How will fans cope with the Gophers success?

In light of the joy of success, how will Gopher fans cope?

• Ponder possible transfers

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Worry that we are over-confident

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Obsess that the coach is leaving/staying

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Stress over the quality of the officiating

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

Moonlight

Reaction score
1. Obsess over possible transfers
2. Obsess that we are over-confident
3. Obsess that the coach is leaving
4. Obsess over the quality of the officiating

Maybe every fan will buy in and we can enjoy having a good team again.. this team will be good for awhile.. And that starts Saturday pack the damn barn and make it a very intimidating place to play again.. if people are true gopher fans they will support this great turn around team and push us into march on a mission, to prove gopher basketball is back!

Talk about national championships

You need to add an all of the above option....but the coach one will probably be the primary concern since that seems to be what everyone stresses about as soon as we have any kind of success.

You need to add an all of the above option....but the coach one will probably be the primary concern since that seems to be what everyone stresses about as soon as we have any kind of success.

Or a NONE of the above.

What a bu11sh1t question. All 4 options were negative crap. People like you make me sick.

Our inbred inferiority complex requires that we obsess about all of them, but clearly the coaching issue will be number one. How can anyone really love us when they know who we are?

Be humble and hope for better things ahead. A NCAA berth is the goal and would be a great turn around from last season. But hardly what I would label as a success. Expectations have been very low.

Success is something that the program has not attained nor maintained for a long time. Winning two tourney games would be a success.

Hilarious!

Hilarious or sad, I don't know! What I do know is that this team has exceeded everyone's expectations and its been a fun ride this year. What I do know is that not only do we have an exciting team this year but with Fitzgerald there are at least 3 nice pieces to be added to this team next year (losing only one), and the follow year looks pretty good too. What I do know is that even if Pitino leaves, which I doubt, he will be leaving behind a strong nucleus and some of the best facilities in the country.

We had a right to express our "inbred inferiority complex" in the past. When the old dude left us for Notre Dame a bunch of years ago, it hurt. When Mason interviewed for the Buckeye's job it hurt. In cases like that we had to react with no plan and Brew and Gutekunst were brought into our midst. Say what you will about our new AD, but look at his plan to replace Claeys. Pretty good stuff! If we don't think that our AD has some arrows in his quiver now we are mistaken. Here is hoping that Pitino grows old here. What he has done this year is amazing. But, if not, I got a feeling that the next coach up will be a "Tubby" hire, in a good way.

Laugh as I watch the haters squirm to try and find things to rip the program on.

Maybe every fan will buy in and we can enjoy having a good team again.. this team will be good for awhile.. And that starts Saturday pack the damn barn and make it a very intimidating place to play again.. if people are true gopher fans they will support this great turn around team and push us into march on a mission, to prove gopher basketball is back!
YES - the team should be greeted with a long standing O

Our inbred inferiority complex requires that we obsess about all of them, but clearly the coaching issue will be number one. How can anyone really love us when they know who we are?
LOL - Actually, I think I set it up for multiple choices.

Or a NONE of the above.

What a bu11sh1t question. All 4 options were negative crap. People like you make me sick.
Exactly - I know sarcasm often fails on the internet so my apologies and a few laughs for the people who thought this was serious. I thought it was an obvious answer to 5 pages on where Pitino is going next. I'm not sure why this is the top discussion this week, instead of who's the MVP, or Pitino's halftime adjustments, or who is your favorite player.

Laugh as I watch the haters squirm to try and find things to rip the program on.
This is my way of laughing.

At Christmas dinner my brother asked (knowing we have season tickets) if anything less than 9-9 would be a disappointment.
Now I know a lot of people like to think this way, and maybe many of you out there do. But, I wonder why people would decide before a season starts what would disappoint them? Some of us having been hanging out here since the Monson years and are having the time of our basketball lives in the last 19 years.
Watching a team grow up is the fun of following a college team in your own backyard. We're seeing that unfold this season (including the coach) and considering the rest of the world seems to be going to hell in a hand basket, I for one can't be bothered with any of the above options.

agree that "all of the above" should have been an option.

Though coaching leaving would be the most obsessed over.

Exactly - I know sarcasm often fails on the internet so my apologies and a few laughs for the people who thought this was serious. I thought it was an obvious answer to 5 pages on where Pitino is going next. I'm not sure why this is the top discussion this week, instead of who's the MVP, or Pitino's halftime adjustments, or who is your favorite player.

Hey Moonlight, sorry for going postal on you, lol. I am SO pleased and relieved that you were not serious and were being sarcastic.

I'm not around enough to know you well enough yet.

Now I know. Keep on keeping on Moonlight.

Just check every single box. I did as all apply.

Pitino for national coach of the year....

1. Obsess over possible transfers
2. Obsess that we are over-confident
3. Obsess that the coach is leaving
4. Obsess over the quality of the officiating
5. Obsess over why new fans are jerks.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom