The Meltdown...

I'm glad I didn't thread this. I would get: " Ruppert , you're obsessed with the Badgers" Somebody else does it? Nevermind!

I'm obsessed with whomever we play next. Always.

I remember similar glee listening to Packer vent-line around November 1st. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The real hero here is that woman that Bo couldn't resist porking. Had he any self control, wisconsin would likely have been conference champs again.

How sweet would it be if we beat the Badger, and then the badger lost it's first round game in the BTT and became the first team in Conference history to not make the NCAA tournament with 11 wins. :)

Their RPI is down to 43 now, if two losses drops them below 50 it would have to be at least possible to not make it. I don't know how the selection committee could ignore that kind of losing steak.

His girlfriend was also his massage therapist. Many a happy ending...:rolleyes:

IMG_0218.jpg

Ha...total guess...just with the momentum going in opposite directions, I think it will open lower.

Got it just curious. I was basing my guess off of the ridiculous spread from their game last night against Iowa. I think at tip-off it was UW -12!

How sweet would it be if we beat the Badger, and then the badger lost it's first round game in the BTT and became the first team in Conference history to not make the NCAA tournament with 11 wins. :)

Ohio State finished 11-7 last season and didn't get in.

I have a hard time believing the Gophers will win on senior day in Madison. And, yes, the Badger seniors will definitely feel pressure to not go out with a home loss to their hated rival. The Gophers need to shoot well from three to have a shot at winning this one.

Their RPI is down to 43 now, if two losses drops them below 50 it would have to be at least possible to not make it. I don't know how the selection committee could ignore that kind of losing steak.

Ohio State missed the tournament last year with an 11-7 conference record, not sure if it's happened before that. I think Wisconsin is still a tournament lock. I don't think the committee looks at whether a team is hot or cold going into the postseason.

Got it just curious. I was basing my guess off of the ridiculous spread from their game last night against Iowa. I think at tip-off it was UW -12!

I think you will be surprised how large the Badger/Gopher spread will be when it opens. Last night, Sagarin's numbers predicted a spread of 11.5 (Iowa at Wis.) and at game time the online spreads were 12 or 12.5.

Again, using Sagarin numbers (not heavily weighted for recent performance), Wisconsin (18 in the country in Sagarin rankings) would be favored by 4 over Minnesota (31 in country by Sagarin) on a neutral court, plus 3 points for home court advantage, so I believe the line will open very close to Wisconsin -7.

About 10 years ago, when I used to bet regularly on college hoops, I used to employ Sagarin ratings in my "system", and bet more heavily on games where the spread was 1.5 or more points out of line with the predicted Sagarin spread, unless the difference was due to injury or suspension of a key player. Usually you only see such disparity due to regional preferences (for instance heavy betting on New York teams often distorts spreads), or so-called "name" teams (inordinately high wagering on Duke, Kentucky, etc.). Neither of these is likely to distort the Badger/Gopher spread. It will be very interesting if the current Minnesota hot streak is enough to influence heavy bettors enough to change the spread enough to change what usual metrics would dictate. (disclosure - I have no idea why Gophers' metrics rank so highly in RPI, but so poorly in Sagarin, however I have followed Sagarin numbers enough to say that the final Vegas spread is within + or - 1.0 points of the predicted Sagarin spread more than 80% of the time.)

Potty mouths over in Sad Town

Read the posts over there. Sad to say though that when things are tough here whether it be football or basketball, many of our posts are the same. Wisconsin is due for a break out game, hopefully we'll be ready and if possible at all, rest Springs as much as we can.

I think you will be surprised how large the Badger/Gopher spread will be when it opens. Last night, Sagarin's numbers predicted a spread of 11.5 (Iowa at Wis.) and at game time the online spreads were 12 or 12.5.

Again, using Sagarin numbers (not heavily weighted for recent performance), Wisconsin (18 in the country in Sagarin rankings) would be favored by 4 over Minnesota (31 in country by Sagarin) on a neutral court, plus 3 points for home court advantage, so I believe the line will open very close to Wisconsin -7.

About 10 years ago, when I used to bet regularly on college hoops, I used to employ Sagarin ratings in my "system", and bet more heavily on games where the spread was 1.5 or more points out of line with the predicted Sagarin spread, unless the difference was due to injury or suspension of a key player. Usually you only see such disparity due to regional preferences (for instance heavy betting on New York teams often distorts spreads), or so-called "name" teams (inordinately high wagering on Duke, Kentucky, etc.). Neither of these is likely to distort the Badger/Gopher spread. It will be very interesting if the current Minnesota hot streak is enough to influence heavy bettors enough to change the spread enough to change what usual metrics would dictate. (disclosure - I have no idea why Gophers' metrics rank so highly in RPI, but so poorly in Sagarin, however I have followed Sagarin numbers enough to say that the final Vegas spread is within + or - 1.0 points of the predicted Sagarin spread more than 80% of the time.)

I wouldn't be surprised at all with that line. I said 5-6 in my post. But 7 points wouldn't shock me at all.

It sucks the game has to be played in that generic dump.

I wouldn't be surprised at all with that line. I said 5-6 in my post. But 7 points wouldn't shock me at all.
If that's the case you'll probably get 1.5-2 points of value from the public betting the line down. All they know is that the gophs are hot and wisky is struggling. As a fan I'm obviously picking gophs, but as a bettor I'd take Wisky to cover.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Looks like the line opened at Wisconsin -6.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the line opened at Wisconsin -6.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that, too. Within in hour, it dropped to as low as -5, and is now back to Wisconsin -6.5. Will be interesting to follow.

I saw that, too. Within in hour, it dropped to as low as -5, and is now back to Wisconsin -6.5. Will be interesting to follow.
Vegas has not caught up to how bad the Badgers are. Gophers getting points in this game is a bet the mortgage special.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom