***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA SENIOR NIGHT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
PRINCE AKEEM!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG GAME as we strive for 8!!! Molinarin the house. The Tweeting Head Coach who used to the be the darling of Minnesota fans and media in the house. But guess what, Pitino also in the house as is his improving team!!! It should be an electric atmosphere. The 6pm start means a late arriving crowd but let's hope its loud.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nebraska is dangerous.

Any team in the Big Ten has the potential to be dangerous. That said if this team keeps on playing the way it has been of late we should absolutely be riding an 8 game winning streak heading into Madison this weekend.

Obviously the Gophers shouldn't look past anyone. Miles will have his kids ready to play, Gophers need to get off to a good start and sustain it. I'd like a comfortable win and expect one (12pts or so)

Oturu, Jones, Race, AJ Green, and Jarvis Thomas will all be in attendance.

Oturu, Jones, Race, AJ Green, and Jarvis Thomas will all be in attendance.

Sweet, hopefully we will have a great pumped up crowd and the team will play the fun brand of basketball they have been playing of late. I have to think our style appeals to a lot of recruits because we like to run and make things happen in transition.

Huskers have had a lot of close games against top B1G teams - win at home against Purdue, win at Maryland, OT loss at home to Wisconsin. But they've also had some real stinkers, especially as of late - losing by double digits to Iowa, MSU, Illinois, Northwestern, and losing to Rutgers (lol).

I won't be shocked if it's closer than we'd like, but will be very disappointed in anything but a W. Get it done on senior night, ride an eight-game winning streak into Madison!

I'm really worried about a letdown, but hopefully my fears will be calmed by a good, old-fashioned drubbing.
"Play Ho-Say-Ah!"

Huskers have had a lot of close games against top B1G teams - win at home against Purdue, win at Maryland, OT loss at home to Wisconsin. But they've also had some real stinkers, especially as of late - losing by double digits to Iowa, MSU, Illinois, Northwestern, and losing to Rutgers (lol).

I won't be shocked if it's closer than we'd like, but will be very disappointed in anything but a W. Get it done on senior night, ride an eight-game winning streak into Madison!

They have nothing to play for and we have everything! I expect a big win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have nothing to play for and we have everything! I expect a big win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nebraska trying to avoid playing Weakling Wednesday. I wouldn't say nothing.

Nebraska trying to avoid playing Weakling Wednesday. I wouldn't say nothing.

Would say this game definitely falls into the "trap" category. Team riding high, inferior opponent, big game against ranked rival next on the schedule.

That said my hope remains that the 5 game losing streak is still etched in these guys memories and they know they can't take anyone lightly. The encouraging thing is that in the last 2 games they have put teams away and avoided letting it get interesting late. Let's hope that trend continues tonight.

My hope for tonight is that the guy whose energy turned our season around has a great game tonight. Go Springs, score 30.

If the Gophers do beat Nebraska tonight, does anyone know if we can get the overall 2nd seed in the tourney? Or would WI own the tiebreaker if we win out and have the same record?

If the Gophers do beat Nebraska tonight, does anyone know if we can get the overall 2nd seed in the tourney? Or would WI own the tiebreaker if we win out and have the same record?

I think there is info on this in the how our fate will be decided thread.

We'd have a tie breaker over Wisconsin if we beat them Sunday. I believe that is because we'd have a better record against Purdue.

Tonight is a trap game? Please. It's Senior Night, this game means a lot to the 2 seniors, and the last thing the rest of the team wants to do is send those guys out with a loss on their home court. Nebraska has played a lot of close games, so they're better than the 12-16 record shows. It's also why the Gophers are only 7.5 point favorites. It'd be far greater if it was a trap game.

Still a ton to play for if you're the Gophers. Win tonight and if Maryland beats Michigan State on Saturday, you're pretty much guaranteed a top 4 seed for the Big Ten Tournament. This team doesn't seem to look past anybody, there's no reason to in this league. This is a bad match-up for Nebraska with the depth and length the Gophers have. Barring a bad shooting night or getting careless with the ball, I expect a similar game and result to last Saturday's win.

I took my wife to the Penn State game last Saturday, fearing that might be a "trap game" after the win over Maryland with how long and athletic Penn State is. They never really threatened the Gophers. Go out and get it done tonight, life is back in the Barn.

If the Gophers win their last two games and Wisconsin beats Iowa tonight, seeding still depends on what happens between Maryland and Michigan State. If Maryland wins, Wisconsin gets the 2 seed and Minnesota gets the 3 (a 3-way tie between Maryland, Minnesota and Wisconsin). If Michigan State wins, Minnesota gets the 2 seed and Wisconsin gets the 3 (a 2-way tie between Minnesota and Wisconsin).

The cleanest (and frankly, most enjoyable) way this can finish is to have Wisconsin lose their last two and Minnesota win their last two. Then the Gophers are guaranteed the 2 seed, regardless of what else happens.

So excited for tonight's game, go get the win tonight boys! To me, this is the most important game of the upcoming three. Through February we learned that you don't get many brownie (tourney) points for beating average to good Big Ten teams. But you can very quickly fall out of favor for losing to a below average team. Win this game and remove the possibility of suffering a "bad" late season loss. I think that the worst case scenario is somehow landing an 8-seed with a late season slide. Let's wrap up the 5 or 6 (or better) and from there, I can live with the rest as gravy!

That being said, I am hoping badly for a 9 game win streak heading into the BTT, let's go!!!!!!

I have learned from reading the posts the last couple of days that an advanced degree in math helps, which I do not have.

Coffey's sister Nia scored 34 for Northwestern earlier today.

I know it's supposed to be Akeem's day, but I would love to see Amir finish what his sister started and drop 35

You know he wants to

Talk about a genetically gifted basketball family...everything points to Amir being the next Gopher to have his own banner hanging down in the Barn...if only he stays for 4 years. Oh look, Amir's commercial on BTN just came on. Let this be a sign? By the way what's up with that commercial is that aimed towards the fans or NBA scouts?

Can't wait to see these bad boys waving both high and low in the packed energy assylm known locally as The Barn
C58ZwhsU0AAqhtz.jpg large.jpg

Go Gophers!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Man if Reggie can peak offensively as we head into post season without anyone taking a major step back would be huge!

KONATE!

Sloppy play at times.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom