Best Places to Park near the Barn?

GophersFan101

Reaction score
Going to Thursday's game. All other times I've gone to Gopher basketball games, I've taken the light rail or been able to just walk from Dinkytown.

That's not the case now, so just curious what people usually do for parking? And if you don't mind a long walk to avoid the 20 dollars or however much it costs, where do people go?

Thanks in advance.

Going to Thursday's game. All other times I've gone to Gopher basketball games, I've taken the light rail or been able to just walk from Dinkytown.

That's not the case now, so just curious what people usually do for parking? And if you don't mind a long walk to avoid the 20 dollars or however much it costs, where do people go?

Thanks in advance.

Park in the neighborhood next to Dinkeytown on the street for free. It is all I ever do.

Thanks in advance.

Park in the stadium public lots for $10. Or Dinkytown streets for free and walk a bit further.

Park by Surly if you want free. Not a bad walk or grab a nice ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not park by light rail and take that, that's how I do it.

I typically park on the street either somewhere in Dinkytown or on the Stadium Village side. Last weekend we parked in a lot on the other side of TCF and it was a pretty quick walk over, cost $10. Traffic was a bit congested after the game, though. I'm also not sure if those lots are more or less available on a Saturday when there are no students/staff on campus vs. a weekday.

There's a large lot on the other side of Mariucci that only costs $10.

Been to the Barn twice this year and parked in the Washington Avenue ramp 2 blocks from the arena for $10. Never had any issues.

I have never paid to park for any football or basketball game, unless you count the $20 I used to pay at the Leaning Tower/ Gopherhole/ Players bar, but that included a $20 voucher for use at the bar. That was a good deal.

The train makes if a lot easier, especially if you are any good at finding parking right by the train platforms around Raymond, Fairview and Prospect Park.

I do not mind navigating the neighborhood by the Prospect Park Tower, then walk 4-5 blocks, but a lot of people drive around looking for the few spots and it gets tight up there. A couple of years ago, one of the guys that lived in one of the project apartments was setting kids bicycles to block the street in "selling" the spots to gullible Gopher football fans. This did not make me too happy since this was my go to street for football parking.

I took his picture as he collected cash from some naïve couple from palookaville and told him I'd be sharing his scheme and address with law enforcement. He was not real happy with me. I did not actually report this activity, but I think he was doing it for Viking Football games and that is where he really cashed in

I have never paid to park for any football or basketball game, unless you count the $20 I used to pay at the Leaning Tower/ Gopherhole/ Players bar, but that included a $20 voucher for use at the bar. That was a good deal.

The train makes if a lot easier, especially if you are any good at finding parking right by the train platforms around Raymond, Fairview and Prospect Park.

I do not mind navigating the neighborhood by the Prospect Park Tower, then walk 4-5 blocks, but a lot of people drive around looking for the few spots and it gets tight up there. A couple of years ago, one of the guys that lived in one of the project apartments was setting kids bicycles to block the street in "selling" the spots to gullible Gopher football fans. This did not make me too happy since this was my go to street for football parking.

I took his picture as he collected cash from some naïve couple from palookaville and told him I'd be sharing his scheme and address with law enforcement. He was not real happy with me. I did not actually report this activity, but I think he was doing it for Viking Football games and that is where he really cashed in

Crazy.

Yeah after reading all of peoples suggestions, I'm going to plan on parking around the Raymond/University intersection area and snag a light rail in.

Been to the Barn twice this year and parked in the Washington Avenue ramp 2 blocks from the arena for $10. Never had any issues.
Parked there for the first time this past Saturday. Took around 45 minutes to get out of the ramp.

Parked there for the first time this past Saturday. Took around 45 minutes to get out of the ramp.

Get there earlier. When you drive up that first ramp and it tells you to take a right, take a left.

Park in the neighborhood next to Dinkeytown on the street for free. It is all I ever do.

The best parking spots down there are not the obvious ones. A six block or less walk can get a person a good spot, a little exercise and little or no cost. I'm not revealing my spot. :)

The best parking spots down there are not the obvious ones. A six block or less walk can get a person a good spot, a little exercise and little or no cost. I'm not revealing my spot. :)

I have a couple go to places as well.

Basketball game days are easy days to find spots. It's the football games that require secret spots.

Geez...get a hotel room.

[edit - sorry, read it as pork, not park]

Me neither!!

Not to get on the high horse, but it's amazing how much time and effort people will use to save $10 on a standard parking spot.
Part of it, for me, is being able to leave the area faster than sitting in a lot or ramp. It's not just about the money. Generally, I use that 10 dollars saved to fill my belly with food and drink at a local establishment.

Oak Street isn't bad if you navigate to the bottom level for a quick exit - $10.

Depending on how many people and where you are starting from, public transportation is the way to go.

It is $4 per adult for a round trip and $3 for 12 & under or 65 & over.

Top Bottom