Pay Pitino

gopherlaney

Reaction score
Forget him leaving. Facilities are enroute, pay the man and let's go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He got taken care of plenty before he earned it. Could easily have been fired last year if it weren't for a huge buyout. He has what he has. No more.

Pay him, cheaper to pay him big this year cause next year they jelly

Agree 100%. Get out that row the boat check book and get it done! I will even take an increase in my season tickets.

He got taken care of plenty before he earned it. Could easily have been fired last year if it weren't for a huge buyout. He has what he has. No more.

Spoken like an individual that feels he was always under appreciated in his job but never had the balls to make change. People get paid according to their value in the market. Your personal resentment serves no value to the discussion. I hope the AD steps up, if needed, and pays the market rate.

Spoken like an individual that feels he was always under appreciated in his job but never had the balls to make change. People get paid according to their value in the market. Your personal resentment serves no value to the discussion. I hope the AD steps up, if needed, and pays the market rate.

Really? So you know me and what I've done? I guess if someone has a differing opinion then that equates to personal resentment. Sorry. He was compensated plenty for doing nothing. Now he's making up for it. Give me another year like this one and maybe we can talk better contract. My opinion.

Really? So you know me and what I've done? I guess if someone has a differing opinion then that equates to personal resentment. Sorry. He was compensated plenty for doing nothing. Now he's making up for it. Give me another year like this one and maybe we can talk better contract. My opinion.

I agree 100℅. This is how big mistakes are made.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I agree 100℅. This is how big mistakes are made.

The only mistake is not paying him. Second best conference record in 32 years. Great PG coming in next year and the '18 class is the most important in recent memory.

Yeah, let's have our coach leaving hanging over the class of '18 with a deep in state pool and 5 available scholly's. This is college athletics, get on board or never complain about mediocrity.

Born and raised here and our family has had season basketball and football tickets since the 50's. Go Gophers !

The only mistake is not paying him. Second best conference record in 32 years. Great PG coming in next year and the '18 class is the most important in recent memory.

Yeah, let's have our coach leaving hanging over the class of '18 with a deep in state pool and 5 available scholly's. This is college athletics, get on board or never complain about mediocrity.

There is no coach leaving hanging over the program.

Just two weeks ago, this could have looked completely different. Iowa, Indiana and Michigan could all easily have been losses.

Just two weeks ago, this could have looked completely different. Iowa, Indiana and Michigan could all easily have been losses.

BUT. THEY. WEREN'T!!!!!!!!

True, so if pitino has a very similar record next year will you agree to extend his contract then? cause we have to after next year in the idea that you don't let you coaches contract get under 4 years out. Also if he repeats we'll have to pay him. Some of us are sold on him (me) others don't seam to be...

Not that Coyle needs your approval.

There is no coach leaving hanging over the program.

Don't know what the details are on Pitino's contract but I agree with your sentiment. Holtz burned the football program 30 years ago by leaving for greener pastures and a lot of our fanbase has turned that into us being a stepping stone job for coaches in our major sports. It absolutely has not been but that doesn't stop a subsection of our fanbase from freaking out at any sign of success that our coach is going to be stolen away from us.

And while I don't think Pitino is going anywhere if he were to leave this would be an extremely attractive job. New facilities on the way, a very talented roster that loses almost nobody and an administration that looks like they might be willing to pay top dollar for coaches. We would have a great shot of landing a very good coach....but again in spite of what people like Dwight Schrute and his sources will claim I have no clue why Pitino would want to leave after this year considering that next season could be off the charts.

Don't know what the details are on Pitino's contract but I agree with your sentiment. Holtz burned the football program 30 years ago by leaving for greener pastures and a lot of our fanbase has turned that into us being a stepping stone job for coaches in our major sports. It absolutely has not been but that doesn't stop a subsection of our fanbase from freaking out at any sign of success that our coach is going to be stolen away from us.

And while I don't think Pitino is going anywhere if he were to leave this would be an extremely attractive job. New facilities on the way, a very talented roster that loses almost nobody and an administration that looks like they might be willing to pay top dollar for coaches. We would have a great shot of landing a very good coach....but again in spite of what people like Dwight Schrute and his sources will claim I have no clue why Pitino would want to leave after this year considering that next season could be off the charts.

This is all very true.

So is the idea of giving him a raise if he asks for it.

If they want to keep recruiting at a high level they lock him up. He is near the bottom of the Big Ten pay scale. Before this year- that's what he had coming. Not any more. Pay the man. Winning will make the salary a bargain. They have 190 million sunk into improving the program- I don't think they are going to balk at another million to lock in the direction and growing fan excitement.

It's the current administration's willingness to invest in our revenue sports that makes me optimistic for the future. It's what has held us back for so many years. Minnesota should reward success, and continue to invest in the future.

And MSU, Maryland, and Wisconsin all could have easily been wins. Get lost.

Why are there so many more stupid posters herre than there used to be?

That guy from da range should go back under that heap of taconite where he has been living.

You're delusional.

Why are there so many more stupid posters herre than there used to be?

That guy from da range should go back under that heap of taconite where he has been living.

Wow! I'm stupid because I don't agree with you. Nice argument.

Really? Why am I delusional. Care to elaborate?

Delusional disorders involve holding fixed beliefs that are definitely false but remain plausible to the sufferer. Moreover, the sufferer believes in them very strongly. Having a delusional disorder is not a form of schizophrenia, with which it is often confused. Instead, delusions involve situations that can actually occur for the individual for at least a month or more in duration and these beliefs generally appear normal for the sufferer. Overall, the person's behaviors are generally normal apart from the delusional element. There are several types of delusional disorders, including erotomanic, grandiose, jealous, persecutory, and somatic. As you learn more about these disorders, remember that the mind is an incredible force and is capable of many strange imaginings that seem very real to the individual imagining them.

Delusional disorders involve holding fixed beliefs that are definitely false but remain plausible to the sufferer. Moreover, the sufferer believes in them very strongly. Having a delusional disorder is not a form of schizophrenia, with which it is often confused. Instead, delusions involve situations that can actually occur for the individual for at least a month or more in duration and these beliefs generally appear normal for the sufferer. Overall, the person's behaviors are generally normal apart from the delusional element. There are several types of delusional disorders, including erotomanic, grandiose, jealous, persecutory, and somatic. As you learn more about these disorders, remember that the mind is an incredible force and is capable of many strange imaginings that seem very real to the individual imagining them.

[emoji23]

^ I checked Wikipedia. He's correct.

I do love the direction, but let it carry out. Mostly, it has not been only so-so until the past two months. He has already had a big extension through '21. He's due for over 100k of bonuses and is due 450k if he simply stays for 2 yrs. He's at around $2M a year. If he proves it again and shows some commitment to staying and developing the program, he will make Buku for a long time. He could be the guy here!

Before he earned it?? Improving the recruiting without the new facilities? "Could easily have been fired last year"??? People like you are why the University of Minnesota has struggled to rise above mediocrity for so long. People like you are why Minnesota fans are so scared of good coaches leaving as soon as they taste a little success.

You must be blind not to have seen the foundation he has been building here. He had to get rid of the old foundation first and had to rebuild from the ground up, you have to do that to build something that will last.

Before he earned it?? Improving the recruiting without the new facilities? "Could easily have been fired last year"??? People like you are why the University of Minnesota has struggled to rise above mediocrity for so long. People like you are why Minnesota fans are so scared of good coaches leaving as soon as they taste a little success.

You must be blind not to have seen the foundation he has been building here. He had to get rid of the old foundation first and had to rebuild from the ground up, you have to do that to build something that will last.

Now I'm blind huh? Sorry but it's my opinion. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine.

Top Bottom