Can someone outline reasons to explain the Big Ten isn't down this year?

Hmm, It's tough to say it isn't down. It is.

But, as others have pointed out, We aren't too far off from being very good as a conference.

Say for instance the Gophers had won against MSU, @PSU, Maryland and against WIS. They would be 14-2 an 26-3, ranked in the top 10 for certain. But this is not the case for any B1G team so the outlook of the conference to everyone is they are down. Plus, we lost the ACC/B1G challenge and the ACC is considered down.

So we look worse to all.

I tell you what though, ask how many coaches are going to want to face Michigan, Michigan State or the Gophers right now. All three of these teams are peaking!

So which conferences are up because in my eyes the ACC is the best conference and the Big East and Big Ten are the next 2. Big 12 has one great team and a bunch of teams that are on par with the Big Ten and Pac-12 has 3 upper echelon teams but they all have flaws where I don't know if they are really that much better than Purdue

I'd go:

1. Pac-12
2. Big East
3. ACC
4. Big 12
5. B1G

There 't much separation though top to bottom.

I'd go:

1. Pac-12
2. Big East
3. ACC
4. Big 12
5. B1G

There 't much separation though top to bottom.

Who are the Pac-12 teams other than UCLA, ORE, and Arizona. CAL is a bubble team waiting to burst as well as USC so no way Pac-12 is the top conference, Big East is top heavy but 7 out of 10 teams going to the dance is very likely and you can't argue with the strength of the Big East but the ACC is the top conference there are 6 legit final 4 contenders. Big 12 is overrated and the Big 10 is underrated because people don't see a Final 4 team but the conference has the most depth in the NCAA.

My 2 cents?

1. ACC (elite at the top, and deep)
2. Big East (only DePaul is a total dog)
3. B1G (only 1 team, Purdue, capable of Elite 8 run, but a lot of solid teams, even Rutgers has improved significantly)
4. Big XII (1 elite team in KU but league is overrated)
5. Pac 12 (top 3 are really good, after that. ...)

My 2 cents?

1. ACC (elite at the top, and deep)
2. Big East (only DePaul is a total dog)
3. B1G (only 1 team, Purdue, capable of Elite 8 run, but a lot of solid teams)
4. Big XII (1 elite team in KU but league is overrated)
5. Pac 12 (top 3 are really good, after that. ...)

I agree 100%. That's why it's so frustrating seeing Big 12 teams getting more pub than we are

Who are the Pac-12 teams other than UCLA, ORE, and Arizona. CAL is a bubble team waiting to burst as well as USC so no way Pac-12 is the top conference, Big East is top heavy but 7 out of 10 teams going to the dance is very likely and you can't argue with the strength of the Big East but the ACC is the top conference there are 6 legit final 4 contenders. Big 12 is overrated and the Big 10 is underrated because people don't see a Final 4 team but the conference has the most depth in the NCAA.
Don't let facts distract you.

I really don't see the ACC as having 6 final 4 contenders. Outside of UNC and FSU the rest are flawed. And UNC is overrated.

Don't let facts distract you.

I really don't see the ACC as having 6 final 4 contenders. Outside of UNC and FSU the rest are flawed. And UNC is overrated.

I think UNC FSU Louisville Duke are legit Final 4 contenders and Notre Dame and Virginia will be dangerous during the Tourney. No way is the Pac 12 the best conference

I think UNC FSU Louisville Duke are legit Final 4 contenders and Notre Dame and Virginia will be dangerous during the Tourney. No way is the Pac 12 the best conference

Why do I always forget about Louisville in the ACC?

Pac 12 has Oregon, UCLA and Arizona as legit Final 4 contenders.

Why do I always forget about Louisville in the ACC?

Pac 12 has Oregon, UCLA and Arizona as legit Final 4 contenders.

But the rest of the conference are worse than B1G teams that are 2 through 12

1. ACC (Have a shot at ten teams getting into the field)
2. Big East (What puts them over the Big Ten is having a team like Nova at the top, otherwise pretty similar leagues with depth)
3. B1G (Most depth top to bottom in Amerca, alot of teams that are capable of getting hot in March, but no sure fire elite squad)
4. Big 12 (Kansas is great, Baylor and WVU are good, otherwise teams like Okie State, and Texas tech are pretty meh. Nice to see TCU shoot up.
5. PAC 12 ( Little less depth than the Big 12, great top three, couple bubble teams and then pure ugliness)
6. SEC (Have a shot at five teams depending on how well Vandy finishes, Florida and UK are clearly one and two and they both have plenty of flaws)
7. A10 (Got the usual suspects in Dayton and VCU, Rhode Island is up, but rest of the league is underwhelming this year.
8. AAC (SMU and Cincy could get to the sweet 16, after that I guess Houston could sneak in)
9. Mizzou Valley ( Shockers and Red Birds, unfortunately for them th rest of the league is down per usual.
10. WCC (Zags are elite, St. Mary's can get to the second weekend. BYU is down this year, but are a thorn in the side of the big two. League needs another team to step it up.)

The biggest hole, in the B1G is the downfall of Indiana. Biggest waste of 2 HUGE ooc wins over UNC and Kansas.

I think the same factor will take the BE down a notch, as Xavier lost their PG and have since lost 5 in a row. So ignore their RPI, they will NOT get into the NCAA tourney unless they make a run in the BE Tourney

The biggest hole, in the B1G is the downfall of Indiana. Biggest waste of 2 HUGE ooc wins over UNC and Kansas.

I think the same factor will take the BE down a notch, as Xavier lost their PG and have since lost 5 in a row. So ignore their RPI, they will NOT get into the NCAA tourney unless they make a run in the BE Tourney

If it was MSU with those two wins, this whole story would be different, but Indiana really dropped it for the conference this year.

I think overall, with MSU being down early, Indiana falling, OSU being below average, and Michigan not surging until late, all of the brand names haven't been that strong so it makes the whole conference look weak. Meanwhile, WI and MD both kind of held firm for a bit, but both are now faltering.

Top Bottom