First Team All-Big Ten Announced - NATE MASON!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Ethan Happ
Peter Jok
Nate Mason
Caleb Swanigan
Melo Trimble

Go Gophers!!

Awesome news for Mason and the team.

Thataway Nate! Well deserved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Awesome! Way to go Nate! Love getting that kind of respect from the voters.

Oh, that's sweet. Good for Nate. He's had a huge year.

Guess he's going to start believing Pitino that he's one of the top guards in the country!

Amazing that he's probably the best of the 2014 guards (other than Tyus) that we coveted at the time...i.e Josh Perkins, Nairn, Kaleb Joseph, Jaquan Newton.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Amazing that he's probably the best of the 2014 guards (other than Tyus) that we coveted at the time...i.e Josh Perkins, Nairn, Kaleb Joseph, Jaquan Newton.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ryan James talked about that recently, and he's totally correct. Pitino got very fortunate with some of the people in that class. Imagine how we're feeling with Nairn and the big dude who went to VCU.

People on Reddit think it's a joke and that Miles Bridges or Derrick Walton should have gotten first team over Mason. Looking at the stats, there seems to be a pretty good argument for Walton.

People on Reddit think it's a joke and that Miles Bridges or Derrick Walton should have gotten first team over Mason. Looking at the stats, there seems to be a pretty good argument for Walton.

Maybe Walton should've beaten us. Efficiency isn't everything. We run totally different offenses. It's easy to be efficient when 4 other players on your team shoot near 40% from three. Yet he still had fewer APG than Mason? Odd.

Also /r/collegebasketball becomes an anti-Minnesota circlejerk anytime we get recognition for anything. This isn't unexpected. It's seriously one of the worst basketball communities on the internet.

Maybe Walton should've beaten us. Efficiency isn't everything. We run totally different offenses. It's easy to be efficient when 4 other players on your team shoot near 40% from three. Yet he still had fewer APG than Mason? Odd.

Michigan is the slowest paced team in the Big Ten, 5th slowest in the country, Minnesota is the 2nd fastest in the Big Ten, 41st in the country, so the slow pace probably affects Walton's per game stats negatively, but who knows if the voters are actually analyzing pace-adjusted metrics when casting votes.

Don't mean to dump on Mason, just playing devil's advocate. With the way Michigan has repeatedly broken Minnesota fans' hearts, it's kinda nice to hear them whine about get screwed against the Gophers.

Congrats Nate. You are the team leader and you had a great season.

Michigan is the slowest paced team in the Big Ten, 5th slowest in the country, Minnesota is the 2nd fastest in the Big Ten, 41st in the country, so the slow pace probably affects Walton's per game stats negatively, but who knows if the voters are actually analyzing pace-adjusted metrics when casting votes.

Don't mean to dump on Mason, just playing devil's advocate. With the way Michigan has repeatedly broken Minnesota fans' hearts, it's kinda nice to hear them whine about get screwed against the Gophers.

But they're also more efficient so that will affect his per game stats positively

Congrats Nate!

Nadine, give Bleed a raise.

Well deserved. The rock of our team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom