All Things P.J. Fleck Twitter Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pretty incredible, he was just in Philly yesterday and I think will be there tonight as well to see Corey Davis get drafted. He gets around a lot.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Older one but worth posting

Go Gophers!!

Boom! The Neighborhood Grille is rowing the boat!! Take that Chilis!

Go Gophers!!

Oars at Subway and BWW.
This is Gopher Football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oars at Subway and BWW.
This is Gopher Football.

You are the wrong Demographic to understand it. Too old. So am I, but at least I understand that he is trying to get the students involved.

You are the wrong Demographic to understand it. Too old. So am I, but at least I understand that he is trying to get the students involved.

I have zero issue with it. I find what some will read into it and its effect annoying. Hang oars l over town for all I care.

I have zero issue with it. I find what some will read into it and its effect annoying. Hang oars l over town for all I care.

I hear Noodles and Company is next.

If they are hanging up something in their business that represents the University of Minnesota football team, absolutely.

Marketing the program in a positive light, any way possible is well appreciated.

If the average Minnesota goes in, and sees the Oar, their mind will possibly think about Gopher football.
Then, later in the week if there is a new story about the Gopher football team doing something positive, it's another datapoint in that persons mind yielding more positivity. Then if they go to BW3's or another location and see it again, all of a sudden the brain starts to see these all over the place and a very positive message starts to percolate creating a positive vibe about the program, changing the culture.

It's like when you go car shopping for a VW Jetta. You never notice them on the road, until you go to buy one. Then all of a sudden, your brain sees all kinds of Jettas on the road.
The Gophers are trying to do that with a positive message. It's all marketing.

Stoic Minnesotans are horrible marketers because they don't want to burden anyone with any of their own business. That's why many of these people aren't big fans of Fleck. He's too vocal. Too sharing. He's too over the top for these Germans and Swedes.

If they are hanging up something in their business that represents the University of Minnesota football team, absolutely.

Have you ever been to a restaurant on or near the U? Many many of them have actual things that represent the U, U sports, and even the football team specifically hanging on their walls. Not oars - actual things that represent the team. Some have had these items on their walls for years. One had so much they had an auction for the stuff when they closed their doors.

Now, if an oar on the wall shows a business is "excited for the future of Gopher Football" (which is pure crazy talk), then these other places would be causing mass hysteria and riots due to the overwhelming excitement for the future.

Your love for anything PJF is both impressive and scary. Boy are you reading too much into this one tho. Looney Bird Level Stuff.

Have you ever been to a restaurant on or near the U? Many many of them have actual things that represent the U, U sports, and even the football team specifically hanging on their walls. Not oars - actual things that represent the team. Some have had these items on their walls for years. One had so much they had an auction for the stuff when they closed their doors.

Now, if an oar on the wall shows a business is "excited for the future of Gopher Football" (which is pure crazy talk), then these other places would be causing mass hysteria and riots due to the overwhelming excitement for the future.

Your love for anything PJF is both impressive and scary. Boy are you reading too much into this one tho. Looney Bird Level Stuff.

Are you nuts? You do realize these business owners are likely boosters in some form, as they make a LOT of money on game days. Of course they are excited about the new coach and the possibility of further success. They are Gopher fans, and it also helps their bottom line. Would you have been this offended if Kill had walked around Dinkytown and handed out bricks to business owners to put up? My gosh, how can you possibly criticize the new coach getting out in the community and meeting as many people as he can.

Are you nuts? You do realize these business owners are likely boosters in some form, as they make a LOT of money on game days. Of course they are excited about the new coach and the possibility of further success. They are Gopher fans, and it also helps their bottom line. Would you have been this offended if Kill had walked around Dinkytown and handed out bricks to business owners to put up? My gosh, how can you possibly criticize the new coach getting out in the community and meeting as many people as he can.

Again - not offended or criticizing him. I have zero issue with him doing this (for the second time). I find it comical that some think hanging an oar in a Subway will accomplish anything or shows any "excitement for the future".

Again - not offended or criticizing him. I have zero issue with him doing this (for the second time). I find it comical that some think hanging an oar in a Subway will accomplish anything or shows any "excitement for the future".

Would you rather have Claeys doing nothing to promote the program?

Top Bottom