All Things Championship Week! (Non-Big Ten Tournament)

south dakota state is dancing.

Stanford down 50-42 at halftime to Arizona State in Pac 12 tourney 1st round, but Reid Travis has 15 points and 3 boards.

Stanford down 50-42 at halftime to Arizona State in Pac 12 tourney 1st round, but Reid Travis has 15 points and 3 boards.

Out of curiosity I checked out some Stanford basketball forums. Two things of note, hardly any posts on any of them and the few posts I did find were incredibly negative about the future of the program. Some fans were even suggesting the school would be better off folding the program and putting all of the saved funds toward football. Apparently they don't have a PG on the team and don't have an answer lined up for next year.

Hopefully Reid is hitting the book so he can graduate this summer. Even if he didn't transfer to Minnesota, he may want to go somewhere a little more competitive for his final year of college basketball.

Jim Boeheim is candid, I'll give him that

While ripping the ACC for holding tournament in Greensboro (most years), he also throws a compliment the B1G's way.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

While ripping the ACC for holding tournament in Greensboro (most years), he also throws a compliment the B1G's way.

Aren't they in Brooklyn this year?

My SunDevils close out Stanford in OT. That was a pretty crazy game. On another note, how nice would it be to get Reid Travis to transfer in next season?! He could graduate this summer correct?

Sigh. Isn't he retiring soon or did they delay that again?

How are the teams the Gophers faced doing?

I saw Mt St Mary's won the Northeastern? Championship. Nice to beat teams that are in the dance!

I didn't notice this until now.
In 2018 the Big Ten plays their tournament at Madison Square Garden, a full week ahead of when they hold it now.

This is interesting because it will be a full week before the tournament.
From a TV perspective, they'll be the only tournament on-going at that time.
I wonder if that will boost the ratings.

In 2018 the Big Ten plays their tournament at Madison Square Garden, a full week ahead of when they hold it now.

It isn't the only tournament, but it will be the only major conference tournament. The earlier date was a concession to secure access to MSG. The Big East has it booked for the week the Big Ten would normally be held.

How are the teams the Gophers faced doing?

I saw Mt St Mary's won the Northeastern? Championship. Nice to beat teams that are in the dance!

We played 4 teams from the Sun Belt Conference and 3 made it to the final 8 which goes continues tomorrow.

Vandy and Arkansas are still playing in the SEC tournament. Everyone else is done.

Edit: Florida St is still alive as well.

Down goes Kansas! Quite an upset in the Big XII

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That means they'll have nearly 2 weeks off before the NCAA tournament. Not sure that's a good thing

I really hope someone punches grayson allen in his smug, Ted Cruz looking face. I guess that "indefinite" 1 game suspension didn't fix him.

I really hope someone punches grayson allen in his smug, Ted Cruz looking face. I guess that "indefinite" 1 game suspension didn't fix him.

My use for him was extinguished after he had the game of his life to prevent Bucky from winning the title. He did his job then and he did it well, now he's just a massive ******.

Vandy beats Florida - again. I think that should put them on the right side of the bubble for sure.

Vandy beats Florida - again. I think that should put them on the right side of the bubble for sure.

One would think

One would think

So far, very few stolen spots.
Teams that are advancing all seem to be tournament team already, or at worst, bubble teams like Vandy who are playing their way in.

Great basketball tonight. There's a game wrapping up every few minutes.

The Duke, NC game is now going on for about 2 and a 1/2 hours.

Top Bottom