New Goldy Gopher "Row the Boat" Bobblehead to be made

BleedGopher

Reaction score
47_large.png

This bobblehead features Goldy Gopher, mascot of the Minnesota Golden Gophers, rowing a boat. On January 6th, 2017, the University of Minnesota introduced P.J. Fleck as the new head coach of the Golden Gophers' football team, and Fleck is bringing his "Row the Boat" mantra to the Twin Cities. It will be produced exclusively for the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum and is officially licensed by the University of Minnesota and the NCAA.

https://store.bobbleheadhall.com/collections/featured-product/products/goldy?variant=39502538567

Go Gophers!!

Interesting. I'm thinking that $40.00 is a little steep. I'm also thinking that perhaps this "Bobble Head" is made of higher quality or are you paying for the name of the "Bobble Head Hall of Fame and Museum." Thoughts?

Stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're going to sell a boatload of these. They'll make a great stocking stuffer.

Interesting. I'm thinking that $40.00 is a little steep. I'm also thinking that perhaps this "Bobble Head" is made of higher quality or are you paying for the name of the "Bobble Head Hall of Fame and Museum." Thoughts?

I agree. $40 seems like a lot. $20 is more like what I was expecting. They're probably made in China for 50 cents each.

I'd get one but yeah $40 is too steep. I'd expect $25 at the most. World Series ones were $30

New Goldy Gopher "Row the Boat" Bobblehead to be made

I'd get one but yeah $40 is too steep. I'd expect $25 at the most. World Series ones were $30

But what if this one has operable oars?

I'm in! Four of them - one each in our season ticket group. Speaking of which, they should give one to each season ticket holder.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm in! Four of them - one each in our season ticket group. Speaking of which, they should give one to each season ticket holder.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
that announcement comes this week.

Making a $40 dollar investment into Gopher fans..... (Wanted to charge $25 but that would have made them look cheap...)

Why? Care to elaborate?

Row the Boat is PJ Fleck, not the U. It can be a motto, but it's not a University brand. The university should use their brand, and market that. If PJ was to leave, the RTB goes with him.

Every program has a "rallying cry", - Brick by Brick, for example. However, the U still stays bigger than a motto or rallying cry. RTB became bigger than WMU, and now it's gone. He should be building a program brand, not a personal brand.

47_large.png

This bobblehead features Goldy Gopher, mascot of the Minnesota Golden Gophers, rowing a boat. On January 6th, 2017, the University of Minnesota introduced P.J. Fleck as the new head coach of the Golden Gophers' football team, and Fleck is bringing his "Row the Boat" mantra to the Twin Cities. It will be produced exclusively for the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum and is officially licensed by the University of Minnesota and the NCAA.

https://store.bobbleheadhall.com/collections/featured-product/products/goldy?variant=39502538567

Go Gophers!!

Sad...

Row the Boat is PJ Fleck, not the U. It can be a motto, but it's not a University brand. The university should use their brand, and market that. If PJ was to leave, the RTB goes with him.

Every program has a "rallying cry",

Yes every program has a "rallying cry," but you also have to remember that every coach has a "rallying cry." There is nothing wrong with doing something different at the U. Build by brick worked well for a while, but now we need something to take that next step. We had regress a bit in recruiting etc, during the last couple years. I'm all for doing something different as people can fall into a rut differently.

RTB goldy bobbleheads shipped last week

I received my bobblehead and it looks good like the pictures that were released in April. Certainly happy to have it... but
For $40 and 'limited edition' I was surprised that mine is numbered x of 1200 - that is a large number for a limited edition collectable.
Based on that there was no reason to pre-order as they have a bunch they are still selling through their site and it sounds like they will be for sale in the bookstore as well.

Man $40 for that..

I prefer something more traditional, this is what the only one I own looks like:

Goldy%2BAlumni.jpg

Man $40 for that..

I prefer something more traditional, this is what the only one I own looks like:

I like both of those, but hard to pick a favorite -maybe the hockey goldy with the gold jersey or the two swimming goldy versions.
#RTB goldy is my 44th different Goldy / UofM bobblehead so there are plenty of different bobbleheads out there that can be had inexpensively based on collectors preference. probably 80% of those you can get for much less than $40 if you can find them.

Why? Care to elaborate?

Every new coach has his catch phrase, battle cry if you wish. This whole "Row the boat" thing has been blown to insane levels. Would mean more if it would have been confined to the team and their motivation going forward. Its over the top and has been old now for a couple of months. T shirts, flags, hats, now a bobble head. The new culture of the program is not about us baby boomers anymore, its about the the rising fan base. This baby boomer thinks it has become stupid.

For those thinking it's too expensive, compare to the $35 Zach LaVine 2015 Slam Dunk Contest Winner bobblehead. I'm guessing those are flying off the shelves in preparation of Zach playing for Chicago next season... :)

https://store.bobbleheadhall.com/products/zachlavine?variant=26823997703

The $40 is high, but Ithe forever collectibles design/size is more substantial than that LaVine bobblehead and so compared based on price it seems warranted.

I was commenting more on the exclusivity.

When you compare, the LaVine bobblehead is limited to 144 (and they still couldn't sell them), but the limited run to me justifies a higher price for the exclusivity and if he was a more popular player, they would have sold them out 2 years ago. 1200 RTB bobbleheads means they were able to order them for less per bobblehead (from China) and instead of only being available for presale or limited release, they will be in the market much longer as it will take time to sell however many they have left.

Top Bottom