Pioneer Press: J Robinson, U working toward appeal hearing

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shipley:

The grievance process of fired University of Minnesota wrestling coach J Robinson is moving toward an appeals hearing through the U’s Office for Conflict Resolution.

The U is in the process of empanelling a three-person committee to hear arguments from Robinson’s legal team and the athletics department, Robinson’s contract adviser James Bock said Monday. Athletics director Mark Coyle fired Robinson on Sept. 8 for what he characterized as a failure to cooperate with a school investigation into drug use and sales among his wrestlers

Robinson, 70, was dismissed with cause — meaning the U deemed itself free of any financial obligation — for his role. If it’s determined the school did not have cause to fire Robinson, he likely would be owed a buyout of more than $500,000. He was under contract through 2020 and owed roughly $150,000 a year in base salary and additional compensation.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/06/j-robinson-u-working-toward-appeal-hearing/

Go Gophers!!

Interesting I didn't see this last month. Really bites the way all of this went down. I think he tried to do the right thing although that doesn't always align with policy, but I don't think it make it wrong because it doesn't align with policy.

Top Bottom