Will the Gophers have the highest or 2nd highest NCAA tourney bid?

37score

Reaction score
At this point, a strong finish and decent BTT results, we may end up with a higher NCAA seed than Wisconsin, Purdue, Maryland, or MSU.

Thoughts?

Don't know enough about how it works, but sign me up.

At this point, a strong finish and decent BTT results, we may end up with a higher NCAA seed than Wisconsin, Purdue, Maryland, or MSU.

Thoughts?

Yes, Minnesota could end up with a better NCAA tourney seed than all the other B1G teams, if they beat Nebraska and then Wisconsin and keep playing like they have been, unless they lose in the NCAA tourney to Purdue, than they might get the same seed or one less than Purdue?

But I'm figuring Minnesota to win the BTT title and get a #3 seed.

Purdue would drop down to a #5 and Maryland will either be a #4 or a #5 and Wisconsin will be lucky to get a #6 if they lose to us. Michigan could move up ahead of Wisconsin at the rate they are going.

We will definitely be ranked after this weekend, and even though that shouldn't matter in my opinion, it helps in perception. It seems as though we're solidifying a spot between a 3 and 5 seed.

We will definitely be ranked after this weekend, and even though that shouldn't matter in my opinion, it helps in perception. It seems as though we're solidifying a spot between a 3 and 5 seed.

You think we jump ~10 spots? I'm a little skeptical although I hope we do.

Most brackets have us 6-9 so I guess about 10 spots is a +1-4 right��

Many now have us as a 5 seed or high 6 seed. Same as Wisconsin.

Purdue is currently a 4.

Looking at only the brackets that updated either today or yesterday, 3 of them have Minnesota as a #4 seed, 17 have them as a #5 seed, 21 have them as a #6 seed and only 1 has us as a #7 seed.

I predict that we win more games than Purdue does before the Selection committee makes their decision, including possibly beating them heads up in the B1G Conf Tourney, resulting in Minnesota getting a #3 seed and Purdue a #4 seed. Now I know that is a very high degree of expectation, and if we go 2-2 to finish and get a #7 seed, I'll still be pleased with Pitino and the team. But my guess is that everyone hopes I am right!!

Top Bottom