Converted Pitino Skeptic

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
I didn't think Pitino had what it took. I was wrong.

This guy can recruit and coach em up. He can build a special program here. Get out the check book and give him Fleck money.

This guy can recruit and coach em up. He can build a special program here. Get out the check book and give him Fleck money.

Kudos to you for publicly stating your conversion.

A lot of crow being eaten around town. It's likely why it took until this game for the Barn to sell out. Hopping on the band wagon takes a process for some to admit they were wrong about Pitino. Welcome back! It's going to be a fun and exciting ride, more the merrier.

yup, we have something. The two next recruiting classes might bring us to elite status!

Welcome, I respect your honesty. The Pitino bandwagon was lonely last year, but a few of us kept the faith. When you grab a young coach with potential, you have to go through some growing pains and hope it pays off. I really think we have the makings of a very good coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did it take so long?

Cpach Pitino has been disrespected since day one around here.

I mean, the only reason he got the job is because of his last name......make sure to dump on him.

He was a very low risk, high reward hire and it looks like he is developing into a good one.

He was a very low risk, high reward hire and it looks like he is developing into a good one.

This has been a fun season and I am thrilled for the players and Pitino. Still waiting to hear from Mr. Negative , 'lil Les Bolstad. He said he would call coach by his given name when his Big record was above .330. He is now @ .371- Boom !

I was convinced during that 5 game losing streak. Even though we lost the games, the players still gave everything they had and were super fun to watch. They never quit. I never had a sense that we couldn't win the game. Pitino doesn't bench players for making a mistake like some former coaches did, so they are emboldened and play more freely. Towards the end of the year, like now, it is paying off. Like I said before on one of my few posts, Richard Pitino is the beginning of a Minnesota basketball dynasty!!!

This has been a fun season and I am thrilled for the players and Pitino. Still waiting to hear from Mr. Negative , 'lil Les Bolstad. He said he would call coach by his given name when his Big record was above .330. He is now @ .371- Boom !

By the way... That's only going up buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the pieces are in place for long term success. We just need to see on-going fan support and administration investment.

Why did it take so long?

Cpach Pitino has been disrespected since day one around here.

I mean, the only reason he got the job is because of his last name......make sure to dump on him.

This is also what pissed me off around here! U want younger coaches th drive to win! I was at Michigan game and still disappointed in pregame with lack applause for Richard! We just turned this thing around from bottom feeder to top 3 in one freaking year. 4 total but one year! Let's start giving this man the applause, respect, backing, appreciation this man deserves.

You were not alone with your concerns and then conversion this year. He has also put a great assistant coaching staff together, which has has not really been talked about much. The 'elite' kids from Minnesota would not sign with the Gophers this year after the 8 win season. Coach Kimani Young's connections and recruiting ability gave us 2 great guards coming into the program from out east, not to mention McBrayer a couple of years ago. Ed Conroy was a great stabilizing addition this year. Ben Johnson obviously is a great asset as a coach and from recruiting Minnesota. I don't really know much about the rest of staff, but Pitino needs to be given credit for putting that staff together and keeping it together.

I was all in until last year and with the sex scandals, the lousy play, it was painful to support...I saw a lot of good the first year with the NIT Championship....but this year I have to say, has been the most fun year to be a fan...since the beginning of non-conference...anyone could see the positive energy and the never give up. This is a well coached team, playing with players who for the most part, weren't highly recruited. So hats off to Pitino and his coaching staff. What I love most is the selfless play of every single player on the team. They are greater than the sum of their parts which is going to make it tough on other teams. In addition, I think last year's debacle helped them appreciate winning and not giving up. We have a 15 RPI are in 4th place in the B1G and climbing....fun, fun, fun, fun....and wow for next year. We get another great point guard and Fitzgerald and only loss is Springs. Wowsa...

I'm not sure that Coach Pitino is the best X's and O's strategist, but when he can bring in the higher-end talent it masks that weakness. Take, for example, Amir Coffey... he was sleepwalking through the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, but then after a few offensive possessions where Mason chucked up a too-early 3-pt attempt, Coffey rose to the challenge and had multiple all-conference level drives to the hole. Talent wins games and Pitino is upgrading the talent base. I'm loving it.

Tied for third with Maryland - MSU has a game today and can also tie for third

Top Bottom