Gophers basketball tales from the past, present & talking about the future w Damian

GopherLady

Reaction score
Gophers basketball tales from the past, present & talking about the future w Damian

Johnson and Jamal Abu Shamala. I have loved all of our guests on the podcast, but Dame Johnson has to be the funniest Gopher, ever. Trevor Mbakwe even said he was the funniest teammate he's had, and he told the best stories (along with Jamal) about Tubby, Coach Mo, Monson, and their teammates.

Of course, we also talked about the current team, what they need to do to beat WI, and so much more. Take a listen, and let us know of any feedback or questions you have for the next podcast. This was a fun one!

<a class="embedly-card" href="http://www.1500espn.com/gopherhole-2/2017/02/gophers-basketball-tales-past-present-future-ep-17/">Gophers basketball tales from the past, present and future (ep. 17) - 1500 ESPN Twin Cities</a><script async src="//cdn.embedly.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

tales from past = Melvin Newbern stopping and hitting a NBA 3 pointer against Kansas State in 89-90 with 2 minutes left on the clock!

Anything from 97 against Clemson or UCLA also fits the bill

Such a great Podcast series Nadine. I love the analysis from the players and the stories that DJ and Jamal share are fantastic. I hope people take the time to listen to these, great content.

Go Gophers!!

best gopher podcast, love the addition of jamal and damia. fantastic insight and stories.

I would agree....

best gopher podcast, love the addition of jamal and damia. fantastic insight and stories.

there is nothing like the insight from ex-players (except maybe current players) and their insight into the past, but also their analysis of what the current team is doing.

...and Nadine has a very pleasant interviewing style! Thanks to all players...especially Abu-Shamala for their contributuons.

This is definitely worth the time if you are an avid Gopher fan.

I think Damian was a one time guest but this definitely a great podcast. Great job by Jamal and Nadine for the weekly cast and Damian for the entertaining stories

tales from past = Melvin Newbern stopping and hitting a NBA 3 pointer against Kansas State in 89-90 with 2 minutes left on the clock!

Anything from 97 against Clemson or UCLA also fits the bill

Well, unfortunately these guys were too young to tell those stories!

Such a great Podcast series Nadine. I love the analysis from the players and the stories that DJ and Jamal share are fantastic. I hope people take the time to listen to these, great content.

Go Gophers!!

Thank you both!

there is nothing like the insight from ex-players (except maybe current players) and their insight into the past, but also their analysis of what the current team is doing.

...and Nadine has a very pleasant interviewing style! Thanks to all players...especially Abu-Shamala for their contributuons.

This is definitely worth the time if you are an avid Gopher fan.

Appreciate it, thank you! There is no one that can give their insight, which is why I love having them on!

I think Damian was a one time guest but this definitely a great podcast. Great job by Jamal and Nadine for the weekly cast and Damian for the entertaining stories

Thank you! He was, but I'd love to have him on again anytime. I was like a kid in a candy store with his stories. We're working on getting John Thomas on in the next few weeks, which will be great as he's from a different era (a Golden era).

If anyone has players that are in the cities that they'd like us to try to get on, we're taking suggestions. So far, it's been Dame, Al Nolen, and Kendal Shell - all who have been great!

Thank you Nadine and Jamal for a great podcast. That was the most entertaining podcasts I have listened to in a long time. Just listening to Damian Johnson had a smile on my face for all 40 minutes. The story about Jamal dunking on Damian was by far the most funny story I heard all day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thank you Nadine and Jamal for a great podcast. That was the most entertaining podcasts I have listened to in a long time. Just listening to Damian Johnson had a smile on my face for all 40 minutes. The story about Jamal dunking on Damian was by far the most funny story I heard all day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That was literally me to - the whole time, I was laughing! Thank you for your kind words!

Thanks Nadine, great listen.

Thanks so much!

Any podcast with a mention of J'Son Stamper has to be good. Well done. Get DJ on again if you can. Nice job, Nadine.

Nadine, great podcasts. I haven't had a chance to listen to this one yet, but I really enjoyed your earlier episodes. I have just one request, could you please turn up the volume or adjust the sound while you, Jamal and your guests are talking? I tried to listen to a couple while flying last week and could not hear at all with the volume turned all the way up and my hands cupped over my ears. It seems like the promos and such are at a higher volume.

Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any podcast with a mention of J'Son Stamper has to be good. Well done. Get DJ on again if you can. Nice job, Nadine.

Right!?! He was certainly one of my faves :).

Nadine, great podcasts. I haven't had a chance to listen to this one yet, but I really enjoyed your earlier episodes. I have just one request, could you please turn up the volume or adjust the sound while you, Jamal and your guests are talking? I tried to listen to a couple while flying last week and could not hear at all with the volume turned all the way up and my hands cupped over my ears. It seems like the promos and such are at a higher volume.

Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! I haven't heard that issue from anyone else...I know airplanes are really loud. Anyone else having this problem?

We actually have pretty good equiptment.

Top Bottom