97-98

EG#9

Reaction score
Of all the pathetic stats I've seen associated with Gopher sports over the past 20 years, this one is probably the worst.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't think I could have ever dreamed of a scenario where the Gophers finished below the Badgers in the standings in BASKETBALL for almost 20 years and counting. That shows just what a train wreck this program has been since 2000. Lets hope the Gophers put an end to this streak tomorrow and no other generation of Gopher fan ever has to go through something like this.

It's even worse when you consider that Wisconsin was an automatic win in basketball until the early to mid 1990s

You've got to be F'ing kidding me. Shame on me for thinking this ridiculous streak would end. Three times in recent years the Gophers have ended their basketball/football regular season with a huge game in Madison. Three times they have had the lead at halftime. Three times they have &(*@&^%*& all over themselves in the second half.

Still a good regular season and a lot left to still accomplish this year but today was a major disappointment.

Murphys 3rd and 4th were huge emotional letdowns. Pair currys foul trouble and we didn't run away in the first half. Badgers get hot, tough spot to win when they hit those threes and we turn the ball over in the paint as much as we did.

You've got to be F'ing kidding me. Shame on me for thinking this ridiculous streak would end. Three times in recent years the Gophers have ended their basketball/football regular season with a huge game in Madison. Three times they have had the lead at halftime. Three times they have &(*@&^%*& all over themselves in the second half.

Still a good regular season and a lot left to still accomplish this year but today was a major disappointment.
Yep. Rinse, repeat. The cycle continues. When will it end? Nobody knows.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I'm 30. A lot of my life has been my two favorite gopher teams (men's hoops and football) being completely dominated by Wisconsin. So I got that going for me

I'm 30. A lot of my life has been my two favorite gopher teams (men's hoops and football) being completely dominated by Wisconsin. So I got that going for me
There are other sports where the Gophers have owned Wisconsin in recent years (volleyball, womens hockey and womens hoops to name a few), but it would be nice if football or mens hoops could get it together every once in awhile.

I am a few years older than you and got in to sports at a young age, so I remember when finishing ahead of Wisconsin in hoops was almost a given and finishing ahead of them in football wasn't considered an accomplishment. Not sure which is better to experience relative success (and I do mean relative in football we were just less bad than Wisconsin some years) and see that completely crumble away or to only know the "domination" as you put it? Both are painful in different ways I'd imagine.

Same boat as all of you. Low 30s. I've got **** **** kicker, I'm from Wisconsin.

I follow a lot of Gopher sports. Wrestling is huge in my office as 10 or so guys wrestled for the Gophers. Went to a dozen volleyball matches this year. Those wins are amazing.

But I'd like to have the axe and have mens hoops win vs Wisconsin regularly because well...those are my two favorite sports.

There are other sports where the Gophers have owned Wisconsin in recent years (volleyball, womens hockey and womens hoops to name a few), but it would be nice if football or mens hoops could get it together every once in awhile.

Didn't they just win the WCHA in MPLS today? Also... I think they're the top seed in the NCAA... yikes!

Didn't they just win the WCHA in MPLS today? Also... I think they're the top seed in the NCAA... yikes!
Yeah, and up until splitting their meetings the last two tears, the Gophers had an 18-game winning streak in the series.

that is looking at it from a "glass half full" attitude...LMAO

that is looking at it from a "glass half full" attitude...LMAO

And it's been 26 years since we lost to Wisconsin in baseball.

Top Bottom