Souhan: Gophers' turnaround season is fun for Pitino, too

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Souhan:

So … how differently is Pitino being treated around town than a year ago?

“Oh man,” he said. “People weren’t talking to me. Everybody is very friendly, but this is what you dream of, to play well, to get the fan support, to get the city behind you. Because this state is so proud not only of basketball but of the university and when it’s good, it’s awesome.

“It’s fun. It’s fun to be the Gopher basketball coach right now, and I think we’ve really turned the corner.”

The last Gophers team to improve by seven conference victories and reach 10 Big Ten victories was led by a senior guard (Aaron Robinson) and a junior scorer (Vincent Grier). The 2004-05 Gophers were shallow and not built to last.

This team is. Only one rotation player is a senior — Springs. The Gophers’ most important freshmen, sophomores and recruits have star potential.

If Pitino wins big, a national power eventually will bid for him. But he’s not leaving for South Florida this summer, and Gophers fans should relax and realize that the best thing that could happen to Gophers basketball this season is happening:

Richard Pitino has become the kind of coach other schools want to hire.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-turnaround-season-is-fun-for-richard-pitino-too/414796883/

Go Gophers!!

We don't need you jimmy. Go cover the twins shortstop controversy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't read. I wouldn't be opposed to banning his articles from GH.

Top Bottom