Elijah Teague Commit?

Johnnyboy18

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Holy sh*t that's huge.

I saw him sitting behind the Gopher bench with Benny today. They should have every recruit hang out with Benny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy sh*t that's huge.

I saw him sitting behind the Gopher bench with Benny today. They should have every recruit hang out with Benny.

woo!

Still early, but it Jumped our rating up - Teague is commit No. 4 for Fleck and company in the 2018 class, which now ranks No. 24 overall in the country.

Really exciting addition. If we can get them on campus we have to like our chances with the Fleck and Benny combo!

The offer lists of our 4 recruits are pretty impressive. Per 247:

Elijah Teague - Oklahoma, wisconsin, Tennessee, Penn State, Missouri, Louisville, Kansas, State, South Carolina, Washington State, Syracuse, Rutgers, Boston College, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State

Benjamin Sapp III - Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Georgia, Louisville, Michigan, Miami, Michigan State, Kentucky, N.C. State, Maryland, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, West Virginia

Jalen Mayfield - Michigan State, Iowa

Brennan Armstrong - North Carolina, Virginia, Rutgers, Iowa State

Welcome, Elijah, to a school with a great football tradition - right at the top - and with new young coaches, new facilities and loads of energy and optimism. Academically, the school is outstanding. Find fulfillment, new friends, and a launching pad for careers to come!

Wow. This is really impressive!

They say DT is the hardest position to recruit and PJ already nabbed a good one.

Excellent. Props to Benny. Not only an awesome recruit.....but also an awesome recruiter!

Welcome, Elijah!

Great pickup. Welcome aboard! Pretty impressive video.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4012545/5848c0ff5b3cb0180c4aa049' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Impressive player and recruiting coup by PJ. It's safe to say the class is off to a good start.

We have heard ad nauseum how hard it is to recruit DTs. The last staff didn't get one to stick in the last 3 years.

Fleck has been here less than 8 weeks and he lands the best DT recruit we have had in the modern era. Think about that.

Go Gophers!!

Maybe not the best

We have heard ad nauseum how hard it is to recruit DTs. The last staff didn't get one to stick in the last 3 years.

Fleck has been here less than 8 weeks and he lands the best DT recruit we have had in the modern era. Think about that.

I think Ra' Shede Hageman would argue with that and Steven Richarson might have something to say about that before things are done. However, if you are looking at offers before they became a player for Minnesota you could have something there but I think Hageman had offers from all the big boys. Just nice to get DT. Hopefully, we can add even more.

I think we hire Benny perennially to be head of recruiting even if his knee isn't back to primo status. This is a really impressive get.

I think Ra' Shede Hageman would argue with that and Steven Richarson might have something to say about that before things are done. However, if you are looking at offers before they became a player for Minnesota you could have something there but I think Hageman had offers from all the big boys. Just nice to get DT. Hopefully, we can add even more.

I said recruit.

Hageman had a great offer list (Ohio St, Florida, Oklahoma) but technically he was a tight end recruit. He moved to defense in fall camp.

Richardson has been very productive in his career. His recruit status wasn't impressive though. Gophers were his only P5 offer.

Top Bottom