Gophers 1 place out of Top 25

Guys, if rpi means anything, and it does to the Selection Committee, this is how Wisconsin compares to Minnesota

team - rpi rating - rcrd vs Tp 50 - rcrd vs Tp100 - Tp 50 Rd wins - Tp 50 ntrl wins - rpi avg wins - rpi avg losses - SOS

Minn ----- 16 --------- 7-5 -------------- 13-7 ----------- 3 ----------------- 1 --------------- 105 ---------- 44 --------- 15
Wisc ----- 28 --------- 3-5 -------------- 13-6 ----------- 1 ----------------- 0 --------------- 147 ---------- 37 --------- 76

So it's pretty simple to see that Minnesota has OVER TWICE as many Top 50 wins, THREE TIMES as many Top 50 ROAD wins, a neutral site Top 50 in and Wisco has none of those, and the average rpi rank of the 22 teams Minny has beat is much lower, which just goes to further back up UMn's 15 sos compared to Wisconsin's 76 sos.

So Wisconsin has a better record than Minnesota? It's because they have played a weak schedule.

Now they are 1-4 in their last 5, and we are 7-0 in our last 7.

But it's ok, 3-4 years down the road it will be Minnesota getting the benefit of the doubt and being left in the Top 25 when they might not deserve it simply because of how much they've dominated the polls in the years prior. Wisconsin has earned this I guess and the Gophers haven't yet. Just got to pay our dues is all.

Guys, if rpi means anything, and it does to the Selection Committee, this is how Wisconsin compares to Minnesota

team - rpi rating - rcrd vs Tp 50 - rcrd vs Tp100 - Tp 50 Rd wins - Tp 50 ntrl wins - rpi avg wins - rpi avg losses - SOS

Minn ----- 16 --------- 7-5 -------------- 13-7 ----------- 3 ----------------- 1 --------------- 105 ---------- 44 --------- 15
Wisc ----- 28 --------- 3-5 -------------- 13-6 ----------- 1 ----------------- 0 --------------- 147 ---------- 37 --------- 76

So it's pretty simple to see that Minnesota has OVER TWICE as many Top 50 wins, THREE TIMES as many Top 50 ROAD wins, a neutral site Top 50 in and Wisco has none of those, and the average rpi rank of the 22 teams Minny has beat is much lower, which just goes to further back up UMn's 15 sos compared to Wisconsin's 76 sos.

So Wisconsin has a better record than Minnesota? It's because they have played a weak schedule.

Now they are 1-4 in their last 5, and we are 7-0 in our last 7.

But it's ok, 3-4 years down the road it will be Minnesota getting the benefit of the doubt and being left in the Top 25 when they might not deserve it simply because of how much they've dominated the polls in the years prior. Wisconsin has earned this I guess and the Gophers haven't yet. Just got to pay our dues is all.

This just shows that Pitino scheduled a masterpiece for this season in the non-conference!

Even though we SHOULD be ranked i'm glad that we are not ranked, didn't go well the last time. They will hopefully use this as motivation and we have played our best when were underdogs this year. Win the next two, get the bye in the B1G tourney and get a 5-6-7 seed and make a run, thats all I ask!!

Top Bottom