Big Ten Coach of the Year - RICHARD PITINO!!!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

AWESOME!!! Congratulations, Coach.

Lordy! The parade continues, wow!! Congrats to all of the awarded, they earned it. Now go out and kick some post season tail!

ESPN's Rittenberg chimes in:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, this was well deserved. He did an excellent job this year.

So great! Congratulations!!
He'll sleep better this off season

What a difference a year makes...this time last year the pitchforks and torches were coming from all directions. Good for him. I see this as the beginning as he is building the program for long term success.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pitino is truly deserving. Very stoked about all the awards

Pitino is very likable, which is amazing given the blood lines. It would have been a joke if he did not win the award this year. He did a great job with this team.

It will be interesting to see if they have to pay him this year or can wait another year. I don't think he is going anywhere, especially if the Gophers pony up with a rich, long term extension.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Should we fire up the "he's gone" threads?

No one deserved this more than pitino. I was worried it would go to Collins. Great news for coach!

Congrats to Pitino for winning more games than Gopher football.

:cool02:

Well deserved. I figured Collins would get it. Justice was served.

Awesome! Where are the resident haters?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well deserved. Admit never saw this 2nd half run coming. Thought when the team sat 3-6 the best they might finish was 8-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion strong cases for the award could have been made for Pitino, Collins, or McCaffery. Congratulations to Coach Pitino on the award, but the next 3 weeks are where he can leave no doubt he was the correct choice.

Congratulations Coach Pitino! Very impressive job in the past 12 months. When the going got tough Coach just stayed positive and never complained. Very classy approach. The future looks very bright. Hopefully local talent will want to jump on the wagon and make their marks. Congrats to Nate, Reggie, Murph and all of the guys. Good luck in the tournaments. Let's hope for some luck to go with a great team effort moving forward. I can't wait to attend more games next year in a packed barn. Awesome season!

...waiting for Ewert and his pals to respond.
I was pretty frustrated after last season, but this year has been amazing. Pitino is the right pick.

Top Bottom