All Things P.J. Fleck Twitter Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Culture changed!

Hopefully all players are academically eligible for next season.

BTW, what ever happened to that kid from I think Robbinsdale... O line... Eric Abojei? Might be getting the name wrong. He was waiting to te take some tests or something? Did he go juco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Really cool video he tweeted, love the song:

Really cool video he tweeted, love the song:

Geez, isn't it so annoying how he's always on Twitter pumping up how great Minnesota is?! He's got one foot out the door as soon as he has a good season, and will be here 3 years tops!

Geez, isn't it so annoying how he's always on Twitter pumping up how great Minnesota is?! He's got one foot out the door as soon as he has a good season, and will be here 3 years tops!

worship.jpg

I don't think he has one foot out the door or that he will be here only 3 years. However, if you think posting good things about MN on Twitter makes those two statements any more likely than you are naive as a 4-year old girl.

If you think he is going to uproot those kids, not to mention his wife, and leave MN after he has worked his butt off to gain the trust of Gopher fans around the state and spread the gospel of Gopher Football then you are not using any sort of logic in your thinking. Emotion probably, but not logic. You really think he wants to do this every 3 years? Crazy talk. He stays here for at least 7 years maybe more and goes Alvarez to become the AD at some point. He is already setting himself up for that IMO.

Fleck loves the Wolves trade as well:

Go Gophers!!

Fleck loves the Wolves trade as well:

Go Gophers!!

Does Jimmy have football eligibility left that he can become a receiver for the Gophers this fall? He looked good running routes at the Olympics after practice.

Good to see PJF is a sports fan of all MN teams, but the Row the boat part of tweet is odd and cheesy.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I don't think he has one foot out the door or that he will be here only 3 years. However, if you think posting good things about MN on Twitter makes those two statements any more likely than you are naive as a 4-year old girl.

4 year old girl Spoofin? Those are big words! You really showed him! Good job!

My feelings on Fleck are a matter of record. If he had taken a different job, he would be tweeting about how great that state or that city is. The guy is a relentless self-promoter - which is not necessarily a bad thing. But, I would caution fans against assuming that "Fleck loves MN, so he's here to stay." Fleck loves Fleck. If he thinks the best move for PJ Fleck is to stay in MN, he'll stay in MN. If he thinks the best move for PJ Fleck is to take another job in 4 or 5 years at Helmet School X, he will be on his way - and then he'll be tweeting about what a great place Helmet School X is, and how "elite" it is.

Part of this is generational. I just don't get the impulse/need for younger people to document everything they do on Twitter or Snapchat. "Hey look, I'm having tacos for lunch." "Hey, look - I'm at a ball game." "Hey, look, I'm in the produce section at Cub Foods." I don't give a rat's butt.

My feelings on Fleck are a matter of record. If he had taken a different job, he would be tweeting about how great that state or that city is. The guy is a relentless self-promoter - which is not necessarily a bad thing. But, I would caution fans against assuming that "Fleck loves MN, so he's here to stay." Fleck loves Fleck. If he thinks the best move for PJ Fleck is to stay in MN, he'll stay in MN. If he thinks the best move for PJ Fleck is to take another job in 4 or 5 years at Helmet School X, he will be on his way - and then he'll be tweeting about what a great place Helmet School X is, and how "elite" it is.

Part of this is generational. I just don't get the impulse/need for younger people to document everything they do on Twitter or Snapchat. "Hey look, I'm having tacos for lunch." "Hey, look - I'm at a ball game." "Hey, look, I'm in the produce section at Cub Foods." I don't give a rat's butt.

And sometimes a salesman likes it where he is and decides to stay there the rest of his career. Some people jump into their jobs with both feet and give their all, that doesn't mean they are insincere or feeding people BS! I think PJ firmly believes that the U is a great job and he is going to sell the **** out of it to accomplish what he wants. You have the right to be cynical, so noted on numerous occasions, just give it a rest once in a while and enjoy the ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My feelings on Fleck are a matter of record. If he had taken a different job, he would be tweeting about how great that state or that city is. The guy is a relentless self-promoter - which is not necessarily a bad thing.

something doesn't follow.

something doesn't follow.

Fleck takes job in MN - Fleck tweets about how great MN is.

IF Fleck takes job in WI, he would be tweeting about how great WI is. It's all part of his strategy to promote himself - and his current program. They go hand-in-hand.

Do you honestly think that, if Fleck had taken a job on the West Coast, he would be tweeting about MN? No, he wouldn't. Fleck - like every other coach - is loyal to his current job. But show him enough money or the right opportunity, and that loyalty can be transferred in a heartbeat. That is just how it is. Like Steven Stills said, "love the one you're with."

My point is - people are using Fleck's tweets as evidence that "he loves it here in MN," meaning he's going to stay here. I maintain that Fleck would love it anywhere, if he's given the right contract and the right opportunity. Most coaches do something similar. Fleck - like everything else he does - just turns it up a notch. And he has all the newer social media avenues to exploit that coaches didn't have in the past.

Doesn't make him a bad person - just makes him a football coach.

IF Fleck takes job in WI, he would be tweeting about how great WI is. It's all part of his strategy to promote himself - and his current program. They go hand-in-hand.

Do you honestly think that, if Fleck had taken a job on the West Coast, he would be tweeting about MN? No, he wouldn't. Fleck - like every other coach - is loyal to his current job. But show him enough money or the right opportunity, and that loyalty can be transferred in a heartbeat. That is just how it is. Like Steven Stills said, "love the one you're with."

My point is - people are using Fleck's tweets as evidence that "he loves it here in MN," meaning he's going to stay here. I maintain that Fleck would love it anywhere, if he's given the right contract and the right opportunity. Most coaches do something similar. Fleck - like everything else he does - just turns it up a notch. And he has all the newer social media avenues to exploit that coaches didn't have in the past.

You are right again SON. No doubt about it.

he didn't take a job in wisconsin. he didn't take a job on the west coast. he took a job in minnesota and he has been turning himself into a minnesotan ever since. this is why i have always equated minnesotans with southerners. there is a sense in minnesota that anyone who is not a minnesotan will never be a minnesotan no matter what.

i grew up in california. moved to minnesota to go to school at the u. then moved to chicago for grad school. ended up in colorado. whenever anyone ever asks me where i'm from, my answer is always minnesota. is it so hard to believe that a person can move to one of the most underrated states in the union and find it attractive enough to raise a family and make it a home? is it so hard to believe that the pride that people who live in new england, the south, texas, wisconsin, could exist in minnesota?

don't give me what ifs. give me one example of pj being a self promoter during his time in minnesota.

That is one of the most stupid posts I have ever read!

Of course, if he took a job at a new school he would be excited about where he landed and would not be tweeting about some random school that he has no connection to at all.

Fleck could have gone to other schools, but he chose to come to the U at this time in his career. He may not have been dreaming about coaching at the U, but he is smart enough to see the possibilities.

Just like Pitino, he is one of just a few HC's in one of the best conferences in the country. It is the only major D1 program in the region and has a huge potential fan base. It is a school that is increasing it's commitment to athletics and has new facilities. The U is ready for those coaches to build a nationally respected program.

Your disdain for PJ has you treating him like a hustler. Just lighten up and enjoy the ride!

he didn't take a job in wisconsin. he didn't take a job on the west coast. he took a job in minnesota for a pay cut!!

don't give me what ifs. give me one example of pj being a self promoter during his time in minnesota.

Dang it! I messed that up....

That is one of the most stupid posts I have ever read!

Of course, if he took a job at a new school he would be excited about where he landed and would not be tweeting about some random school that he has no connection to at all.

Fleck could have gone to other schools, but he chose to come to the U at this time in his career. He may not have been dreaming about coaching at the U, but he is smart enough to see the possibilities.

Just like Pitino, he is one of just a few HC's in one of the best conferences in the country. It is the only major D1 program in the region and has a huge potential fan base. It is a school that is increasing it's commitment to athletics and has new facilities. The U is ready for those coaches to build a nationally respected program.

Your disdain for PJ has you treating him like a hustler. Just lighten up and enjoy the ride!

I'm totally with you, Alchemy!!!

Team motto about his dead son is now self promotion!!

Top Bottom