All Things P.J. Fleck Twitter Thread

One Example: Row-The-Boat.

BOX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explain how that is self promotion.

If Minnesota fans require that any coach that ever deign to coach in the state of Minnesota must leave behind everything that he has ever dedicated his life to, then there are no coaches that aren't self promoters.

By this metric, every coach who ever coached here was a self promoter.

Circle.

Explain how that is self promotion.

If Minnesota fans require that any coach that ever deign to coach in the state of Minnesota must leave behind everything that he has ever dedicated his life to, then there are no coaches that aren't self promoters.

By this metric, every coach who ever coached here was a self promoter.

Circle.

So he has dedicated his life to it but it isn't self promotion? He owns the trademark on it and it isn't self promotion?
I thought you were interested in actual conversation about this based in reality. I was wrong.

So he has dedicated his life to it but it isn't self promotion? He owns the trademark on it and it isn't self promotion?
I thought you were interested in actual conversation about this based in reality. I was wrong.

Good self analysis

OK, I will present this logically, in the form of a syllogism:

All D1 FB coaches are self-promoters.
PJ Fleck is a D1 FB Coach
Therefore, PJ Fleck is a self-promoter.

And - being a self-promoter is NOT necessarily a bad thing. For a D1 FB coach, it's virtually a requirement of the job - hyping the program, selling tickets, schmoozing boosters, etc.

Fleck just does it louder, longer and more relentlessly than some.

I've said this many times - if Fleck turned the volume down about 10-15%, I would have NO problem with him. None. It's not what he does, it's how he does it. Style - not substance - is the basis of my issues with PJF.

If Fleck wants to honor the memory of a dead child, that is commendable. Start a charity, start a foundation, raise money for childhood illness, etc. Fleck chose to make it a marketing campaign. It's a choice that says something about who PF Fleck is. What it says, I leave to you to interpret. That Rorschach test again.

And - being a self-promoter is NOT necessarily a bad thing. For a D1 FB coach, it's virtually a requirement of the job - hyping the program, selling tickets, schmoozing boosters, etc.

I've said this many times - if Fleck turned the volume down about 10-15%, I would have NO problem with him. None. It's not what he does, it's how he does it. Style - not substance - is the basis of my issues with PJF.

If Fleck wants to honor the memory of a dead child, that is commendable. Start a charity, start a foundation, raise money for childhood illness, etc. Fleck chose to make it a marketing campaign. It's a choice that says something about who PF Fleck is. What it says, I leave to you to interpret. That Rorschach test again.

Well said!

He's donated all the money he's made from Row The Boat to a children's hospital by the way.

In a nutshell, you think PJ is too loud. Fine, now can we cease with with all of these underhanded incriminations and assumptions about his character? You obviously haven't done your homework before you make your assumptions, so relax and enjoy the ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...And - being a self-promoter is NOT necessarily a bad thing. For a D1 FB coach, it's virtually a requirement of the job - hyping the program, selling tickets, schmoozing boosters, etc...

You call it self-promotion, I call it being the face of the program. Since I'm just a fan, I'll accept him for what he is and what he is doing and try not to wish he was perfect.

Let's be realistic. RTB is about PJF and not Gopher Football. Like it or hate it - fine. The challenge was to find one thing PJF has said that is self promotion. RTB is that. Again, like it or don't, but not self promotion? Come on.

Let's be realistic. RTB is about PJF and not Gopher Football. Like it or hate it - fine. The challenge was to find one thing PJF has said that is self promotion. RTB is that. Again, like it or don't, but not self promotion? Come on.

So, you are the expert on the character of a person you have never met, never seen coach a game and really do not know.
It gets real annoying arguing with the same naysayers over and over again! It is the same few pseudo-fans that kept saying Pitino couldn't coach, didn't deserve a B1G job, was in over his head, etc, etc, etc... and of course then they switched to he will never stay here, just using us as a stepping stone, etc, etc, etc...
True fans try to be positive and support their teams instead of constantly bashing them. I am not saying fans can't criticize their teams, but hey, PJ hasn't even gotten to really coach the team yet and some are dragging him through the mud!

So, you are the expert on the character of a person you have never met, never seen coach a game and really do not know.
It gets real annoying arguing with the same naysayers over and over again! It is the same few pseudo-fans that kept saying Pitino couldn't coach, didn't deserve a B1G job, was in over his head, etc, etc, etc... and of course then they switched to he will never stay here, just using us as a stepping stone, etc, etc, etc...
True fans try to be positive and support their teams instead of constantly bashing them. I am not saying fans can't criticize their teams, but hey, PJ hasn't even gotten to really coach the team yet and some are dragging him through the mud!

Huh?
Not bashing PJ or dragging him thru the mud or judging his character. Someone asked what he does that is self promotion and I responded with RTB. Didn't even bash him for being self promoting, simply answered a question. Silly to argue RTB is more about the U than about PJF (although I have no doubt a few looney birds will).

Never once have I posted on the basketball forum, but hey - don't let facts stop you. I am one of the 4-5 for sure, so there is that.

As for your definition of pseudo-fan or what a true fan is or does... too transparent and thin to even comment on.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Love that video. He hits the nail on the head! Wannabe parents are sad. Parents that yell at kids, coaches or referees are stupid. Encourage your kids, but make it fun. Sports are awesome, but life is so much more than just sports.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom