B1G Top Five Teams

hungan1

Reaction score
Are the Gophers in fourth place in the B1G? They lose twice against Michigan State.

1. Purdue 12-4, 23-6
2. Wisconsin 11-5, 22-6
3. Michigan State 10-6, 17-11
4. Minnesota 10-6, 22-7
5. Maryland 10-6, 22-7

It will be quite an interesting B1G tournament with teams like Michigan and MSU getting hot.

Are the Gophers in fourth place in the B1G? They lose twice against Michigan State.

1. Purdue 12-4, 23-6
2. Wisconsin 11-5, 22-6
4. Minnesota 10-6, 22-7
5. Maryland 10-6, 22-7

It will be quite an interesting B1G tournament with teams like Michigan and MSU getting hot.

In a three way tie scenario like it is right now, Maryland would actually be above us because they have the tiebreaker over MSU. So the standings right now I believe are

1. Purdue 12-4, 23-6
2. Wisconsin 11-5, 22-6
3. Maryland 10-6, 22-7
4. Michigan State 10-6, 17-11
5. Minnesota 10-6, 22-7

Bruce lays out here: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?74765-Big-Ten-tiebreakers

In a three way tie scenario like it is right now, Maryland would actually be above us because they have the tiebreaker over MSU. So the standings right now I believe are

1. Purdue 12-4, 23-6
2. Wisconsin 11-5, 22-6
3. Maryland 10-6, 22-7
4. Michigan State 10-6, 17-11
5. Minnesota 10-6, 22-7

Bruce lays out here: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?74765-Big-Ten-tiebreakers
Unfortunately, this is correct. Takes the joy out of seeing Wisconsin get beat. I blame our collective inability to pull for Wisconsin to win under any circumstances.

MSU wins out, we go 1-2 we're a top 4 team

MSU looked like the best team in the BIG against Wisky. My pick to win the tourney.

I think the Gophers are the best team in the conference right now.

1. Purdue 12-4, 23-6
2. Wisconsin 11-5, 22-6
4. Minnesota 10-6, 22-7
5. Maryland 10-6, 22-7

Any situation with a 3-way tie involving Michigan State and Maryland we would be on the bottom of.

Overall, we are in a great situation with tiebreakers, as long as:

- Michigan State is not one of the teams we are tied with
- Purdue stays in first place

Unfortunately, this is correct. Takes the joy out of seeing Wisconsin get beat. I blame our collective inability to pull for Wisconsin to win under any circumstances.

Haha. I'll go with this one

Regardless its going to be a fun tournament.

Here's a generator to play with scenarios for tournament seeding: http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

If the Gophers beat Nebraska and lose to Wisconsin, to get a top-4 seed, they need any one of the following:

MSU to win out
MSU to lose out
Maryland lose to Rutgers and MSU lose to Illinois

Ooh that's cool. There goes my lunch break.

It's really amazing considering their injuries.

They've certainly had a few high impact injuries, but they also had the #1 incoming recruiting class in the B10. Izzo was going to get those kids to gel eventually, they look pretty unstoppable right now (although I do think WI was softer than their record indicated).

Here's a generator to play with scenarios for tournament seeding: http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

If the Gophers beat Nebraska and lose to Wisconsin, to get a top-4 seed, they need any one of the following:

MSU to win out
MSU to lose out
Maryland lose to Rutgers and MSU lose to Illinois

Thanks for the link!

There are actually a couple scenarios we could still win the conference. 2-way tie with Purdue. Or 3-way ties with Purdue-Maryland or Purdue-Wisconsin

Any tie break that involves Michigan State we lose.

Also any 4-way tie we lose.

The lowest finish I could come up for us was 6th.

Thanks for the link!

There are actually a couple scenarios we could still win the conference. 2-way tie with Purdue. Or 3-way ties with Purdue-Maryland or Purdue-Wisconsin

Any tie break that involves Michigan State we lose.

Also any 4-way tie we lose.

The lowest finish I could come up for us was 6th.
You mean get the 1 seed.
Purdue loses two and Minnesota wins two and Minnesota is conference champs in part regardless of the way other games go

Top Bottom