The Meltdown...

I'm not ashamed to say I rushed there after that game to check up on them.

Lots of potty mouths...but then gain you'd expect that of grade schoolers

Since I am quarantining myself from that virus, I am curious if the faithful in Cheeseland are calling for the head coach's resignation yet. Fill me in.

Nothing more sweet than seeing UW fans' self-loathing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Gophers had been rated top ten in the preseason and were on a 5 game losing streak there would be quite the uproar also. They lack depth though, next season is going to be tough for them.

USA Today sports headline right now: "Bracketology: Wisconsin's Implosion"

Story - "USA TODAY Sports Bracketology: Wisconsin is the most vulnerable team this March"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/03/03/ncaa-tournament-bracketology-college-basketball-march-madness-wisconsin-badgers/98677352/

The Wisconsin Badgers are imploding.

Big time.
Losers of five consecutive games to unranked opponents, the Big Ten's best team — once upon a time — is no more. In the same way Minnesota, on an eight game winning-streak, is trending upward, Wisconsin's trajectory this March is as down as it gets. Ironically, the Badgers close out the regular season with a matchup against perhaps the hottest team in the country in the Gophers.

Free throws are to Ethan Happ what ground balls are to Bill Buckner.

Huge pressure on the Gophers on Sunday. Losing to this Badgers team would be a massive embarrassment.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Huge pressure on the Gophers on Sunday. Losing to this Badgers team would be a massive embarrassment.

There is huge pressure on one team this weekend. Spoiler - it's not the one on an 8 game winning streak

Gophers thrive on pressure. And eat Badgers for lunch!

There is huge pressure on one team this weekend. Spoiler - it's not the one on an 8 game winning streak
There is no pressure at all on the Badgers. Not a person alive thinks they will win that game on Sunday.

There is no pressure at all on the Badgers. Not a person alive thinks they will win that game on Sunday.

Umm, I do. Not to be a negative nelly, but with Springs banged up, and the Badgers getting their requisite home court calls against Lynch, my money is on them to win. Further, talking to some Badger friends, whether or not they expect a win, a loss would really really be tough on the fans, and thus the players. There will be pressure on the Badgers for sure.

This is too funny. The NCAA tournament starts in 2 weeks and there's no pressure at all on a team that has won once in 6 games. Whatever helps you sleep at night

Badgers will be 5-6 point Vegas favorites in this game at home.

I'll say....

Badgers will be 5-6 point Vegas favorites in this game at home.

3 1/2,,,and that probably makes them a good bet.

Badgers have reached the bottom of their slump...Gophers rolling....I hate to say it but games that look obvious for the underdog usually go the other way.

I get where you're trying to go with this, but Wisconsin isn't some team with nothing to lose, they came in with high expectations, they were 10-1 in conference in complete control of the league. Ever since the committee snubbed them in that mock first 16 bracket (They were snubbed at the time) the noose has gotten tighter. They need a win to get some momentum for the post season. Four senior starters plus Happ, I think he will come back, but one never knows these days. They are built to win big and win now. The last thing they want is to have to play on thursday in the BTT. On senior day I would expect them to bring a big effort.

3 1/2,,,and that probably makes them a good bet.

Badgers have reached the bottom of their slump...Gophers rolling....I hate to say it but games that look obvious for the underdog usually go the other way.

Is that a guess, or have they posted a line already?

How about this...

If Wisconsin loses against Gopher and then loses their only BTT game...do they miss the dance?

That would be losing 7 of their final 8 games...

Over-Rated! Over-Rated!

I think the four seniors are about as over rated as they can be. To say there is no pressure on them on senior night is laughable. Here are some reasons why the Badgers could make a diamond in their colon tonight:

1. Rivalry game! There is always extra pressure in this contest!
2. Under-achieving(at least compared to expectations) seniors in the final game at the Kohl center.
3. They have lost 5 of 6! The gotta stop the slide factor for the Badgers is at about 9.8 out of 10 right now!
4. The Spotted Ground Squirels are on FIRE! Dial the rivalry intensity up at least another turn on the dial.
5. Ethan Happ at the free throw line thinks the rim is a hole in needle. He could probably produce a diamond on every attempt!

The Gophers are going to be lose as can be. This game does nothing to harm them if it goes bad. They aren't supposed to be this high in the standings, their season is already a success! Bunch of underclassmen who are riding an 8 game winning streak with tremendous confidence! Nothing would be better to the Gophers to screw up Beck's senior night and grab the 2nd seed in the BTT for themselves!

How about this...

If Wisconsin loses against Gopher and then loses their only BTT game...do they miss the dance?

That would be losing 7 of their final 8 games...

Not a chance. They are in. Still can get an 11 or 12 seed though! Or being in the first 4 game!

My favorite thread on the Buckboard is the one where the guy claims he's encouraged by losing to Iowa.

Gold.

Wisky tends to have our number in both football and basketball (to a lesser degree) and I think that's because they come to the game with confidence - and rightfully so - but they always play more loose because of it. The Gophers tend to play the games more uptight and over-pumped because they want to be on the team that beats them and they always fail to play like they should.

If this particular basketball team goes in to Madison on Sunday with the same mentality as they've had for these last 8 games and play like it's just another game, they'll exit Kohl with a 'W'. If they go into Madison with the mentality that they MUST win this game and they MUST beat Wisconsin and they make it more hype than normal then they'll walk out with a 'L'.

It may be against the Badgers but it's just another game.

Top Bottom