoops a couple of weeks ago. She is a very nice player but nowhere near athletic enough for the Big Ten. She's more likely a D2 kid.

  3. #138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveOut View Post
    Not to defend Marlene’s lack of success recruiting in-State players but Koenen was committed to UNC before Stollings was hired.
    https://www.dailytarheel.com/article...n-feature-0227

    Yep, Stollings was barely here before Koenen committed. And apparently it was going to be UNC anyway.


    She didn’t hear wrong. The Cyclones were the first team to offer, and then more kept rolling in. Koenen handled most of the recruiting herself, even at such a young age. There was one name on her shortlist that stuck out, though — North Carolina. Growing up in Minnesota, it was a surprise to many that the Tar Heels were on her radar. But you can chalk that up to her dad. Despite the fact that he was an Iowa guy, and even made his daughter's email name ‘tskhawkeye,’ he loved watching UNC.

    “I brought her up on North Carolina,” her father said. “I brought her up on Michael Jordan and Carolina basketball. She had Jordan shoes, even when she was little.”

    Koenen took a visit to Chapel Hill the summer after her sophomore season, and she knew it was the place for her. She committed shortly after and started to hone her game. She forewent her final year of softball, much to her coach’s dismay, in order to get ready for her time down South.

  4. #139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveOut View Post
    Not to defend Marlene’s lack of success recruiting in-State players but Koenen was committed to UNC before Stollings was hired.
    Please stop using facts to interfere with my desire to blame everything on Stollings.

  5. #140

    Default

    https://www.kaaltv.com/sports/lindsa...tball/5238326/

    According to Stewartville head girls’ basketball coach Ryan Liffrig, the Golden Gophers’ head women’s basketball coach will be in attendance on Friday night to watch the Lourdes Eagles face the Stewartville Tigers in Stewartville. Whalen is reportedly interested in Eagles’ junior Alyssa Ustby, as well as Tigers sophomore Erin Lamb.

    Lamb, who unofficially visited the University of Wisconsin-Madison this past fall and is also a standout volleyball player at Stewartville, is averaging 14.4 points and 5.2 rebounds per game this season.

    Ustby, who already has multiple Division I basketball offers and recently scored a school record 43 points in a win at Kasson-Mantorville, is averaging 25.2 points and 13.3 rebounds per game.

  6. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post
    https://www.dailytarheel.com/article...n-feature-0227

    Yep, Stollings was barely here before Koenen committed. And apparently it was going to be UNC anyway.


    She didn’t hear wrong. The Cyclones were the first team to offer, and then more kept rolling in. Koenen handled most of the recruiting herself, even at such a young age. There was one name on her shortlist that stuck out, though — North Carolina. Growing up in Minnesota, it was a surprise to many that the Tar Heels were on her radar. But you can chalk that up to her dad. Despite the fact that he was an Iowa guy, and even made his daughter's email name ‘tskhawkeye,’ he loved watching UNC.

    “I brought her up on North Carolina,” her father said. “I brought her up on Michael Jordan and Carolina basketball. She had Jordan shoes, even when she was little.”

    Koenen took a visit to Chapel Hill the summer after her sophomore season, and she knew it was the place for her. She committed shortly after and started to hone her game. She forewent her final year of softball, much to her coach’s dismay, in order to get ready for her time down South.
    Easy classes and warm weather equals UNC.

  7. #142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Easy classes and warm weather equals UNC.
    Considering Taylor made the ACC All-Academic team, the ACC Honor Roll and was chosen as one of three ACC athletes to represent the thousands of athletes in the conference at the NCAA governance meetings I hardly think she chose UNC for easy classes.

  8. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveOut View Post
    Considering Taylor made the ACC All-Academic team, the ACC Honor Roll and was chosen as one of three ACC athletes to represent the thousands of athletes in the conference at the NCAA governance meetings I hardly think she chose UNC for easy classes.
    Anyone can make all academic at UNC...

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Beaver Lodge in Lake Gopher
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Anyone can make all academic at UNC...
    To be fair, some of the fake classes are much more difficult.

  10. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beavergopher View Post
    To be fair, some of the fake classes are much more difficult.

  11. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatjanelpick View Post
    Please stop using facts to interfere with my desire to blame everything on Stollings.
    You can still blame her for passing on Kasson-Mantorville's Kristen Scott.

    Sorry, Cyclones were talking a little recruiting on our board and as a metro local and secondary Gopher fan I thought I'd stop in here and see what the chatter was. It's hard to track unless someone on a board is a sleuth in digging stuff up.

  12. #147

    Default



  13. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post

    Go Gophers, Maroon & Gold runs deep! Be a Gopher Alyissa!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •