The W word

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
About a two weeks ago, I was hopeful that we could steal a remaining road game. And the thought of beating Wisconsin was that if we needed that win we would be looking at difficult odds. After the last 10-14 days however, I feel it would be disappointing to not beat them on the road.

Should we be disappointed if we lose?

We should be disappointed, but I don't think we should expect to win.

Seriously? We should always be disappointed when we lose. Moral victories are for losers.

Seriously? We should always be disappointed when we lose. Moral victories are for losers.
Of course we are always disappointed to lose, but this feels more like we should win because we are better kind of feeling.

i think you meant wisconsin, not with the capital letter

Of course we are always disappointed to lose, but this feels more like we should win because we are better kind of feeling.

There is no doubt that right now we are playing better than Wisconsin but they are still a very good team. It is always disappointing to lose to Wisconsin no matter what the circumstances. Right now though I can definitely see us going in there and winning that game but I don't expect it to be easy by any stretch of the imagination.

About a two weeks ago, I was hopeful that we could steal a remaining road game. And the thought of beating Wisconsin was that if we needed that win we would be looking at difficult odds. After the last 10-14 days however, I feel it would be disappointing to not beat them on the road.

Should we be disappointed if we lose?

No, they are still a very good team who beat us on our floor. I will be very happy with a win in Madison and I will quickly move my focus as a fan to DC with a loss. We will be underdogs and this is still the Big Ten. With that said it's fun to have these conversations for a change

Going to my default here. Worry only about the next game--Nebraska at the Barn.

Going to my default here. Worry only about the next game--Nebraska at the Barn.

Players absolutely....fans can think ahead some. Nebraska is in that mix of teams that the Gophers should beat but if they play poorly could absolutely lose too as well. For as much fun as this 7 game win streak is I am sure the coaches are reminding them that they are not real far removed from the 5 game losing streak so they need to keep bringing their A game every night.

How we can win: We find a way to stop Happ while limiting their open 3-pt shots and we break even on rebounds. This was the strategy in MN but our post defense sucked. It is what has worked against them during their most recent losses.
How we could "limit" Happ - no entry pass on the block (play him on the side), make him catch the ball 15' from the basket and work hard every time to drive. Help defense limits his access to the center of the lane w/ the ball. Adjust as needed.

Scouting Report
Wisconsin's massive deficit this year on offense is the inability to dribble drive. Because of that, there is not a plethora of open three point shots. As a team they are shooting 35% from 3-pt range vs. 38% for the competition and average just 7 attempts per game. They are a very good rebounding team holding an 8-rebound per game advantage. They are not a great free throw shooting team at 66%, but that percentage improves when they are at home.

Top Bottom