Elijah Teague Commit?

Wow! What a great start to this recruiting class!

I always look at offers and not rankings, these first few kids are quite impressive...hope they stick!

Go Gophs!

Who is Benny? I thought i heard Bryce Paup recruited him?

Hageman had a great offer list (Ohio St, Florida, Oklahoma) but technically he was a tight end recruit. He moved to defense in fall camp.

Richardson has been very productive in his career. His recruit status wasn't impressive though. Gophers were his only P5 offer.

We were the only school considering Hageman to be a TE.

It's nice to hit on a big time Chicago DT after missing out on Milan and Watts over the last few years.

I always look at offers and not rankings, these first few kids are quite impressive...hope they stick!

Go Gophs!

Yep, I also put way more stock in offers then stars. My personal feeling is if you want to be able to compete with the rest of your conference you need to be consistently landing guys that have offers to play for your direct competition. There is nothing wrong with also bringing in under the radar guys that might develop into something down the line but they can't be the lifeblood of your team.

Row the Boat!!!

Looking at his video it's hard to imagine this kid is a junior. Great upside. Impressive strength.

Is Elijah any relation to our past great (he got us Pitino) AD Norwood?

Chicago Tribune: Marist's Elijah Teague ends intrigue, commits to Minnesota

Marist's Elijah Teague had a detailed game plan regarding his college selection.

The junior defensive tackle had a extensive list of unofficial visits scheduled for the next few months.

"I have gone on a lot of visits, and had visits planned to Michigan State, Kansas State, Wisconsin, a big one to Oklahoma and Texas," said Teague, a three-star recruit according to 247Sports.com's composite ratings.

Nowhere on his schedule was a trip to Minnesota.

Teague had already made two visits to Minnesota, but after a coaching change, he scratched the Golden Gophers off his list.

"I didn't want to even go to Minnesota for a visit," Teague said. "My coach (Pat Dunne) persuaded me to go. I was planning to go to Michigan State (last) Sunday. He asked me to go and give the new staff a try.

"Minnesota wasn't on my list of schools after the coaching change. I wasn't going there thinking anything."

Teague met last weekend for the first time with new Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck, a Kaneland and Northern Illinois graduate. Fleck, in a matter of a few hours, made a big impression.

The 6-foot-3, 298-pound Teague, the East Suburban Catholic Conference Defensive MVP, made a verbal commitment last Saturday to Minnesota.

Teague's commitment caught many recruiting analysts off guard. He had offers from every Power Five conference among his nearly 30 offers, most notably from Tennessee, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Louisville, Penn State and South Carolina.

"I told myself I will know when the time is right," Teague said. "I just knew that this is right and this is where I wanted to be, where I see myself playing for the next three or four years.

"Toward the end of my visit, me and coach Fleck were sitting in his office talking and everything he said made sense. I was liking everything that weekend, what all the coaches were saying."

Like many recruits before him, Teague was captivated by Fleck's boundless energy and vision for Minnesota's program.

The Golden Gophers finished 9-4 last season, defeating Washington State in the Holiday Bowl game. Minnesota, which competes in the Big Ten West, has participated in five straight bowl games and have won the last three.

"(Coach Fleck) has a lot of juice," Teague said. "I love that about him. His background speaks for itself and what he did at Western Michigan. He can do the same thing at Minnesota, and I wanted to be a part of that when all is said and done."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-recruiting-notes-st-0303-20170302-story.html

Go Gophers!!

Marist's Elijah Teague had a detailed game plan regarding his college selection.

The junior defensive tackle had a extensive list of unofficial visits scheduled for the next few months.

"I have gone on a lot of visits, and had visits planned to Michigan State, Kansas State, Wisconsin, a big one to Oklahoma and Texas," said Teague, a three-star recruit according to 247Sports.com's composite ratings.

Teague had already made two visits to Minnesota, but after a coaching change, he scratched the Golden Gophers off his list.

"I didn't want to even go to Minnesota for a visit," Teague said. "My coach (Pat Dunne) persuaded me to go. I was planning to go to Michigan State (last) Sunday. He asked me to go and give the new staff a try.

"Minnesota wasn't on my list of schools after the coaching change. I wasn't going there thinking anything."

Teague met last weekend for the first time with new Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck, a Kaneland and Northern Illinois graduate. Fleck, in a matter of a few hours, made a big impression.

The 6-foot-3, 298-pound Teague, the East Suburban Catholic Conference Defensive MVP, made a verbal commitment last Saturday to Minnesota.

Teague's commitment caught many recruiting analysts off guard. He had offers from every Power Five conference among his nearly 30 offers, most notably from Tennessee, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Louisville, Penn State and South Carolina.

"I told myself I will know when the time is right," Teague said. "I just knew that this is right and this is where I wanted to be, where I see myself playing for the next three or four years.

"Toward the end of my visit, me and coach Fleck were sitting in his office talking and everything he said made sense. I was liking everything that weekend, what all the coaches were saying."

Like many recruits before him, Teague was captivated by Fleck's boundless energy and vision for Minnesota's program.

The Golden Gophers finished 9-4 last season, defeating Washington State in the Holiday Bowl game. Minnesota, which competes in the Big Ten West, has participated in five straight bowl games and have won the last three.

Go Gophers!!

Sure felt like a loss to Mizzou. But what do I know. Fact checking is dead. I have to call FAKE NEWS.

God if PJ can become a player in the Chicagoland recruiting scene it will portend elite things for this program. As a native of the area he knows the talent that's here, now he just has to go get it. Teague is a great start.

Teague believes in Fleck? Interesting. Some of the more skeptical posters here at GHole still need to be recruited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"(Coach Fleck) has a lot of juice," Teague said. "I love that about him. His background speaks for itself and what he did at Western Michigan. He can do the same thing at Minnesota, and I wanted to be a part of that when all is said and done."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-recruiting-notes-st-0303-20170302-story.html

Go Gophers!!

Not to beat a dead horse but I can't help thinking we would never read something like this about Tracy Claeys and a potential recruit.

Fleck is a closer. I can't believe he got that guy to commit that quickly.

Not to beat a dead horse but I can't help thinking we would never read something like this about Tracy Claeys and a potential recruit.

Didn't the article say he visited MN twice while TC was coach?

Didn't the article say he visited MN twice while TC was coach?

Didn't know visiting was the same as getting someone to commit two days after you meet them. Learn something new everyday.

I wonder why the article doesn't mention how Fleck forced Teague to commit that day. Pretty sure that was the story we were fed by some Illini bobo.

He clearly liked the previous staff; he crossed Minnesota off his list after the coaching change. Kudos to Fleck for getting him back.

Top Bottom