Bubblicious Weekend

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Friday
#40 Wichita State vs. Bradley, 6 (Missouri Valley quarterfinals)

Saturday
#56 Illinois @ Rutgers, 11 (ESPNU)
#55 Providence @ Saint John's, 11
Texas Tech @ #58 Kansas State, 12 (ESPNN)
George Mason @ #22 VCU, 1
#51 Georgia @ #29 Arkansas, 1 (ESPN2)
#32 Xavier @ DePaul, 1
#45 Michigan State @ Maryland, 1 (BTN)
Florida @ #48 Vanderbilt, 1 (ESPN)
#54 Cal @ Colorado, 1 (Pac12N)
#49 Seton Hall @ Butler, 1:30
Creighton @ #59 Marquette, 1:30
#35 Miami @ Florida State, 3
#93 Georgia Tech @ #80 Syracuse, 3
#68 BYU vs. Loyola Marymount, 3 (WCC quarterfinals)
#39 Wake Forest @ Virginia Tech, 3:30
Davidson @ #44 Rhode Island, 5
Washington @ #38 USC, 5:30 (Pac12N)

Sunday
Penn State @ #73 Iowa, 12 (BTN)
East Carolina @ #52 Houston, 3 (CBSSN)
Purdue @ #46 Northwestern, 3:30 (CBS)
#47 Michigan @ Nebraska, 7 (BTN)

Friday
#40 Wichita State vs. Bradley, 6 (Missouri Valley quarterfinals)

Saturday
#56 Illinois @ Rutgers, 11 (ESPNU)
#55 Providence @ Saint John's, 11
Texas Tech @ #58 Kansas State, 12 (ESPNN)
George Mason @ #22 VCU, 1
#51 Georgia @ #29 Arkansas, 1 (ESPN2)
#32 Xavier @ DePaul, 1
#45 Michigan State @ Maryland, 1 (BTN)
Florida @ #48 Vanderbilt, 1 (ESPN)
#54 Cal @ Colorado, 1 (Pac12N)
#49 Seton Hall @ Butler, 1:30
Creighton @ #59 Marquette, 1:30
#35 Miami @ Florida State, 3
#93 Georgia Tech @ #80 Syracuse, 3
#68 BYU vs. Loyola Marymount, 3 (WCC quarterfinals)
#39 Wake Forest @ Virginia Tech, 3:30
Davidson @ #44 Rhode Island, 5
Washington @ #38 USC, 5:30 (Pac12N)

Sunday
Penn State @ #73 Iowa, 12 (BTN)
East Carolina @ #52 Houston, 3 (CBSSN)
Purdue @ #46 Northwestern, 3:30 (CBS)
#47 Michigan @ Nebraska, 7 (BTN)

Minnesota @ #43 Wisconsin, 5 (BTN) :)

Illinois loses at Rutgers - their tourney hopes are shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footage from the Illinois locker room.

Illinois loses at Rutgers - their tourney hopes are shot.

Yep, probably the death knell for Groce as well.

Malcolm Hill never got to play an NCAA tourney game either. (Barring a Big 10 tourney win)

Yep, probably the death knell for Groce as well.

Malcolm Hill never got to play an NCAA tourney game either. (Barring a Big 10 tourney win)

If Groce goes, could we scavenge some of his recruits? I think Illinois had one of the best incoming classes, and some will be on the market if he goes. If I were them, I would keep him. I think he did a great job keeping that team glued together this year, a lot like Pitino last year for us.

I hope Nick Ward from MSU goes pro asap (don't even know if that is a possibility). Otherwise, it's going to suck playing him for another three years.

Quite a freshman.

If Groce goes, could we scavenge some of his recruits? I think Illinois had one of the best incoming classes, and some will be on the market if he goes. If I were them, I would keep him. I think he did a great job keeping that team glued together this year, a lot like Pitino last year for us.

http://illinois.247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/Commits

3 4-stars and 1 3-star. Three of those guys are guards, so Tilmon, the former 5-star big man is probably the only one we'd be interested in. And obviously we don't have any open scholarships for 2017 either.

I hope Nick Ward from MSU goes pro asap (don't even know if that is a possibility). Otherwise, it's going to suck playing him for another three years.

Quite a freshman.

Yeah, he is dominating right now. He does get away with the chicken wing move quite a bit though.

SS-

Nice win by Vandy over Florida! Does Vandy actually have a chance at the tournament?? I heard them mention they were last four in. Didn't realize theye had that sort of resume. The neutral court win is looking better and better

SS-

Nice win by Vandy over Florida! Does Vandy actually have a chance at the tournament?? I heard them mention they were last four in. Didn't realize theye had that sort of resume. The neutral court win is looking better and better

The Bubble is ridiculously bad right now. Iowa is on the bubble for gods sakes. Selection Sunday is going to be very interesting this year.

SS-

Vandy I think was 47th in the RPI before their Win against Florida today so I imagine they will be in the low 40's now. SOS in the top 10. Ordinarily with their mediocre record they would have no shot, but with this years weak bubble I see them getting in. Lunardi has had them in his Last 4 for awhile now. Good win for the gophers.

If Vandy winning and moving up, and MSU losing and dropping down to #51, that would give the Gophers an 8-3 record vs the Top 50 and a 15-7 record vs the Top 100, but more importantly TWO Top 25 ROAD wins and FOUR Top 50 ROAD wins, and FIVE Top 50 wins away from home.

Very few teams can claim as much. I think only Villanova can claim as many or more Top 50 ROAD wins?

Nevada Wolfpack dancing!! Beat Colorado State 85-72 for the Mountain West title at 14-4

Nevada Wolfpack dancing!! Beat Colorado State 85-72 for the Mountain West title at 14-4

Well, we are all excited about that.
If Pitino ever moves up for a better job, maybe we can snatch whoever the coach is from Nevada.

SS-

Vandy is right there. Through tonight I have them as one of first 4 Out.

Auto bid goes to tourney winner. Nevada resume pretty weak if they have to get in as at-large.

RPI stands at I believe #41. Of course it depends on how the other tournaments go, but I think if they win one game in the tourney they've a good chance to get in. They play the winner of the Utah State , Fresno State game

Top Bottom