Openly gay player to make history at Arizona Wildcats

Sounds like the kind of kid who can dispel a lot of myths and biases. Wish him well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Says the man from white middle class suburbia- congrats

You are not missing anything.

It might be history he doesn't care about, but saying that there isn't anything historic is absolutely insane.

As far as Gopher-related, it's not. There are tons of general college football threads.

I'm totally at a loss for how this is historic, or how this is Gopher-related.

there are plenty of topics on this board that are not Gopher-related, many of which you participate. i'm glad gh allows for conversation about college football in general.

You honestly can't see why it's historic? You can't be serious you just can't be. Like Bob said, that take is insane.

how is it historic. Gay players have played football before. What is the big deal. He is gay good for him. Why should I care. Real progress would be when people stop making a big deal out of it.

how is it historic. Gay players have played football before. What is the big deal. He is gay good for him. Why should I care. Real progress would be when people stop making a big deal out of it.

Acceptance and progress continues

I bet you are totally fine with that "lifestyle" and are also "color blind" when it comes to race, too.

Wonder if he's got a boner when he's in the shower with a bunch of dude?

Far as I'm concerned, this thread is over. Issue is accepted by me and time to move on.

1. Who cares
2. Who cares
3. Who cares
4 Who cares
5. What about the guy from Missouri that was drafted or signed a few year ago. Does he not count? Or wasn't that a big enough political move so they have to start a new narrative?

I bet you are totally fine with that "lifestyle" and are also "color blind" when it comes to race, too.

So if someone doesn't see something historic or heroic in this they must be a homophobe & apparently a racist too? Why stop there?

1. Who cares
2. Who cares
3. Who cares
4 Who cares
5. What about the guy from Missouri that was drafted or signed a few year ago. Does he not count? Or wasn't that a big enough political move so they have to start a new narrative?

He came out 3+ years after he was there. Already ingrained in the culture, had tons of support. This is a young kid willing to put himself truly in harm's way by being open about his sexuality which despite his generation being much more tolerant of differences in sexual orientation, that tolerance has failed to translate into the macho world of college football.

It's just funny to watch all the posters with repressed homoerotic fantasies scream WHO CARES, WHO CARES,WHO CARES!

LMAO

This clearly is a big deal. This is the first major sports athlete that i can think of to come out BEFORE entering a league. All but a very few have waiting until their playing days are over. And most that have come out, only came out to their teammates, and not the public. Pretty big step forward, no doubt.

This kid has been out since he was 12. Kudos to him and his teammates in high school for being great leaders and role models.

why is this news.

It shouldn't be, and in the future, it won't be.

But now, a lot of people have trouble with homosexuality, and an out athlete signing a letter of intent is news.

So if someone doesn't see something historic or heroic in this they must be a homophobe & apparently a racist too? Why stop there?

Typically the crowd that complains this isn't news when it comes to LGBT news is just saying OMG I don't want to hear about people doing things I don't agree with!

Top Bottom