NY woman charged with falsely reporting that 2 college football players raped her

Article is wrong IMO. The two football players have a lot to lose, therefore I think they are guilty and lying to save themselves.

Also, why would this girl make up the story?
It doesn't make sense to me from my perspective logically therefore, adding those things together leads me to believe that a rape did indeed occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Article says she lied over fear that a student would lose romantic interest in her.

Most false rape accusations are the result of the girl trying to salvage her image, not wanting to look like someone who gets around or to avoid backlash and anger from a partner/boyfriend if they find out .

This was exactly my point when posters were arguing about whether the U admin should assume guilt or allow an accused student to continue normal activities as a part of "due process".
Young men are in a very compromising situation if they aren't careful. Sex by two or more males on a female can easily be assumed to be unwanted or forcible, b/c a normal female wouldn't generally be a willing participant. Young men need to understand a normal female wouldn't, so when you have sex with a disturbed person, don't be surprised if they falsely accuse you of something else.

Bro... you must be of an older generation. If you think girls nowadays need to be disturbed or not normal to take part... you'd be sadly disappointed with today's youth's morals. It ain't the 50's anymore. I don't like it myself but attitudes towards sex are way more liberal now. However a girl will still be viewed negatively, hence the lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Article says she lied over fear that a student would lose romantic interest in her.

Most false rape accusations are the result of the girl trying to salvage her image, not wanting to look like someone who gets around or to avoid backlash and anger from a partner/boyfriend if they find out .

I am assuming that your sarcasm meter is not working. At least I hope Section2 was being sarcastic.

The school needs to make things right with the players, as much as possible, it appears from the article that the haven't, I will concede that, until she's convicted they probably don't have to do anything. Being a catholic school, there may be a 'morals clause' in the conduct code, but they still need to make it right.

I find this quote from Sacred Heart interesting. Does it mean that they took their time with a thorough investigation and didn't immediately determine that "more likely than not" the players were guilty?

“The federal Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act prevents us from providing information about specific students. However, I can say that some of the early information that was released is inaccurate,” SHU communications director Deb Noack said in the statement. “Sacred Heart never expelled the two students nor was any student stripped of scholarships because of any allegations.

“Whenever there is any kind of incident at Sacred Heart University, we go to great lengths to ensure due process for all parties involved,” Noack said. “The way that this particular case is playing out certainly demonstrates the validity of our procedures.”

I wouldn't do that so I can't fathom anyone else doing it. It doesn't make sense to me. But what does make sense is that the players would lie to save their scholarships, so i think it was rape.

Top Bottom