All Things P.J. Fleck Twitter Thread

It's shocking there are people that post things that upset our previously held beliefs, values, and allegiances. I said "you know, this RTB thing with Fleck and RTB and Brick by Brick and Coyle being an ass is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Claeysters upset about the firing" Sad! :cool02:

I tend to be on Spoofin's side on this one. The oar does not mean "Gopher Football" to me. The oar, and Row the Boat, are aspects that Fleck brought with him from his previous job. The oar used to show excitement for Western Michigan FB. Now, it apparently shows excitement for Gopher FB. If he leaves MN for another school at some point in the future, I expect the oars and RTB will go along with him.

So, let's say this - in 5, 6 or 7 years, if Fleck is coaching at Big-Time Helmet School, and he's promoting oars and RTB, what happens to the oars hanging up in Dinkytown? Do they still show excitement for Gopher FB?

hey - I'm all for promoting the program. But, the U of M has been around for a long time. The school and the FB program have long-standing traditions. Maybe I just don't like Fleck. Maybe I'm a grumpy old man who hates change. Either way, if I walk into a business, and see an oar, it just doesn't mean that much to me. If it makes you go all warm and fuzzy, good for you. You're free to believe whatever you want to believe. Just don't expect everyone to believe the same thing.

And please remember this - I want the Football team to win. My ultimate loyalty is to the Football program - not to any specific coach. I wanted the Gophers to win when Mason was coaching. I wanted the Gophers to win when Brewster was coaching. I wanted the Gophers to win when Kill was coaching. I wanted the Gopher to win when Claeys was coaching. And I want the Gophers to win now that Fleck is coaching.

I agree. And I do believe that it is dangerous territory for the university to be so tied to a rallying cry which they do not own or fully control.

Direct tie to the U. Direct. Memorial stadium was called...wait for it...the Brick House. Ask any Gopher football fan or student who attended the U or a game before 1982. That's pretty much only what my Dad called it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Stadium_(University_of_Minnesota)

Complete nonsense Jerry Kill came up with brick by brick as a tie in to Memorial Stadium. He had no clue it was called the Brick House when he showed up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Jerry Kill ever say he came up with brick by brick because of Memorial Stadium or was it fans that came up with the rational?

Complete nonsense Jerry Kill came up with brick by brick as a tie in to Memorial Stadium. He had no clue it was called the Brick House when he showed up here.

So you are claiming it is a pure coincidence. I claim BS, where is your proof?

I agree. And I do believe that it is dangerous territory for the university to be so tied to a rallying cry which they do not own or fully control.

This is a bit melodramatic. We are only talking about words here...the fans will adjust if need be in the future. It's not like the chanting of "Jerry" or the slogan "Jerry-Sota" were 'dangerous' territory for the university. As long as Fleck is here, we Row The Boat and the second he is gone we will adjust accordingly. The arguments over this are just nonsense, and are nothing more than a platform for people to further their pro or con Fleck agenda.

So you are claiming it is a pure coincidence. I claim BS, where is your proof?

Where is your proof that it was the inspiration for the motto? If it was as big a reason for it, you'd think there'd be some documentation of it from the program or the staff when it was unveiled or through his years here. But nope, there's nothing like that linking Brick by Brick to Memorial Stadium.

Where is your proof that it was the inspiration for the motto? If it was as big a reason for it, you'd think there'd be some documentation of it from the program or the staff when it was unveiled or through his years here. But nope, there's nothing like that linking Brick by Brick to Memorial Stadium.

We just completed a new TCF stadium with brick and arched exterior to mimic the old brickhouse. Kill is hired and is looking for a slogan to emphasize his methodical improvement philosophy. What better than what the use a symbol of the new stadium construction and the past... bricks! They may not mention it specially, but there is no doubt that it helped him come up with the brick by brick.

This is a bit melodramatic. We are only talking about words here...the fans will adjust if need be in the future. It's not like the chanting of "Jerry" or the slogan "Jerry-Sota" were 'dangerous' territory for the university. As long as Fleck is here, we Row The Boat and the second he is gone we will adjust accordingly. The arguments over this are just nonsense, and are nothing more than a platform for people to further their pro or con Fleck agenda.

The $300 billion spent every year on marketing in the US would suggest you are wrong. This is branding. And branding of a "culture" that symbolizes the single biggest money maker for the U of M athletic department. If this were something that flew under the radar to some extent, as many of the past slogans did, I could give it more of a pass. But it is literally on EVERYTHING that represents the program. And it can be packed up and transported to another university. If you don't think that's dangerous. That's cool. I beg to differ. That said, I fully support PJF and do like the slogan. I have no issue in that respect.

I believe SON suggested we suspend all postings until fall camp. It's not going to happen but after reading this drivel it is worth serious consideration.

Silly me. I came to a PJ Twitter thread expecting PJ Fleck twitter posts...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Gotta give PJF credit...guy is everywhere! Must have a clone or something &#55357;&#56832;

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Highest ever? Awesome.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!