This is on the players

gopherhoopsguy

Reaction score
We played like we did on our 5 game losing streak.

Not enough or any big touches.. how many times did lynch have his guy completely sealed no entry from numerous wings. Looking right at him then pass away.

Murphy hardly any touches. We were winning because bigs were touching the ball and going inside out.

To much 1 on 1.

To many missed FT

On the players go back to what was working.

If Murphy is a non-factor, this team really stuggles.

I didn't see much of the game, but it's kind of important to not foul so early in halves.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of losing to Wisconsin.

We played like we did on our 5 game losing streak.

Not enough or any big touches.. how many times did lynch have his guy completely sealed no entry from numerous wings. Looking right at him then pass away.

Murphy hardly any touches. We were winning because bigs were touching the ball and going inside out.

To much 1 on 1.

To many missed FT

On the players go back to what was working.
Yep.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Low-motor Murph. Cross-eyed Springs. :(

Tons of forced shots to try to turn the momentum. When they moved the ball and played inside-outside, they did well.

Pitino has a few days to get them back on track. I like their chances to win a BTT game and then likely get another shot at Swanigan and Co!

I'm not blaming the refs.

Low motor Murph is not accurate.

He played 13 minutes. Had 4 fouls and in those 4 I think one was contesting a shot.

Here is the stat of the game. 7 assist. 0 by Mason.

Yes a tough game throughout. Hopefully we've got it out of system and we'll jell in the tournament. I believe in these guys. Yes they are a group of guys where you don't know what is going to happen. Regardless I enjoy watching these guys much more this year than last year.

Yes a tough game throughout. Hopefully we've got it out of system and we'll jell in the tournament. I believe in these guys. Yes they are a group of guys where you don't know what is going to happen. Regardless I enjoy watching these guys much more this year than last year.

Me too! :clap:

It seems that every loss to Wisconsin comes from them hitting 3's on us. They werent killing us inside but the 2nd half the 3's killed us. Also Mason missing 2 free throws to cut it to three quickly went to 13 down. 20 points the 2nd half, in our 8 game streak our offense really jelled including free throws and shooting. I didnt think we were going to win - seemed like home teams (minus Purdue) starting winning again this week. Hopefully will get it back Friday and hopefully Konate plays very few minutes and Springs learns to shoot again...

I knew we were going to get pounded as soon as I saw the video of them celebrating about getting the 4 seed yesterday. There wasn't a doubt in my mind.

Springs was pretty brutal out there, they need more out of him.

I knew we were going to get pounded as soon as I saw the video of them celebrating about getting the 4 seed yesterday. There wasn't a doubt in my mind.

Half the players forgot to get off the bus. Not sure Pitino got off the bus either (agree with the other thread). End result: complete humiliation. 0-4 against the traditional B10 powers this year.

Biggest concern from the game would be Akeem Springs, whose shot seems to have vanished.

Stop forcing shots guys. They played a good first half. If the refs had let everyone play this would have been closer.

First WI game hap killed us, this time they got hot from 3 and it killed us. WI played with more energy and intensity today.

I hope Springs needs to get his groove back, If we hope to make wave this March we NEED him.

I sure as heck hope that Fleck can beat WI this fall. We need to change this stinking story with Wisconsin.

It's been like 15-20 years now. No other school has a handle on us like this with the two major sports.

Half the players forgot to get off the bus. Not sure Pitino got off the bus either (agree with the other thread). End result: complete humiliation. 0-4 against the traditional B10 powers this year.

Biggest concern from the game would be Akeem Springs, whose shot seems to have vanished.

Who are the traditional B1G powers? Indiana, Michigan and Ohio State don't qualify??

Have I missed something? Wisconsin was a seven point favorite. They had a team of seniors play their last game on their home court. Maybe I had lower expectations for this game, but I figured Wisconsin would win. It's not our last game, let's move on.

Springs was pretty brutal out there, they need more out of him.

Is there more to it than a sore back? I saw something that said he might have a hand injury too? Either way, he hasn't been hitting 3's in a few weeks now.

Have I missed something? Wisconsin was a seven point favorite. They had a team of seniors play their last game on their home court. Maybe I had lower expectations for this game, but I figured Wisconsin would win. It's not our last game, let's move on.
This ^^^^^

It should not take this long but remember how long UW went where they were just horrible. Poor leadership in the administration, the ad's and the coaches were terrible for a really long time at UW and now it has been the same at the U. Hopefully Fleck and Pitino end the misery of going decade after decade without winning the conference. Only consistent excellence should be accepted.

I could have swore I saw Leidner out there in the 2nd half...

I hope Springs needs to get his groove back, If we hope to make wave this March we NEED him.

That's sort of the problem with this team though. Any given game we can look lost on offense because, besides Nate and Dupree at times, we don't have somebody who we can give the ball to and say "go get us a bucket". The 3 point line is the great equalizer and unfortunately Akeem has seemed to lose his confidence. Amir has the chance to be that guy, he just has too slow of a release at this time to shoot contested jumpers and make them consistently. That is the next step to becoming an elite 8 type of team.

It's tough to evaluate Washington considering I've never seen him play live, but it seems he has that sort of "I'm getting a bucket if my team needs me to" attitude and skill. Hopefully Harris and him can be immediate contributors to what is going to be a very good team next year.

Definitely disappointing to get blown out tonight but this game had the potential to go this way for all the reasons you mentioned above. The concerning thing is that the team the Gophers ran out there tonight looked very similar to the one that showed up during the losing streak. Hopefully they can regroup over the next few days and that squad that won 8 straight can make a run in the BTT and beyond.

Who knows, maybe this will keep their heads from getting too big. Will be interesting to see which team shows up in the BTT.

I sure as heck hope that Fleck can beat WI this fall. We need to change this stinking story with Wisconsin.

It's been like 15-20 years now. No other school has a handle on us like this with the two major sports.

Michigan has had us by the balls in both sports for awhile, we haven't been great against Ohio State either. Northwestern hasn't owned us by any means, but it feels like they beat us more often than they should.

Basketball is a funny game. You actually need to be able to put the ball through the hoop. Tonight, our Gophers did not do that well and the Badgers did. Pretty simple. When shots are falling, it's makes you look much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knowing the above the lack of intensity and being dialed in makes more sense. The Gopher's overall defensive effort was not one of their best; not bad, just not great. The 2 little runs by WI in the second half for 8-10 points because of the hand full of defensive breakdowns was the difference in the game (score). If it was close in the final 2 minutes, I think we would have won - the game plan was solid. Wisconsin looked like they wanted it more in the second half.

Unlike most, I like the Wisky O. Lots of 1 on 1 opportunities and open 3's.

They really rub tight off the screens, much better than the Gophers. Makes it tough to defend. And get lots of 3 looks when the defenders double down low. Our offense looks cluttered in the middle compared to theirs. Of course, we don't have a Happ.

You don't consider Indiana and Purdue traditional powers, you know the two schools with the most big ten titles, 45 combined! Ring a bell?

Top Bottom