Playing Maryland.
Help us get a double bye.

Is it worth it?

Big ten championship scenario
Purdue loses out
Michigan state wins out
Gophers win out

= champs...no worse than a 6 way tie

The dream of the 1 seed is alive with a Terps loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both teams are shooting the lights out. Defense optional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely worth it.

If Maryland can lose again, I can then pull for Michigan State to beat Wisconsin and not have to worry if MSU ties the Gophers in the standings, right?

And do we pull for Indiana today to knock Northwestern down a rung too?

Remaining schedules for double-byes

Minnesota - 10-6 | Nebraska, @Wisconsin Worst 10-8, Best 12-6

Purdue - 12-4 | Indiana, @NW Worst 12-6, Best 14-4. Likely 14-4
Wisc - 11-4 | @MSU, Iowa, Minnesota Worst 11-7, Best 14-4, Guess 13-5
Maryland - 10-5 | Iowa, @Rutgers, MSU Worst 10-8, Best 13-5, Guess 12-6
MSU - 9-6 | Wisc, @Ill, @MD , Worst 9-9, Best 12-6, Guess 11-7
Northwestern - 9-6 | @Ind, Mich, Purdue, Worst 9-9, Best 12-6. Guess 10-8

We coming!

35l972c.jpg

Big ten championship scenario
Purdue loses out
Michigan state wins out
Gophers win out

= champs...no worse than a 6 way tie

Maryland needs a loss too.

EDIT: NVM, I see MSU plays Maryland.

I think it's ok, if you're wearing your "Who Hates Iowa" T-shirt at the same time

I don't think its worth it.

Takes the shine off of our beating them. Also, we played Maryland twice, Iowa only once, so it hurts our rpi more if Iowa wins. Also could cost us a signature win if Maryland falls out of the Top 25 of the rpi.

If the Gophers finished 1st or 2nd in the B1G regular season simply because all the top teams lost, it would just lessen the value of winning the regular season title.

Better if we barely finish 4th, knowing we beat the Top 3 on each of their home floors and that we are playing the best bb in the conference.

Better if those 3 finish out strong and we then beat them in the BTT.

Takes the shine off of our beating them. Also, we played Maryland twice, Iowa only once, so it hurts our rpi more if Iowa wins. Also could cost us a signature win if Maryland falls out of the Top 25 of the rpi.

If the Gophers finished 1st or 2nd in the B1G regular season simply because all the top teams lost, it would just lessen the value of winning the regular season title.

Better if we barely finish 4th, knowing we beat the Top 3 on each of their home floors and that we are playing the best bb in the conference.

I'd rather see the top teams in a tail spin come tourney time with us on the rise and peaking - I hope they all lose.

Our RPI doesn't matter as much at this point. I mean, it does, and it doesn't.

The win over MD is far better than the setback of Iowa beating them.
Our RPI isn't going to drop too far at this point regardless.

It's also better in a hockey game to keep the score 0-0 as long as possible, instead of jumping out to a 2-0 lead and having to hang on.

Bohannon is 8-9 from 3 for Iowa. I think Hoffarber did that once for us. Nice to see him at halftime today.

27 3s in the game, it's an NBA game disguised as a college game.

Remaining schedules for double-byes

Purdue - 12-4 | Indiana, @NW Worst 12-6, Best 14-4. Likely 14-4
Wisc - 11-4 | @MSU, Iowa, Minnesota Worst 11-7, Best 14-4, Guess 13-5

Minnesota - 10-6 | Nebraska, @Wisconsin Worst 10-8, Best 12-6

Maryland - 10-6 | @Rutgers, MSU Worst 10-8, Best 13-5, Guess 12-6
MSU - 9-6 | Wisc, @Ill, @MD , Worst 9-9, Best 12-6, Guess 11-7
Northwestern - 9-6 | @Ind, Mich, Purdue, Worst 9-9, Best 12-6. Guess 10-8

Updated

Top Bottom