Rooting for the Illinois teams tonight!

Knowing who to cheer for tonight would have been so much easier if we already knew the results for this weekend's games.

You may want to watch it again..

I may have too small if tv

But to me it looked like he caught it in the air. Landed the two feet at different times, then shot.

Looked like zero steps to me.

What the heck was DJ Wilson doing on that play? He was a serious spectator watching the Northwestern guy take that shot. Outstanding play by Northwestern - terrible defense by Michigan.

Record being the same going in, Is it better for your resume to only have a single bye and come out of the tournament with 1 win, or double bye and no win? Might it be be better for seeding if we played 1 more extra game?

Record being the same going in, Is it better for your resume to only have a single bye and come out of the tournament with 1 win, or double bye and no win? Might it be be better for seeding if we played 1 more extra game?

No win on a neutral court can really help the gophers THAT much except Purdue,

No loss is really going to hurt them unless it is rutgers.

The hay is in the barn after sunday IMO

All things said....I think MSU looses to IL and MD. MN gets double bye

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Northwestern lucky AF. They're gonna make the dance but they're running on fumes. I suspect it will be a short stay for the nerds.

I don't think they care too much. Ending the streak was the primary goal.

I'm glad Bridges is a likely one and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well now if we win both games we get the 2 seed regardless of other results.

If we win 1, we need Maryland to beat Michigan State to get the 4 seed.

Things got much easier to digest after the games tonight.

If Michigan State loses to Maryland are they in danger of missing the tournament?

LETS GOOO

Congrats to the Illini and Coach Groce. Very deserving and good to see the Illini finishing strong. Hopefully Groce is back next year because he is a very good coach.

If Michigan State loses to Maryland are they in danger of missing the tournament?

They'd be a bubble team if they went one and done in the BTT.

Congrats to the Illini and Coach Groce. Very deserving and good to see the Illini finishing strong. Hopefully Groce is back next year because he is a very good coach.

Touching moments in post game... lots of tears on BTN. Groce and Malcolm Hill.
The Joey-King-like tears were a flowin'.

Yes and no.

No by the looks of how they've been gaining steam lately along with Michigan, but RPI wise, they are mid to low 40's which is never absolutely safe.

Right now they were the consensus last #9 seed. That's only about 8 spots away from being out. Whether eight teams pass them or not is the question.

No. We can still win both and get the 3rd seed if tied with Wiscy and Maryland.

Yep. Just correcting earlier post that said game was in East lansing

QuestionS

If we beat Nebraska we are in the top four?

If Maryland beats Michigan St...they are 12 and 6 and Michigan State is 10-8...we have the tie breaker over NW if they go 11-7

If Mich St beats Maryland and Maryland is 11-7...don't we have the tie breaker over Maryland and NW?

Obviously winning the last two is the best idea but?
And if we do why wouldn't we be the 2 seed? We'd have tie breakers over everybody wouldn't we if we beat Wisconsin by more than they beat us or in regulation or how does it work?
And we already would over Maryland if they are the other team?

Beat Nebraska!!!!

In a three way tie, you don't look at tiebreakers over individual teams. You look at the overall records in games among the teams involved in the tie.

with Wiscy, Minnesota and Maryland, Wiscy would be 2-1, we'd be 2-2 and Maryland would be 1-2

with Illinois winning, some brackets now showing Ill one of the last 4 in - which I guess assumes they beat Rutgers

I'm glad Bridges is a likely one and done.

Not me. I like to see as much high end talent in the league as possible.

It's supposed to be hard to win the Big Ten.

Top Bottom