USF basketball player's mother goes on Twitter rant after team leaves son at airport

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

After suffering an 82-68 loss to Tulsa on Thursday night, the USF basketball team made its way back to Tampa the next morning.

The only problem is they left without two players, Troy Holston and Geno Thorpe, who fell asleep waiting for the team’s connecting flight in Houston. When they woke up, the team plane was still at the gate, but it was too late to board, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

The school later found tickets for the two to complete the rest of the trip, but the damage was already done for Holston’s mother, who wasn’t a happy camper about the mess. She went on a Twitter rant to let everyone know about it, and told the Tampa Bay Times: “It’s very disappointing, and it’s a reflection of how terrible a program the men’s basketball program is.”

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...witter-rant-after-team-leaves-son-at-airport/

Go Gophers!!

My boy 2 tire take care of hissef. I say coach shud wake him 4 flight an not 4 get him at airport. @bballmama95

A little PERSONAL responsibility goes a long way....

Did they go off away from the rest of the team to sleep?

If the whole team was nearby, it seems like someone would have woken them up.

If they were in a different part of the airport, did they expect the coaches to hunt them down to get them on the plane?

The fact that no one even inquired about them says all you need to know about the team chemistry. I'm pretty sure the record reflects this as well

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom