CBS: Monte Kiffin joining his son Lane Kiffin's staff at FAU

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

Florida Atlantic is reportedly getting a little more Kiffin-y, if you can believe it.

The Sporting News reports that longtime defensive assistant Monte Kiffin will be joining his son, Lane Kiffin, on FAU’s staff. Exactly what role the elder Kiffin, who is 77, will take has not yet been disclosed -- the report states it is unclear “whether it will be a paid or even official” -- and FAU has not yet confirmed the hire.

The younger Kiffin is entering his first season as the Owls’ coach after spending the last three seasons as Alabama’s offensive coordinator. He was hired by FAU in December, and though he planned on coaching the Crimson Tide through the College Football Playoff, he mutually agreed to part with the program (*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*) following the Peach Bowl.

The father-son duo last coached together when Lane was the coach at USC. Monte, a longtime defensive assistant at the NFL level who helped pioneer the Tampa 2 defense, left the Trojans program following the 2012 season in which the team’s defense struggled mightily down the stretch. He also coached with Lane in their one year at Tennessee.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...in-joining-his-son-lane-kiffins-staff-at-fau/

Go Gophers!!

Monte can give a new Promo talk for the program. He's way more dynamic than Lane!

Monte can give a new Promo talk for the program. He's way more dynamic than Lane!

No one will ever top this promo video....still amazes me that this isn't some kind of hoax or spoof video.

Lane is a coordinator, not a coach (leader).

I couldn't help myself...like driving by a car wreck and gawking...I had to punch the button on that video again, I mean, as long as I was here. DANG! That is bad! How does somebody look at that and say, "Yup! We nailed it! Let's upload it and get people fired up!!" Embarrassing...

Top Bottom