Mitch Runs the 40 at the NFL Combine

60's Guy

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BKvxXBK-WU

15 Quarterbacks at the combine. He has the longest arms and 2nd biggest hands.

Rating:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/mitch-leidner?id=2558270

All QB's:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position

Mitch 2nd Highest Vertical of the QB's Mitch is more athletic than Deshaun Watson in all measurables except 40 time...hands, arms, height, weight, vertical, cones, broad jump. (Their combine not mine...it's maybe important to somebody?)
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/4/14802264/2017-nfl-combine-results-quarterbacks-deshaun-watson-mitch-trubisky

He's gotta be ranked 14/15...not too impressed by his throwing at the combine but was anybody in college!

Mitch L is taking his shot regardless of how good it is. If there's a 1% chance of it working out, why not give it a shot?
Players are often a product of their circumstance. Mitch L has the physical tools and it's a matter of seeing if he has the ability to develop under different coaching.

He'll get a camp shot somewhere and it's not beyond the realm of possibility that he will be drafted on the third day.

Here's a link to all of the QBs ever drafted in the NFL draft. Link: http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

It may well all boil down to how the QB class shakes out early in the draft. If there's a run early and all the top-tier guys are absorbed in the first few rounds, it improves the prospects for a guy like Mitch to get picked late.

Interesting that they were talking about fixing his mechanics etc. What was Johnson doing? Weber?

I agree

Mitch L is taking his shot regardless of how good it is. If there's a 1% chance of it working out, why not give it a shot?
Players are often a product of their circumstance. Mitch L has the physical tools and it's a matter of seeing if he has the ability to develop under different coaching.

Mitch is a good athlete and runs well for a guy of his size. He throws just well enough and has a strong enough arm that I think an NFL team is going to take a shot at him. At a minimum he is going to sign as an undrafted free agent. He just needs to build his confidence and work on his footwork some. He needs to speed up his delivery some. He should throw as much as he can leading up the pro day and practice throwing from those three step and five step drops. He needs to build confidence in his throwing. He has NFL level athletic ability, I just don't know if he can shake off his lack of confidence due to all of the beatings he has taken. He has been underrated as an athlete, the dude has skill, just don't where he fits on the field because of inconsistent throws. If there were minor league football he would be a guy that could develop doing that. Leidner needs more experience throwing the ball. He isn't as polished as Beathard but I think he as more athletic ability than that guy. I think he has a shot to collect an NFL paycheck, that's more than most of us critics will ever get to do.

Mitch is a good athlete and runs well for a guy of his size. He throws just well enough and has a strong enough arm that I think an NFL team is going to take a shot at him. At a minimum he is going to sign as an undrafted free agent. He just needs to build his confidence and work on his footwork some. He needs to speed up his delivery some. He should throw as much as he can leading up the pro day and practice throwing from those three step and five step drops. He needs to build confidence in his throwing. He has NFL level athletic ability, I just don't know if he can shake off his lack of confidence due to all of the beatings he has taken. He has been underrated as an athlete, the dude has skill, just don't where he fits on the field because of inconsistent throws. If there were minor league football he would be a guy that could develop doing that. Leidner needs more experience throwing the ball. He isn't as polished as Beathard but I think he as more athletic ability than that guy. I think he has a shot to collect an NFL paycheck, that's more than most of us critics will ever get to do.
I once saw Mitch miss the broad side of the barn... [emoji41]

Kinda/sorta on topic: While listening to Common's Preposterous Statement Tournament seeding, there were multiple Leidner quotes that received very open/loud laughter and mocking. It's really sad. I honestly can't thing of any other college football town (not saying the Twin Cities are college football towns, but by definition they are an area with a major college football team) that would react like this to a homegrown QB that never did anything wrong off the field and had much better than average success from a W/L perspective.

I mean the statements technically DID prove to be preposterous, but I just feel bad for Mitch because it's not like he even made any of these statements and if I were him I would have a hard time not feeling disrespected/betrayed by my hometown. As we proceed into the future with success or failure, any nostalgia or pining for the past 4 years should be just as much about Mitch Leidner as it is about Kill/Claeys.

Actually, he does not run well for an NFL QB who's main calling card is supposed to be athletic ability. His best time was 4.93, from what I can tell. In the NFL, he wouldn't outrun anyone on the field with that speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, he does not run well for an NFL QB who's main calling card is supposed to be athletic ability. His best time was 4.93, from what I can tell. In the NFL, he wouldn't outrun anyone on the field with that speed.

Mitch seemed to get slower over the years at the U. I know he was banged up at times, but he seemed fastest as a Sophomore.

Mitch seemed to get slower over the years at the U. I know he was banged up at times, but he seemed fastest as a Sophomore.

That's what I thought too. He used to be hard to stop, but with the lack of a passing game, the opposing defenses game planned to take away his running.

Kinda/sorta on topic: While listening to Common's Preposterous Statement Tournament seeding, there were multiple Leidner quotes that received very open/loud laughter and mocking. It's really sad. I honestly can't thing of any other college football town (not saying the Twin Cities are college football towns, but by definition they are an area with a major college football team) that would react like this to a homegrown QB that never did anything wrong off the field and had much better than average success from a W/L perspective.

I mean the statements technically DID prove to be preposterous, but I just feel bad for Mitch because it's not like he even made any of these statements and if I were him I would have a hard time not feeling disrespected/betrayed by my hometown. As we proceed into the future with success or failure, any nostalgia or pining for the past 4 years should be just as much about Mitch Leidner as it is about Kill/Claeys.

I do not know how anyone can send listening to the "Common Man". He literally makes me ill. If he is the "common" American man, we might all as well slit our throats. Him mocking anyone with the balls to be a competitive athlete is an absolute joke.

I do not know how anyone can send listening to the "Common Man". He literally makes me ill. If he is the "common" American man, we might all as well slit our throats. Him mocking anyone with the balls to be a competitive athlete is an absolute joke.

Seriously though, tell us how you really feel about Common...

You don't get the bit.

I was a little surprised at the slower 40 time, but ML actually did very well in the vertical and broad jumps, and his 3 Cone drill finishing in the top 5 of all. Granted, not a lot of QBs and some skipping tests. I think ML is a fluid runner, but not top speed guy.
Frankly, the combine measurable tests are less important for QBs. Tom Brady wasn't impressive in any combine tests. It doesn't seem to have hurt his career.

How many Heisman trophy Qb's have turned out to last more than two years? Not many. Mitch might surprise a few people.

I don't listen to the Common Man and am not a big fan of mocking, but you are crazy if you think Mitch gets it bad in the Twin Cities compared to some "college town". Mitch threw horrific INT's that were a major factor in at least two of the Gophers losses and threw just 3 touchdowns to 11 (!) interceptions in conference play. You honestly think a kid at Nebraska, Alabama, Florida State or wherever wouldn't have had it worse if they had the season Mitch had? I just can't believe you've listened to sports talk radio in any other market and then came to this conclusion.

How many Heisman trophy Qb's have turned out to last more than two years? Not many. Mitch might surprise a few people.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was a little surprised at the slower 40 time, but ML actually did very well in the vertical and broad jumps, and his 3 Cone drill finishing in the top 5 of all. Granted, not a lot of QBs and some skipping tests. I think ML is a fluid runner, but not top speed guy.
Frankly, the combine measurable tests are less important for QBs. Tom Brady wasn't impressive in any combine tests. It doesn't seem to have hurt his career.

He has no quickness, does not react well to a rush, and has no ability to deke someone.

i don't know how i would feel if he went on to an nfl career. i think i'd be something like "but why?"

Top Bottom