Where were all the rich people?

1967 2.0

Banned
Reaction score
Was at the game today, great atmosphere! Looked like it was sold out, however, at least 80% of the Barn Lofts were completely empty! The blue collars did their job but the white collars were nowhere to be found. What gives?

Side note, our own groundhog of an AD was spotted in a loft near our upper deck seats. He quickly grabbed some food and scrambled back to his hole not to be seen again!

Was at the game today, great atmosphere! Looked like it was sold out, however, at least 80% of the Barn Lofts were completely empty! The blue collars did their job but the white collars were nowhere to be found. What gives?

Side note, our own groundhog of an AD was spotted in a loft near our upper deck seats. He quickly grabbed some food and scrambled back to his hole not to be seen again!

Mature used to sit with us regular folk.:mad:

Maturi was there today amongst the commoners today shaking hands in the concourse while decked out in gopher gear.

Didn't see Joel today. Had my eye on Sid's hot new girlfriend.

Noticed the same thing. Lot of empty seats in the lower sidelines.

Been to 10 plus games this year and Coyle has been at nearly all. Granted his seats are better than mine...but he hasn't been hiding.

Yeah, Coyle was sitting in his usual seats near mid court, near Fleck & Kaler. As far as the Barn Lofts...have you ever sat in them? Other than the food & open seating - horrible seats. Don't care if I ever sit up there again. I think they are a tough sell for basketball fans...

Talked with Coach Fleck for 20 minutes. Most charisma in 50 years in the Athletic Department and very good for hoops as he will sell and support all that is Maroon.

He fired Claeys, hired PJ and kept Pitino. That's a great few months work.

All you rich people need to step up those donations too. Wana be bigtime and play with the big boys? It's not cheap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Barn Lofts are garbage. If I had the money to sit wherever I wanted inside Williams, I would never choose to be up there.

In the meantime, I'll take my cheap bleacher seats and yell from above like the rest of us normal folk.

If you know what he looks like. I've been at every game except 1 and I don't think he's ever been introduced.

Introducing him seems counterproductive. A smattering of boos and some weak claps don't help the vibe in The Barn.

In all my years of going to gopher sports, I don't know if I've ever seen them introduce an AD. Maybe I'm wrong?

Introducing him seems counterproductive. A smattering of boos and some weak claps don't help the vibe in The Barn.

In all my years of going to gopher sports, I don't know if I've ever seen them introduce an AD. Maybe I'm wrong?

That's not the point. Merely keeping up the GH tradition of bitching about the AD because ... well, because those of us who spend too much time on the internet could obviously do a much better job.

The Barn Lofts are garbage. If I had the money to sit wherever I wanted inside Williams, I would never choose to be up there.

In the meantime, I'll take my cheap bleacher seats and yell from above like the rest of us normal folk.

I'll second that. I've sat up there. The viewing angle gave me vertigo. A dorm fridge full of crappy beer doesn't make up for a terrible viewing angle.

If I had the money to sit wherever I want...I would sit where I sit.

Top Bottom