Who's Having Fun???

Tater

f.k.a. "Tubtastic"
Reaction score
So often as Gopher fans we complain or lament our situation in life -- Bad scheduling, lesser resourses, terrible reffing, pro-town mentality, lack of commitment from U administration, etc, etc...

But now, here we have a truly impressive team. One that is fun to watch. One with impressive players, one that is meeting or exceeding expectations! We've seen a lot of great basketball at the U over the years-- great teams, great players, and great coaches.

But this year's team is fun. I'm having a blast. Enjoy the ride my friends!

I feel bad for the 1000 season ticket folders that failed to renew this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome! We MN fans deserve some fun!

This has been a very entertaining season. Even the close games we lost went down to the last minutes.Everybody wanted to join me @ the games this season.

I drove over 200 miles to watch the Penn St. game and I just bought my tickets for the Nebraska game. I'll be back. The best sports ticket in MN is Gopher basketball. Really fun year. The future under Coach Pitino will be special.

I gotta believe that next season the Barn will be sold out most games and season tickets will be in high demand.

This year has been a blast and it has been fun to see a team that can legitimately compete with pretty much anyone. Can't wait to see where things end up this year and the future looks even brighter. Bout time Gopher Basketball got back on the map and has been great to see the Barn return to the awesome environment it once was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was a great year to upgrade, I moved one section over towards center court plus aisle seats.
To paraphrase Pitino (and Ralph Waldo Emerson) " enjoy the journey, not the destination". I'm having a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In retrospect, the one redeeming contribution of Mega-Tongue is the hiring of Richard Pitino ala Villa Seven Consortium.

It could very well be, and I sincerely hope he stays here once he builds a dynasty. He and Fleck will be great for the B1G.

People were making noise for Shaka Smart at VCU who ended up at Texas. He is 4-12 in the Big 12, 10-19 overall now.

People are stunned. Myself personally. I have to pinch myself - 22,7, 10-6. Really? Unreal! We haven't had this much fun for as long as I can remember.

Richard, if you are listening. You and your family belong here! This is a great place to be.

I'm having so much fun that after 14 years of reading this forum I've decided to start posting. It's not cool for me to force Gophs in my friend's faces who really don't care haha

GH is my only source for all things Gophers outside of the media.

This team is a great cure for people who get bummed during the Winter! I'm kind of obsessing....

In retrospect, the one redeeming contribution of Mega-Tongue is the hiring of Richard Pitino ala Villa Seven Consortium.

It could very well be, and I sincerely hope he stays here once he builds a dynasty. He and Fleck will be great for the B1G.

People were making noise for Shaka Smart at VCU who ended up at Texas. He is 4-12 in the Big 12, 10-19 overall now.

People are stunned. Myself personally. I have to pinch myself - 22,7, 10-6. Really? Unreal! We haven't had this much fun for as long as I can remember.

Richard, if you are listening. You and your family belong here! This is a great place to be.

I believe Texas is due for a big turn around soon

But back to matter at hand, yes, this is fun. It's fun to finish strong and make noise, not just cling on for dear life and hope for a tourney appearance and one and done

Couldn't stomach the end of the Iowa game. I turned it off in a rage of "here we go again", but then kept turning it back on.

Couldn't stomach the end of the Indiana game. Same thing.

My stomach is starting to believe. I now watch entire games and expect the Gophers to win.

Awesome.

Couldn't stomach the end of the Iowa game. I turned it off in a rage of "here we go again", but then kept turning it back on.

There were very brief moments in both of those games I calmly accepted defeat yet ended up getting that adrenaline winning drip. That drip that feels better than anything you can get at a pharmacy or a booze stop IME

I have a few friends who dropped after last season. I have received many text messages from them expressing disappointing that they dropped and then complain about having to paying high prices for single game "nosebleed" seats, wherein the past they had great lower level seats.

This season has been the most fun for me since 1997. The minute each game ends I can't wait for the next. I'll be sad leaving The Barn on Thursday night knowing this is the last home game of the season.

What a blast its been!

Go Gophers!!

I have a few friends who dropped after last season. I have received many text messages from them expressing disappointing that they dropped and then complain about having to paying high prices for single game "nosebleed" seats, wherein the past they had great lower level seats.

This season has been the most fun for me since 1997. The minute each game ends I can't wait for the next. I'll be sad leaving The Barn on Thursday night knowing this is the last home game of the season.

What a blast its been!

Go Gophers!!
But it's also with great satisfaction that it is the last home game and I don't have to consider purchasing NIT tickets. Instead, I am gaming which first/second round locales I could possibly go to.

It's been a blast, of course, but it's also been nerve-wracking. The Iowa game dang near killed me, and that's not much of an exaggeration. But that's the nature of contention - you're going to age a few years in a successful season like this.

What a blast its been!

Go Gophers!!

It's always good to see loyalty rewarded. I've rattled the sabre a few times about dropping but never would and I'm glad I didn't. An exceeding expectations season may be the best reward a season ticket holder can get.

Now you can measure my reaction when Coyle boosts the donation requirement for tickets reminding us that to remain competitive they have to have more money. Isn't this the day they are going to reveal our season ticket holder perks or something?

My stomach is starting to believe. I now watch entire games and expect the Gophers to win.

Awesome.

Funny, those were the two big ten games I went to this year. Oh the emotion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a Minnesotan by birth, I could never cheer for another team! Winning close games just makes us stronger.

And yes, THIS IS FUN!!!

This year has been a blast and the future looks bright, good time to be a season ticket holder. As Bleed mentioned, I will be sad walking out of the Barn for the final time this season. I am really happy for my son, as Rouser Jr has been a big Gopher fan despite rarely, if ever, watching a meaningful victory at home. He has been present for some crazy wins this year (Iowa, Indy, even Arkansas got him going). Its fun to have him witness how great the Barn truly can be..

Haven't had this much fun since the Clem years, by far. Really excited for the tourney, as for the first time in forever, I feel like we can do damage.

Top Bottom