Double Bye

Probably the most likely scenario is Maryland beats Rutgers, loses to Michigan State and finishes 5th behind Purdue, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan State, in no particular order. Michigan State looks damn good right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes.
Ideally we will have Michigan state on the opposite side of the bracket from us regardless of our seed.

Teams I don't want to play:
Michigan State
Michigan
Iowa

Obviously other teams are tough. But you lose to Wisconsin or Purdue in the BTT it doesn't really impact the NCAA seed. Those other three could negatively impact it and I think they're tough outs.

Those 2 MSU loses are really the only thing hanging over the Gophers season and can cause damage (tiebreakers for BTT seeding - MSU seems to own a lot of the tiebreakers)

If we can eliminate MSU from the equation, I'll take that.

Having said that, if wisconsin loses - I won't lose any sleep
The ideal would be for Wisconsin to beat Michigan state and then lose to Iowa.

I believe your records are incorrect but the results the same. Maryland and MSU would both be 2-1 and we would be 1-3. Gotta root for either a Wisconsin win today (geez that's hard to type) or an upset loss for either Maryland or MSU early this week.

Remaining schedules for double-byes

Purdue - 12-4 | Indiana, @NW Worst 12-6, Best 14-4. Likely 14-4
Wisc - 11-4 | @MSU, Iowa, Minnesota Worst 11-7, Best 14-4, Guess 13-5

Minnesota - 10-6 | Nebraska, @Wisconsin Worst 10-8, Best 12-6

Maryland - 10-6 | @Rutgers, MSU Worst 10-8, Best 12-6, Guess 11-7
MSU - 9-6 | Wisc, @Ill, @MD , Worst 9-9, Best 12-6, Guess 11-7
Northwestern - 9-6 | @Ind, Mich, Purdue, Worst 9-9, Best 12-6. Guess 10-8

Wisconsin win today against Sparty and we beat the Huskers at home clinched the double bye.

The ideal would be for Wisconsin to beat Michigan state and then lose to Iowa.

Ideal is for Wisconsin to lose their last three. That's ideal. I'm fine with your scenario as a backup. :)

A bit of a dilemma today.

Wisconsin vs Michigan State

Who do we want to lose this game?

Remaining schedules after today.

Wisconsin: Iowa, Minnesota

Michigan State: @Illinois, Maryland

MSU. Maryland is in a downward spiral. If we take care of business.....we should finish above them which would make MSU a moot point. Plus it should set up a final game seeding situation with Wisconsin.

MSU. Maryland is in a downward spiral. If we take care of business.....we should finish above them which would make MSU a moot point. Plus it should set up a final game seeding situation with Wisconsin.

I would love to have a chance to finish higher than Wisconsin in the league! lets go Sparty!

Yes if we win both our last 2 games we're truly Golden. We lose to Sconnie then we need some help to avoid the 3-way tie which would push us to the 5-spot

Top Bottom