WMU's leading tackler transferring

Lol, this is the same guy who said we illegally recruited the 2017 Western Michigan flips.

Just to be clear a sports writer from Kalamazoo, Michigan (home of Western Michigan U) claims coach Fleck contacted this kid before he was officially released. Also he has not revealed his so called "sources".

http://wwmt.com/station/people/andy-pepper

I'll worry when he releases his sources if they are legit.

I would think Fleck knows what he can do and can't do.

Is this against any rules?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would only be a violation of PJF contacted him to encourage a transfer. It's not a violation to stay in contact with your former players. So, if he contacted Spillane who then asked PJF what he thought of transferring, that would be fine.

<iframe width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://wwmt.com/embed/news/local/pj-fleck-questioned-about-alleged-recruitment-of-former-bronco-linebacker?external-id=5880d4d567db4c4ca2291726fbc94806"></iframe>

Here's the news story that ran today.

I'm starting to cool on him. We need good honest below .500 coaches around here.

I think that actually means you are warming up to him...wanting him to go .500.

<iframe width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://wwmt.com/embed/news/local/pj-fleck-questioned-about-alleged-recruitment-of-former-bronco-linebacker?external-id=5880d4d567db4c4ca2291726fbc94806"></iframe>

Here's the news story that ran today.

PJ Fleck is answering questions

-

We've reached out to coach Fleck for comment... those messages have not been returned

So i guess he isn't answering questions....

PJ Fleck is answering questions

-

We've reached out to coach Fleck for comment... those messages have not been returned

So i guess he isn't answering questions....

If he does, it will be in all-caps, naturally.

PJ will answer him in the morning when he is having breakfast!!
You would think a WMU reporter would know something like that after being around him for 4 years

It would only be a violation of PJF contacted him to encourage a transfer. It's not a violation to stay in contact with your former players. So, if he contacted Spillane who then asked PJF what he thought of transferring, that would be fine.

Honestly, you believe this?

This is a good point and it is the same guy. I'm not worried. This is a sports writer who is mad his coach left. Sour grapes.

Took the words right out of my mouth. He's likely mad that he's going from covering a coach and school that went to a NY6 Bowl to back to obscurity. Nothing will come of this since I doubt the kid would say PJ was recruiting him and Im sure PJ knows this is a real gray area and all indications are that PJ runs clean programs.

Barber, Coughlin, Martin all played some during the season. Maybe it was situational last year, but they showed plenty of football skill when they did play that they will be anchors for our defense over the next 2 to 3 years.

Yes they all played, what I'm saying is outside of Barber and Coughlin, the majority of our young LB's are situational pass rushers. Martin, Huff, even Cashman, etc. are much more of the skill set to be out there in a 2-4-5 alignment when it's 3rd and long instead of 3rd and 1 having to stop the power run game. Waters is of that skill set too but unless you're in a 3-4 where you can have 2 inside LB's, you're not putting him and Barber out there together.

PJ will answer him in the morning when he is having breakfast!!
You would think a WMU reporter would know something like that after being around him for 4 years

ROTFLMAO

That huge show guy is an idiot. He said Fleck should have been fired already for stealing recruits from WMU.

Fleck is the man. An Elite man who is shaping Elite men.

Are you saying that WMU wouldn't make a big deal out of it b/c he was being recruited by the Fleck's Western Michigan staff? Pretty sure he didn't end up going to Western Michigan b/c of Fleck's move to Minnesota, so I don't think this is why they wouldn't make a stink about it.

I'm saying they can't make a big deal of it because the staff that replaced Fleck's at WMU came largely from Rutgers and they just brought a transfer over with them from Rutgers who plays exactly the same position as the gent that's transferring...

Top Bottom