Who is the Big Ten Network dude with glasses and a grey goatee?

37score

Reaction score
He sits in studio all the time, usually in the middle. He looks like a poor man's Mike Lupica. He's usually on the B1G show now after games.

Anyone tell me who he is?

I'm not 100% sure, but I've seen it suggested that its Mike DeCourcy.

Who is Mike DeCourcy?

Oh yeh, the guy that sits in studio all the time, usually in the middle. He looks like a poor man's Mike Lupica. He's usually on the B1G show now after games. Now I know.

Mike-Decourcy.png

Is Lupica from the Sports Reporters on ESPN? Because I legit thought this Decourcy guy was Lupica then. Funny.

The difference between DeCourcy and Lupica, is that DeCourcy is actually a journalist worth respecting. DeCourcy among the best college basketball writers in the country. Know his s*it.

The difference between DeCourcy and Lupica, is that DeCourcy is actually a journalist worth respecting. DeCourcy among the best college basketball writers in the country. Know his s*it.

Okay, I'll give you that.

But you have to agree that Mike Lupica brings far more energy and entertainment than this DeCourcy guy.

A couple tips for Decourcy...

1. Change your tone of voice occasionally.
2. Do something with that non-visible goatee. Either grow it out more, shave it, or color it dark.
3. Stop being boring and quit doing the same conservative thing with your hands by touching your fingertips together.

Yes. Used to be the main CBB guy for the Sporting News.

He's probably most informative BTN studio analyst but he's a little too polished and just reeks of a nerd on a mission after being cut from his Junior High team. I like hearing the former player's takes. Guys that coaches and players respect/trust.

Speaking if the BTN, i'm starting to be convinced most of their panelists have practically crowned Minnesota as the new face of the conference. During latest Big Ten and Beyond Revsine tried steering conversation towards the idea Gophs being most dangerous team in both BTT and maybe NCAA and DeCourcy and Bardo were willing to meet them half way. Than at the end they pretty much agreed Pitino is lock to be BT coach of the year. Bold....

They also have an Amir Coffey commercial which I find kind of odd yet awesome - not sure if that's on Coyle paying up or BTN just recognizing a marketable talent.

DeCourcy is great, brings a nice balance to the show, especially when Bardo is on, DeCourcy brings much needed intellect to those conversations

I thought I would hate the guy, but I actually like Jon Crispin both at games and in studio.
He seems to be the only former student that is really good on TV. Brings good energy.

I agree on DeCourcy bringing a different view and some intellect. I just think he needs a makeover or something.

I thought I would hate the guy, but I actually like Jon Crispin both at games and in studio.
He seems to be the only former student that is really good on TV. Brings good energy.

Agree on Crispin. I think he'll eventually get a gig with a bigger network.

Top Bottom