Turgeon claiming second place...

RolGnav

Reaction score
On multiple occasions today, he thinks they've secured second place already. Prove him wrong Gophers!!

Currently, they are in sole possession of 2nd place. And they will end tied for second place. Second place != second seed

Currently, they are in sole possession of 2nd place. And they will end tied for second place. Second place != second seed

Damn it, so you're saying the Gophers can't prove him wrong? Ughh. Thanks for proving me wrong. :(

Damn it, so you're saying the Gophers can't prove him wrong? Ughh. Thanks for proving me wrong. :(

It depends on whether you believe conference tournament seed and conference standing are the same thing. I remember many arguments over that a few years ago.

It depends on whether you believe conference tournament seed and conference standing are the same thing. I remember many arguments over that a few years ago.

If the Gophers finished tied for 2nd, but got the #3 or #4 seed, we'd ALL claim that 2nd place standing, and you all know we would, so its only fair that Maryland gets to claim the same.

And think of it this way, if Maryland gets to claim 2nd, then we can claim ROAD victories over the 1st and 2nd place teams in the B1G. lol

If the Gophers finished tied for 2nd, but got the #3 or #4 seed, we'd ALL claim that 2nd place standing, and you all know we would, so its only fair that Maryland gets to claim the same.

And think of it this way, if Maryland gets to claim 2nd, then we can claim ROAD victories over the 1st and 2nd place teams in the B1G. lol

Oh I agree with you. In 2012-13, the Gophers ended up in a 3-way tie for 7th with Illinois and Purdue, and we got the 9 seed in the conference tournament because we lost to Purdue in West Lafayette and split with Illinois, with the visiting team winning each game. There were frequent arguments about whether we finished 7th or 9th. We were 7th, but people who wanted Tubby gone claimed we were 9th, in an effort to discredit the team's accomplishments that year.

I'm not among those that claimed 7th was an accomplishment. Sure felt like 9th either way.

Oh I agree with you. In 2012-13, the Gophers ended up in a 3-way tie for 7th with Illinois and Purdue, and we got the 9 seed in the conference tournament because we lost to Purdue in West Lafayette and split with Illinois, with the visiting team winning each game. There were frequent arguments about whether we finished 7th or 9th. We were 7th, but people who wanted Tubby gone claimed we were 9th, in an effort to discredit the team's accomplishments that year.

that was another classic dpdoll thread IIRC.

Don't get dpodoll started...

On multiple occasions today, he thinks they've secured second place already. Prove him wrong Gophers!!

He's not wrong. Tiebreakers are for tourney seeding, not conference standings.

Man I remember this argument. Brings me back.

Top Bottom