Myrick's Island?

bamor5229

Reaction score
There’s a lot at stake this week at the NFL scouting combine. Including an island valued at just under a million dollars.

That’s right — the player who runs fast enough (and is wearing Adidas footwear) in the 40-yard dash could win an actual island, one that shows up on a map and everything. Of course, that player must break Chris Johnson’s vaunted 4.24-second 40 from a decade ago that no one has touched since.

It’s weird, right? But also awesome. A freaking island. Who wouldn’t want that? Sure, we’re not up on today’s capital gains taxes and island-maintenance costs, but that just would be something else.

Candidates to win an island: Florida State WR Kermit Whitfield, USC DB Adoree Jackson, Washington WR John Ross, West Virginia WR Shelton Gibson, UCLA CB Fabian Moreau and Minnesota CB Jalen Myrick are some of the fastest guys in Indy. Still, we doubt anyone will come close.

https://fr.sports.yahoo.com/news/ad...ombine-runner-an-actual-island-143753650.html

https://twitter.com/5__On__It/status/836367068622618625

There’s a lot at stake this week at the NFL scouting combine. Including an island valued at just under a million dollars.

That’s right — the player who runs fast enough (and is wearing Adidas footwear) in the 40-yard dash could win an actual island, one that shows up on a map and everything. Of course, that player must break Chris Johnson’s vaunted 4.24-second 40 from a decade ago that no one has touched since.

It’s weird, right? But also awesome. A freaking island. Who wouldn’t want that? Sure, we’re not up on today’s capital gains taxes and island-maintenance costs, but that just would be something else.

Candidates to win an island: Florida State WR Kermit Whitfield, USC DB Adoree Jackson, Washington WR John Ross, West Virginia WR Shelton Gibson, UCLA CB Fabian Moreau and Minnesota CB Jalen Myrick are some of the fastest guys in Indy. Still, we doubt anyone will come close.

https://fr.sports.yahoo.com/news/ad...ombine-runner-an-actual-island-143753650.html

https://twitter.com/5__On__It/status/836367068622618625

Awesome run! Now the question is, to win the island, will they have to beat Ross' record and wear Adidas?
Uhhh.....

That 4.22 was crazy. I wish he wouldn't have cramped I would have liked to see him break the 4.20 mark. He said he was cramping up the whole run which is crazy when you think about he ran a 4.22 and was running through a cramp.

So what was Myrick's actual time?

I guess speed trumps all, but I thought he had a lot to be desired when it reacting to the ball in the air and catching balls around him. I thought Cedrick Thompson, BBC, and Hardin were much better than Myrick when it comes to ball skills. I have my doubts if Myrick would have made the huge play Ayunde made in San Diego in the fourth quarter.

That 4.22 was crazy. I wish he wouldn't have cramped I would have liked to see him break the 4.20 mark. He said he was cramping up the whole run which is crazy when you think about he ran a 4.22 and was running through a cramp.

And risking an injury in the process?

Any reason why Ross didn't run at least one attempt in Addidas?

Myrick runs tommorow with the DB's, Ross is a WR and ran with his group, as far as Ross running in Addias, he has a contract with Nike.

Myrick runs tommorow with the DB's, Ross is a WR and ran with his group, as far as Ross running in Addias, he has a contract with Nike.

I guess that answers my question.

I never would have thought the gophs would ever have that type of speed on our team. Kudos to Sawvel and actually Tubby Smith who had a connection with his uncle in the recruiting process I believe when they thought Myrick would be a b-baller.

Tedric Thompson runs a 4.60. Safety from CU we recruited.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Anyone know if Jalen wore Adidas? He was oh so close to beating Johnson's mark and tieing the new mark set by Ross. Great job Jalen!

Top Bottom