Knowing What They Do Now, Would Reid Travis Make a Different Decision? Would Pitino?

Let me clarify. I didn't like how he handled his decision. I don't begrudge any young man the right to pick the school of their choice but I think the specific way he went about it was unduly inflammatory and disrespectful. I wasn't making any generalized claims about his character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Let me clarify." "I wasn't making any generalized claims about his character." Correct, you made very specific character assaults "unduy inflammatory and disrespectful

Let me clarify. I didn't like how he handled his decision. I don't begrudge any young man the right to pick the school of their choice but I think the specific way he went about it was unduly inflammatory and disrespectful. I wasn't making any generalized claims about his character.

By holding a press conference like everyone else but just choosing a different school than you wanted him to? Or are you upset because 'insiders' claimed they knew he was going to MN but he didn't?

I was not surprised when he accepted a basketball scholarship to one of the greatest universities in the world(#1or 2 in USA) which also has a great athletic program year after year.

"Great athletic program" isn't a reason to pick a school when they're terrible at your specific sport. Stanford wasn't good under Dawkins and they've gotten even worse since then; Travis will never play in the NCAA tourney no matter what kind of stats he puts up.

If he and Macura had put on the maroon and gold, as it looked like would happen at one time, we're possibly final four material this year (although there's also a chance we wouldn't have gotten Jordan Murphy the next year, in that scenario).

With all of his injuries, is he going to get an extra year? Potential grad transfer?

Edit: Never mind, I now see he finished the season. I thought I had heard he was out for the year earlier this season.

Prob mixing him up with the kid who was here for a week and left- at Cal Poly now.

Travis would not think differently and neither would coach Pitino. Coaches miss players all the time, every coach. It is refreshing to have an athlete make a decision that is not focused entirely on his sport. I got my law degree from Stanford and grew up down the road and anyone who has the chance to go to Stanford is being given the opportunity of a lifetime. Sometimes the grass is greener and bravo to young people who venture away from home to grow and experience new things.

By holding a press conference like everyone else but just choosing a different school than you wanted him to? Or are you upset because 'insiders' claimed they knew he was going to MN but he didn't?

I'm not going to dig up my old posts detailing the problems I had with how he handled the process, but I encourage you to do so, since you appear to have so much zest for the topic. Suffice it to say, I didn't write similar posts about Vaughn or Tyus Jones or JP Macura.

UOTE=JOHN4254;1363120]"Let me clarify." "I wasn't making any generalized claims about his character." Correct, you made very specific character assaults "unduy inflammatory and disrespectful[/QUOTE]

"Assaults?" This rhetoric is getting heated. I frankly don't care enough to continue it. We can have different opinions on how somebody handled an event over three years ago.

I'm not going to dig up my old posts detailing the problems I had with how he handled the process, but I encourage you to do so, since you appear to have so much zest for the topic. Suffice it to say, I didn't write similar posts about Vaughn or Tyus Jones or JP Macura.

Yeah, the Reid Travis thing was just brutal, worst I can recall, by any local player. To be fair, I don't think that's what he intended. I think it was so bad for all the fans (with all the indications he was set to choose MN) is because he actually intended to announce for Minnesota but changed his mind at the very end, with I believe some bad timing (epic Stanford football win at home on nat'l tv the night before) and strong influence from one or both parents.

Top Bottom