Go Gophers!!

f216ec48eb4f0b235980cc8b7351521b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not necessarily twitter but:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fumnmarch%2Fphotos%2Fa.434730954818.218115.31467674818%2F10155643289374819%2F%3Ftype%3D3&width=500" width="500" height="507" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>.

Got a few:

This type of post is exactly why I gave twitter up.

078bb21cf614f8540335739428a32b08.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We get it, the videos don't work for you. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do, as this is a twitter thing and not a University thing. Unless the videos are on youtube you'll have to find another way to watch them.

We get it, the videos don't work for you. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do, as this is a twitter thing and not a University thing. Unless the videos are on youtube you'll have to find another way to watch them.

The videos are all on YouTube. The funny thing is that he takes the time to do a screen capture and post it here, but can't take the time to go to YouTube and watch the videos.

The videos are all on YouTube. The funny thing is that he takes the time to do a screen capture and post it here, but can't take the time to go to YouTube and watch the videos.

No, the funny thing is that if videos are posted correctly on twitter they work on an iPhone or iPad. I am just clicking on the twitter links that are posted. All of the official videos do get posted later at some time on YouTube, but it is a pain to search for them independently from the conversation.
PJ's staff needs to fix this issue. How can you try to promote something if a portion of your audience can't even see it? Even Adobe has stated that they will stop supporting flash next year. At a minimum, at least post the YouTube links in your twitter comments!

Wow, that is not Elite customer service or fan support. You can do much better than that! You are not the first organization that has had to overcome this issue.

No, the funny thing is that if videos are posted correctly on twitter they work on an iPhone or iPad. I am just clicking on the twitter links that are posted. All of the official videos do get posted later at some time on YouTube, but it is a pain to search for them independently from the conversation.
PJ's staff needs to fix this issue. How can you try to promote something if a portion of your audience can't even see it? Even Adobe has stated that they will stop supporting flash next year. At a minimum, at least post the YouTube links in your twitter comments!

Subscribe to the Gophers YouTube channel

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Wow, that is not Elite customer service or fan support. You can do much better than that! You are not the first organization that has had to overcome this issue. Just because your current method of posting is easy for you to do, doesn't make it correct!

First of all, I was using we in reference to gopherhole, not to whoever posts these videos. I do not work for the university in any capacity.

Second, this isn't a flash issue. On my desktop I don't have flash installed and I can still watch the videos. This is twitter trying to force you to use their mobile app when on a tablet or phone.

Third, twitter, AFAIK, doesn't give you any options when uploading a video past "Upload", so it's not like whoever is uploading these can check an option to not have it be on snappytv.com or something.

Fourth, the people who are having this issue are likely in a very small group, otherwise twitter would have changed how videos worked a long time ago.

Unfortunately you're issue is fighting is against twitter, and twitter likely doesn't care enough about people having this issue. The university posts these videos to youtube so there is another method of viewing them, and I bet their facebook pages share them, so you can always follow their facebook pages or subscribe to the youtube page.

Or just view the videos on a desktop browser, and your issue is solved. Or get a twitter, set it to private, and use the twitter app, as the videos work fine there too.

First of all, I was using we in reference to gopherhole, not to whoever posts these videos. I do not work for the university in any capacity.

Second, this isn't a flash issue. On my desktop I don't have flash installed and I can still watch the videos. This is twitter trying to force you to use their mobile app when on a tablet or phone.

Third, twitter, AFAIK, doesn't give you any options when uploading a video past "Upload", so it's not like whoever is uploading these can check an option to not have it be on snappytv.com or something.

Fourth, the people who are having this issue are likely in a very small group, otherwise twitter would have changed how videos worked a long time ago.

Unfortunately you're issue is fighting is against twitter, and twitter likely doesn't care enough about people having this issue. The university posts these videos to youtube so there is another method of viewing them, and I bet their facebook pages share them, so you can always follow their facebook pages or subscribe to the youtube page.

Or just view the videos on a desktop browser, and your issue is solved. Or get a twitter, set it to private, and use the twitter app, as the videos work fine there too.

Thanks for the info. I thought I could watch some videos on twitter. Sorry for the trouble, I was just getting frustrated.

Thanks for the info. I thought I could watch some videos on twitter. Sorry for the trouble, I was just getting frustrated.

No worries, I got a little out of hand initially. it is a dumb thing for twitter to do. A lot of users probably don't know that people viewing on a mobile browser can't watch the videos.

No hard feelings?

Top Bottom