Dupree McBrayer

bga1

Reaction score
McBrayer has some high end upside if the kid continues to work hard on his game and his shot. Last night I saw something that I don't know if others here noticed or not. He hit two high arching three pointers that were all net. Normally, his shot is a little flat and can tend to rattle out on him. If he becomes a more reliable three point threat (already not bad) and puts on some muscle to go with his fearless drive to the hole mentality- he has All Big Ten potential by the time he is a senior.

He is amazing to watch when he gets his confidence. Last night he had three or four highlight reel plays- the dunk, and a few drive and dish plays. One of the elements that make this team so interesting is that you have the best players and leaders, Murphy, Lynch and Mason and the really high potential younger guys Coffey, Curry and McBrayer. Actually, Coffey fits in both categories.

Murphy is one of those high-potential younger players...

And I think Lynch is going to be much greater force next year.

What really struck me last night watching the game was the number of times we had great extra passes for dunks and also fearless dribble-drives with either sweet dish-offs, or nice lay-ups or dunks. In the past watching other quality teams, I found myself wishing our Gophers could play like that. Now we are!

Dupree, Mason, and to some degree Coffee are all capable of breaking down the defense with dribble drives. They are all good passers. When our offense starts getting a bit stagnant, or the opponent is just thwarting our plays with good defense, that ability is so important. Next year we add another guy with that skill (Washington). When our three-point shooting goes cold, we can focus on scoring other ways. This team is so much fun to watch. Let's beat Sconnie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What really struck me last night watching the game was the number of times we had great extra passes for dunks and also fearless dribble-drives with either sweet dish-offs, or nice lay-ups or dunks. In the past watching other quality teams, I found myself wishing our Gophers could play like that. Now we are!

Dupree, Mason, and to some degree Coffee are all capable of breaking down the defense with dribble drives. They are all good passers. When our offense starts getting a bit stagnant, or the opponent is just thwarting our plays with good defense, that ability is so important. Next year we add another guy with that skill (Washington). When our three-point shooting goes cold, we can focus on scoring other ways. This team is so much fun to watch. Let's beat Sconnie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The passing was so slick, sometimes I wish basketball would have 2 assists on some plays like hockey.

I heard Grimm call that first pass a hockey helper.

Top Bottom