Drake/Gold Country?

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/MinnesotaMunn/status/835594778821681152

This is a connected guy so it wouldn't surprise if it turns out to be true, especially the way Fleck has talked about him. I personally can't stand Drake and we have MUCH better rappers here in state (that we should incorporate into games) with Atmosphere and Brother Ali but I definitely can see some positives that this could bring to recruiting. It pains me to say this but I hope its true.

we have MUCH better rappers here in state (that we should incorporate into games) with Atmosphere and Brother Ali
Preposterous statement nominee. Maybe you don't like Drake or prefer the other guys, but the numbers don't lie. If you worked at any marketing company and you were presented with aligning a client with Drake or Brother Ali and you said to go with Brother Ali you would be fired immediately.

Preposterous statement nominee. Maybe you don't like Drake or prefer the other guys, but the numbers don't lie. If you worked at any marketing company and you were presented with aligning a client with Drake or Brother Ali and you said to go with Brother Ali you would be fired immediately.

Thats the difference..You don't need to market them they are already lifelong fans and Im gonna go ahead and just assume you don't know as much on this subject as much as I do. Atmosphere already has built their own unique scene right in Downtown Minneapolis and the kids from in state are pretty insane about them. Did you even know Atmosphere and Rhymesayers currently host the worlds largest hip-hop festival right here in Minnesota? HUGE artists play it every year too. We have a unique situation to tie a program with critically acclaimed musicians who are PROUD to be Minnesotans and you'd rather take Drake? Na

Just playing "Say Shh" by Atmosphere during home games would help so much with recruits. No one my age and younger has heard that song and not been proud to be a Minnesotan.

What would happen if you said "who?"

Thats the difference..You don't need to market them they are already lifelong fans and Im gonna go ahead and just assume you don't know as much on this subject as much as I do. Atmosphere already has built their own unique scene right in Downtown Minneapolis and the kids from in state are pretty insane about them. Did you even know Atmosphere and Rhymesayers currently host the worlds largest hip-hop festival right here in Minnesota? HUGE artists play it every year too. We have a unique situation to tie a program with critically acclaimed musicians who are PROUD to be Minnesotans and you'd rather take Drake? Na

Just playing "Say Shh" by Atmosphere during home games would help so much with recruits. No one my age and younger has heard that song and not been proud to be a Minnesotan.

Saw Atmosphere last week in Vegas. Good stuff, but Minnesota needs to stop being so provincial and thinking small.

Saw Atmosphere last week in Vegas. Good stuff, but Minnesota needs to stop being so provincial and thinking small.
Congrats,I guess that makes you an expert right?

Provincial? There are kids ALL OVER North America Ive spoken to who want to come to MN simply from the portrait that Atmosphere paints of it. I dated a girl about 5 years ago who moved to Minneapolis from Iowa because of how huge a fan she was.So many kids age 15-to their late 20's agonize that they don't have the money to simply visit their annual homecoming show's or dream of going to "SoundSet" to watch Atmosphere perform with Ice Cube,Method Man and Redman,Cypress Hill,Wiz Khalifa...But by your standards thats too Provincial right? There is a rather large contingence of fans across this country that know the RS brand. They have performed on Letterman,Conan,Leno.. I think its you who might be thinking small about how wide reaching their brand is.

We have this right here within our borders and we don't use it? Its stupid.

MNnice.jpgMNnice.jpg

Ive seen kids deep in Badgers country wearing these because of them and you tell me having them on our side wouldn't be worth it?

Brother Ali is 10X more talented than Drake - and Drake isn't really that bad. Claiming national popularity and sales would leave one to believe that McDonald's has the best hamburger or that Dancing With The Stars is the best show on TV.

If it were the '90s and 'selling out' to the major labels was still the way to go, Ali and Slug would probably both be on MTV. But that is not the business model any more - they are making great money staying true and loyal.

Yeah, I know. I mean we all know "Hit Me Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears was better than any album by Led Zeppelin. The best way to tell who is actually "better" at their craft when it comes to music is the numbers.

Don't care for Drake......but having him around the program would be nothing be HUGE.....if this is at all true.

I really don't even care for rap. I like 90's grunge. I do like hip hop as well. Minnesota has produced some fantastic artists.

lol if drake wants to jump on let him come - we have nothing to lose by him promoting the maroon and gold

Don't like most of his music.....but I kind of like this song..........possibly relevant to our team???

This is the song Im talking about. This song is straight Minnesota Pride and is a secret track on Sevens Travels by Atmosphere. If these guys would've signed with a label instead of staying independent you would've heard of it a long time ago.

https://twitter.com/MinnesotaMunn/status/835594778821681152

This is a connected guy so it wouldn't surprise if it turns out to be true, especially the way Fleck has talked about him. I personally can't stand Drake and we have MUCH better rappers here in state (that we should incorporate into games) with Atmosphere and Brother Ali but I definitely can see some positives that this could bring to recruiting. It pains me to say this but I hope its true.

It's not happening. Jeff posts about Drake all the time on social media, which is funny, because at heart he's metal dude. Total metal head. Good ball player out of Lake City.

He is that last of the "4 horsemen" for the Timberwolves: what the first 4 people hired by the Wolves called themselves. I had dinner tonight with the first person Harv and Marv hired. Jeff was just after him, along with Gonzo and Verdi.

It's a joke, but if you want the backstory, I'll reach out to him.

Oh, and his daughter will probably win state in golf this spring. She's awesome. Great swing, great kid.

It's not happening. Jeff posts about Drake all the time on social media, which is funny, because at heart he's metal dude. Total metal head. Good ball player out of Lake City.

He is that last of the "4 horsemen" for the Timberwolves: what the first 4 people hired by the Wolves called themselves. I had dinner tonight with the first person Harv and Marv hired. Jeff was just after him, along with Gonzo and Verdi.

It's a joke, but if you want the backstory, I'll reach out to him.

Oh, and his daughter will probably win state in golf this spring. She's awesome. Great swing, great kid.

I could honestly care less because as Ive made clear here we should really be embracing Atmosphere as a program to help enthuse our local kids to take pride in their home and build something. They are the perfect example of what you can do by embracing your home and putting in hard work. They built the most successful indie hip hop label in history without ever leaving Minnesota,its pretty much the blueprints that Prince put together and now that we've lost Prince these guys are the ones repping Minnesota.

OP is stating a belief of "better", and I agree. If I'm selling tickets trying to sell out The Brickhouse for a show, my chances are better with Drake than Atmosphere or Brother Ali.

But when I'm spinning records, and want to hear what I like, I can find much "better" local options than listening to Drake.

Eyedea was a local lyrical genius (and I don't use that term flippantly) and any fan of Hip Hop would be advised to see the feature film by Brandon Crowson about him "The World Has No Eyedea" showing at the Parkway Theater tomorrow night. He left this mortal coil far too soon. It also features Slug from Atmosphere. Plus others that I'll mention below.

And if you like any Drake song "better" than this track by Prof...well...**** you (fair warning...most of the following songs are NSFW) I'll be at his show at First Avenue March 2nd:

And O.K. I'm biased, but there are people you've probably never hear of like Citizen, Mohs and Just Wulf, but I'd still rather listen to "One Love" by them than any Drake track (and they give a shoutout to my radio show at 1:14):

And you have a guy like Terrell Woods aka Carnage the Executioner who has a life story that has him never knowing his father, a mother that had drug and alcohol issues her whole life...spent his youth at St. Joe's Home for Children, but still graduated college and is the head of the Hecatomb crew. Would Drake be better than "Minnesota Mean"? The answer is no...and I need to figure out how to get to his show also on March 2nd I think it's at Bunker's:

And you can hear him here on the latest release from Bobby Hatfield's Album Brass Knuckle Sandwich (another Twin Cities heavyweight who just left on a 20 city tour) [dope track warning]

I'll listen to Dispute One all day - https://soundcloud.com/disputeone/tracks and he is a very deep, very bright guy.

And even though Miley Cyrus is "marketed" better, do you really think she's "better" than Begonia? Who would you really rather listen to? BTW, Begonia is the name of the band, not the singer. They are based out of Winnipeg, and this track melts me. Her vocals simply drip passion.

I could honestly care less because as Ive made clear here we should really be embracing Atmosphere as a program to help enthuse our local kids to take pride in their home and build something. They are the perfect example of what you can do by embracing your home and putting in hard work. They built the most successful indie hip hop label in history without ever leaving Minnesota,its pretty much the blueprints that Prince put together and now that we've lost Prince these guys are the ones repping Minnesota.

Relax...I'm on your side.

OP is stating a belief of "better", and I agree. If I'm selling tickets trying to sell out The Brickhouse for a show, my chances are better with Drake than Atmosphere or Brother Ali.

But when I'm spinning records, and want to hear what I like, I can find much "better" local options than listening to Drake.

Eyedea was a local lyrical genius (and I don't use that term flippantly) and any fan of Hip Hop would be advised to see the feature film by Brandon Crowson about him "The World Has No Eyedea" showing at the Parkway Theater tomorrow night. He left this mortal coil far too soon. It also features Slug from Atmosphere. Plus others that I'll mention below.

And if you like any Drake song "better" than this track by Prof...well...**** you (fair warning...most of the following songs are NSFW) I'll be at his show at First Avenue March 2nd:

I met Eyedea for the 1st time about a week before he died and talked to him for about 20 minutes at SoundSet. I got his Autograph and bought a limited edition poem book that he and his grandmother had created together. it was numbered 1-35 and each one had its own unique design on its cover. Paid 15 bucks for it and now Ive seen a few going for over 500$ online..not that I would ever even consider selling it.

His Blaze Battle world championship victory live on HBO is where the world started throwing offers at him including Bad Boy records but he turned them all down to stay with the small indie Minneapolis based Rhymesayers. Just another example of what Atmosphere has built here in Minnesota. They are now even signing established stars like Dialated Peoples,Freeway,ect.

I met Eyedea for the 1st time about a week before he died and talked to him for about 20 minutes at SoundSet. I got his Autograph and bought a limited edition poem book that he and his grandmother had created together. it was numbered 1-35 and each one had its own unique design on its cover. Paid 15 bucks for it and now Ive seen a few going for over 500$ online..not that I would ever even consider selling it.

His Blaze Battle world championship victory live on HBO is where the world started throwing offers at him including Bad Boy records but he turned them all down to stay with the small indie Minneapolis based Rhymesayers. Just another example of what Atmosphere has built here in Minnesota. They are now even signing established stars like Dialated Peoples,Freeway,ect.

Wow...never lose that book. I would love to see it (no offer forthcoming).

Blaze Battle was such a mind **** for him. He didn't like battling much, because he had so much respect for other rappers, but he had so much talent, he just let it roll and he was asked...so he did it.

Have you seen the film "The World Has No Eyedea"? It's really cool, especially for locals. His mom, Kathy is so incredibly cool too. Sincerely, try to get out to see it.

Yeah, I know. I mean we all know "Hit Me Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears was better than any album by Led Zeppelin. The best way to tell who is actually "better" at their craft when it comes to music is the numbers.

I'd hate to have to choose between Britney and LZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom