Wisky and MSU

Moonlight

Reaction score
Who do we pull for in this?
MSU losing is good for us in terms of keeping them out of the competition for the double bye
Wisconsin losing - do we have a mathematical shot at first place that would override the above?
They can't both lose. For me this isn't an issue of who I'd like to see win the game, but who I'd prefer to be hurt by the loss.

I think the chance of us winning the conference is remote.

I think we pull for WI and lock up the double-buy for the tourney? I might be wrong about this...

An MSU loss has the potential to help us the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm hoping MSU just so Wiscy can lose even more momentum and be down a bit when we play them. They've lost 3 of their last 4 and I wouldn't mind it be 4 of their last 5 after today.

I think we pull for WI and lock up the double-buy for the tourney? I might be wrong about this...

I will NEVER root for Wisconsin. Double-bye be damned!

Well....unless they are playing Kentucky in the tournament. :)

How risk averse are you? A wisconsin win gives us a great chance at the double bye. A Michigan State win makes it easier to potentially finish above wisconsin and maybe 2nd. Personally, I'm neutral between the options and will probably root against wisconsin instinctually.

I get that an MSU loss is good for us but I can't under any circumstance cheer for a WI win. EVER!

MSU winning would give us a decent shot to get an equal or better seed than Wisconsin in the tournament, which would be pretty cool. I think if we can beat Wisconsin, then we'd want MSU to win today, which I think would give us a tiebreakerover them, via our win over Purdue, and the 2 seed in the conference tournament.

If we're trying to get a share of the big ten title, cheer for MSU.

If we're just trying to lock up the double bye, cheer for Wisconsin.

Purdue might be the only ranked team in B1G after this week(might we join them?), and in this weaker than usual conference, the Badgers could finish outside the top 4 which the haven't done in absurd amount of years. Crazy thing, this wasn't a rebuilding year, they have many experienced players, and were expected to be in the hunt in April. Safe to say Gaard is no Bo.

Purdue isn't losing to Northwestern again so we aren't tying for the title - I never want to see Wisconsin win.

Looking like MSU, we shall see.

Looking back through their season game by game, Wisconsin might be the most overrated team in the country.

Looks like come down to wire

I'm deriving some pleasure at being annoyed with Wisconsin for being so wimpy. I'm risk averse, so I kind of wanted to see MSU lose. Kind of.
I really want that double bye

I'm deriving some pleasure at being annoyed with Wisconsin for being so wimpy. I'm risk averse, so I kind of wanted to see MSU lose. Kind of.
I really want that double bye

I don't think Michigan State will lose again, which means no better than 1-1 finish for Maryland. In that scenario, Gophers only need one more win.

Calling it now, MSU wins out, Gophers win out and then we meet in big ten tourney title game. That would be one for the ages...

Gotta give it to izzo for how he ended that game with Harris. Also props for the badger players for their sportsmanship.

Calling it now, MSU wins out, Gophers win out and then we meet in big ten tourney title game. That would be one for the ages...

We got worked by MSU with bridges. They are not a good matchup for us.

Well We overrated a bit, think we're a 20-30 team in the nation not 10-20...add in that Koenig was hurt for a couple games (starting freshman at pg in big10 play is not ideal) and playing away in the big ten is tough. With that said I could see an early exit in the tournament.

Regarding GG not being BO, well he isn't. He is a better recruiter but not yet the X's and O's coach that Bo was...not many people are as Bo is a HOF coach. Plus he doesn't work the refs like Bo did :)

We got worked by MSU with bridges. They are not a good matchup for us.

We also couldn't hit a shot to save our lives. Seemed like all of our looks in the paint would roll off the rim. They also don't have Eron Harris now, and we're still very hot at the moment.

Top Bottom