Drake/Gold Country?

Wow...never lose that book. I would love to see it (no offer forthcoming).

Blaze Battle was such a mind **** for him. He didn't like battling much, because he had so much respect for other rappers, but he had so much talent, he just let it roll and he was asked...so he did it.

Have you seen the film "The World Has No Eyedea"? It's really cool, especially for locals. His mom, Kathy is so incredibly cool too. Sincerely, try to get out to see it.

I was at the showing in MPLS. I was also at the Dedication of his park bench.

Eyedea poem book.jpg

Mines like this one but on a more yellowish paper and its colored with orange stripes. There were other designs on the cover but this is the design I have. Its signed by both him and his grandmother Margaret Schneider. I also got him to sign my VIP pass for that years SoundSet. I have them both displayed in my house inside a comic book sleeve inside of a frame. Ive got a bunch of stuff signed by Slug,Ant,and Ali but this is my Jewel.

You and I should meet up at a show. I found a little hole in the wall bar that all the Rhymesayers guys visit to watch open mic artists. One night I think I spent 2 hours talking to Ant about record digging at this place. I know theres the showing of the movie Sunday but there was a press one earlier and I work at a small TV station so its one thing I was able to finagle with my press pass

Thats the difference..You don't need to market them they are already lifelong fans and Im gonna go ahead and just assume you don't know as much on this subject as much as I do. Atmosphere already has built their own unique scene right in Downtown Minneapolis and the kids from in state are pretty insane about them. Did you even know Atmosphere and Rhymesayers currently host the worlds largest hip-hop festival right here in Minnesota? HUGE artists play it every year too. We have a unique situation to tie a program with critically acclaimed musicians who are PROUD to be Minnesotans and you'd rather take Drake? Na

Just playing "Say Shh" by Atmosphere during home games would help so much with recruits. No one my age and younger has heard that song and not been proud to be a Minnesotan.

The rumor isn't about us taking Drake, It's about him taking us. I've never heard any Rhymesayers artists repping the gophers.

Congrats,I guess that makes you an expert right?

Provincial? There are kids ALL OVER North America Ive spoken to who want to come to MN simply from the portrait that Atmosphere paints of it. I dated a girl about 5 years ago who moved to Minneapolis from Iowa because of how huge a fan she was.So many kids age 15-to their late 20's agonize that they don't have the money to simply visit their annual homecoming show's or dream of going to "SoundSet" to watch Atmosphere perform with Ice Cube,Method Man and Redman,Cypress Hill,Wiz Khalifa...But by your standards thats too Provincial right? There is a rather large contingence of fans across this country that know the RS brand. They have performed on Letterman,Conan,Leno.. I think its you who might be thinking small about how wide reaching their brand is.

We have this right here within our borders and we don't use it? Its stupid.

How do you suggest using it?

The rumor isn't about us taking Drake, It's about him taking us. I've never heard any Rhymesayers artists repping the gophers.

They played homecoming for the Students a few years ago and talked about how big of an honor it was since they were Gopher fans. HS and College kids in MN are listening to them and have been for years. EMBRACE IT! My suggestion of using "IT" is to include their music in promo's,Ad's,and play their music during games..I mean It was good enough for the Minnesota Twins to use in their promo packages before the season this year and they also opened to Imagine Dragons for the MLB All Star Game concert a few years ago. My point is that their music has a distinct Minnesota flavor that includes mentions that only Minnesotans would get like "Wellstone Bumper Stickers" "Memory Lanes" but an outsider doesn't need to understand to enjoy.

Do you guys recall the commercials of Mauer and Crew driving around downtown in a convertible? That was all set at an Atmosphere song.

First of all, that book is so cool. Totally jealous.

I was at the showing in MPLS.

The debut at St. Anthony Main? We were behind the "velvet ropes" with Brandon and Kathy afterwards and then headed off to have some c-tails, etc.

You and I should meet up at a show. I found a little hole in the wall bar that all the Rhymesayers guys visit to watch open mic artists. One night I think I spent 2 hours talking to Ant about record digging at this place. I know theres the showing of the movie Sunday but there was a press one earlier and I work at a small TV station so its one thing I was able to finagle with my press pass

I'm always down for a show (when work doesn't get in the way of my life). Always looking for new content on our show.

What you wrote

NSFW

You should check this out. Over the past year, we've had a bunch of TC rappers in studio for what we call "Rapper's Roundtable". Carnage The Executioner is in charge, dropping beats, and there are between 6 and 12 rappers who show up and freestyle for 2 plus hours. We just did the best show ever last Wednesday and should be posting it on soundcloud soon, but the link below is an example of what we do.

https://soundcloud.com/caddyswag-radio/rappers-round-table-2-scv

Lots of other interviews on the Caddyswag page that might be interesting.

NSFW

You should check this out. Over the past year, we've had a bunch of TC rappers in studio for what we call "Rapper's Roundtable". Carnage The Executioner is in charge, dropping beats, and there are between 6 and 12 rappers who show up and freestyle for 2 plus hours. We just did the best show ever last Wednesday and should be posting it on soundcloud soon, but the link below is an example of what we do.

https://soundcloud.com/caddyswag-radio/rappers-round-table-2-scv

Lots of other interviews on the Caddyswag page that might be interesting.

You gotta get St.Paul Slim on there if you haven't. Definitely under-rated! Ive been talking a lot with him on twitter and were talking about getting together for the next Deontay Wilder fight. I was at the St.Anthony show Btw- You had much better access than I did my friend. My best friend had a poetry class with Kathy at Augsburg and Mikey came in with Carbon Carousel for a performance. This is a HOTBED for anyone in the know about quality Hip-Hop. Muja-Messiah is another one who I think could blow.

But going back to the Gophers/Rhymesayers. Prof has been trying his hardest on twitter to get the local sports scene to embrace Rhymesayers. In one of his latest concerts in Idaho I saw someone in the crowd with a Purple scarf..When I watched it again it said SKOL. These rappers are making our state seem cool to kids who would have NO Contact with our state otherwise. That could massively help us with recruiting without Fleck lifting a finger.

You gotta get St.Paul Slim on there if you haven't. Definitely under-rated! Ive been talking a lot with him on twitter and were talking about getting together for the next Deontay Wilder fight. I was at the St.Anthony show Btw- You had much better access than I did my friend. My best friend had a poetry class with Kathy at Augsburg and Mikey came in with Carbon Carousel for a performance. This is a HOTBED for anyone in the know about quality Hip-Hop. Muja-Messiah is another one who I think could blow.

But going back to the Gophers/Rhymesayers. Prof has been trying his hardest on twitter to get the local sports scene to embrace Rhymesayers. In one of his latest concerts in Idaho I saw someone in the crowd with a Purple scarf..When I watched it again it said SKOL. These rappers are making our state seem cool to kids who would have NO Contact with our state otherwise. That could massively help us with recruiting without Fleck lifting a finger.

Love St. Paul Slim and we're working on getting him in studio. And don't sleep on Tall Paul but I'm sure you about him.

Been talking with some folks about Soundset and offering a green room with one of our studios right off the State Fair property.

Definitely want to get a DM from you on the "hole in the wall" spot you wrote about. Would love to find another spot to find talent.

Here's a link when Prof called in:

https://soundcloud.com/caddyswag-radio/prof

Love St. Paul Slim and we're working on getting him in studio. And don't sleep on Tall Paul but I'm sure you about him.

Been talking with some folks about Soundset and offering a green room with one of our studios right off the State Fair property.

Definitely want to get a DM from you on the "hole in the wall" spot you wrote about. Would love to find another spot to find talent.

Go right ahead and DM me any questions you have. I was in 8th grade when I got exposed to the headshots tapes and ever since I've been pretty deep in the scene. I remember one time coming out of a DoomTree show and having Brother Ali outside handing out fliers for his own show. It was before "Champion EP" had dropped so I was calling him Dr.Dre for making us fans wait so long after (in my opinion and many others) a classic FIRST album with baited breath. Such a humble dude, just a great human being and a perfect example of a muslim man who wants nothing but peace and love. Dude fights for families losing their homes in Minneapolis and just wants the best for ALL PEOPLE.

The reason rhymsayers acts and doomtree are independent is because they are anti-corporate. They could sign with a big label and develop a huge following, but they are more interested in the art than being corporate. In my opinion the university of Minnesota and particularly the athletic department are corporate. Other than wearing the gear for the iconography, I can't imagine why they would be interested in promoting the U athletic department.

They played homecoming for the Students a few years ago and talked about how big of an honor it was since they were Gopher fans. HS and College kids in MN are listening to them and have been for years. EMBRACE IT! My suggestion of using "IT" is to include their music in promo's,Ad's,and play their music during games..I mean It was good enough for the Minnesota Twins to use in their promo packages before the season this year and they also opened to Imagine Dragons for the MLB All Star Game concert a few years ago. My point is that their music has a distinct Minnesota flavor that includes mentions that only Minnesotans would get like "Wellstone Bumper Stickers" "Memory Lanes" but an outsider doesn't need to understand to enjoy.

Do you guys recall the commercials of Mauer and Crew driving around downtown in a convertible? That was all set at an Atmosphere song.

They got paid to do a concert where they live. I've never seen anything about any of them being gopher fans, not saying they aren't, but it's not like they are making it super visible if they are.

I like you Donkeypunch Jones!

They got paid to do a concert where they live. I've never seen anything about any of them being gopher fans, not saying they aren't, but it's not like they are making it super visible if they are.

They are constantly wearing Minnesota sports gear be it North Stars gear,Twins gear,Wolves gear, and Gophers gear. One thing to get paid to perform but I could sit here and post TONS of pictures of them clad in the colors of our local teams.
Gophers-Slug.jpg

bigtenchamps1899 said:
The reason rhymsayers acts and doomtree are independent is because they are anti-corporate. They could sign with a big label and develop a huge following, but they are more interested in the art than being corporate. In my opinion the university of Minnesota and particularly the athletic department are corporate. Other than wearing the gear for the iconography, I can't imagine why they would be interested in promoting the U athletic department.

The only anti corporation policies they have pertain to ownership and promotion of their music..Pretty much just like Prince did eventually. They learned this from being a part of the collective known as "Anticon". They promote lots of brands every year be it to help put on their annual festival "SoundSet" or people just using their music in commercials for various brands. Ive never seen or heard anything about them having a problem promoting something they believe in.

Im sure every single person on this board has heard the song "Ghostwriter" by RJD2 from Car Commercials to ad's for Wells Fargo.
RJD2 is another artist who works with their label.

Yo I sent you a PM about what we had mentioned above. Not sure if you got it but I think I could help with getting Slim on your show.

And if you like any Drake song "better" than this track by Prof...well...**** you (fair warning...most of the following songs are NSFW) I'll be at his show at First Avenue March 2nd:

Give me Jumpman and you keep this. I got too much southern rap in me to get into the mn scene.

Top Bottom