BleedGopher

Reaction score
Miles Bridges
Amir Coffey
Jordan Bohannon
Tony Carr
Tyler Cook

Go Gophers!!

Can't remember when we had players on the first team like this.

Very well deserved. Hopefully next year Amir is in contention for All Big Ten. I expect him to be.

Coffey to me was the game changer this season. Having the ball in his hands is almost always a good thing. Such a fine tuned player, so excited to keep watching him play and grow!

He is a freshman and sooooo talented. Give it a year and we'll all be hoping he doesn't jump to the NBA

Very well deserved. Hopefully next year Amir is in contention for All Big Ten. I expect him to be.

I totally agree. Next season he will put on more muscle and will be one of the top players in the big ten.

He has so much potential. Great honor!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amir and Nate and Jordan all helped each other make these teams! You have to have a good team to get these type of awards. Well done to all three of them and Pitino!

Amir looks like he has already been putting on some muscle. He will be special!

If I were an MSU fan or Izzo i'd be absolutely livid that Nick Ward didn't make it. Comparable snub to Damian Johnson.

Good for this young man! A very bright future!

If I were an MSU fan or Izzo i'd be absolutely livid that Nick Ward didn't make it. Comparable snub to Damian Johnson.
Hard to justify two first team freshmen from a Michigan State team that wasn't top 4 in the league. Between Bridges and Ward, most people will take Bridges.

Awesome! Way to go Amir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree. The kid had stretches of dominance. Unbelievably talented. Really hoping he heads to the NBA early otherwise he will be a headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick Ward.... absolutely deserving... just unfortunate that his teammate is Miles Bridges.

Hard to justify two first team freshmen from a Michigan State team that wasn't top 4 in the league. Between Bridges and Ward, most people will take Bridges.

You can absolutely justify MSU having two guys in the all freshman team. Those two guys carried that team and were far and away their two best players. MSU also went 10-8 in the conference and is a likely tourney team.

In fact I think you can make just as strong of a case for Ward making an All Big Ten team as Murphy or Hayes.

Those two guys carried that team and were far and away their two best players.

In fact I think you can make just as strong of a case for Ward making an All Big Ten team as Murphy or Hayes.
Sure you can, but Murphy and Hayes team had better conference and overall records.
If it helps you feel better, both Bridges and Ward will be in the NBA draft this summer. You can cheer them on next season.

Sure you can, but Murphy and Hayes team had better conference and overall records.
If it helps you feel better, both Bridges and Ward will be in the NBA draft this summer. You can cheer them on next season.

So as a Minnesota fan, I can't point out and argue snubs of other teams? I'll call it like I see it.

I don't really love Ward as an NBA player anyways. Undersized 4 that will struggle guarding guys on the perimeter and could lose a few pounds. Stud college player though.

Don't really love Ward as an NBA player. Undersized 4 that will struggle guarding guys on the perimeter and could lose a few pounds. Stud college player though.
If he was that much of a stud, his team wouldn't have been mid-level in a down year for the B1G. [emoji41] [emoji56]

If he was that much of a stud, his team wouldn't have been mid-level in a down year for the B1G. [emoji41] [emoji56]

He along with Bridges carried that team, a team that went 10-8 in conference and is a likely tourney team. Like I said, if I were an MSU fan or Izzo, I'd be livid.

He along with Bridges carried that team, a team that went 10-8 in conference and is a likely tourney team. Like I said, if I were an MSU fan or Izzo, I'd be livid.
I get a kick out of Izzo's whining on the sidelines. He reminds me of the kid laying prone in the candy aisle when mom won't let him get a sucker. [emoji41]

Coffey definitely does not play like a freshman. Makes big plays, smart plays on a pretty regular basis. That's great news!!

Huge congrats to Amir. In state top 50 (better if he was healthy) stays home and makes all B1G freshman his first year while starting and playing a key role on a top 4 team in the conference. I was extremely impressed with Amir in all areas: fundamentals, skill, intangibles, athletic ability...he checked all the boxes. There were a number of times this year where Amir personally turned the momentum in a game that was in danger of going the wrong way.

Thank you for raising such a wonderful son Richard!

Amir, I hope you have a great 4 years here at Minnesota!

Top Bottom